Valanciunas/Sacramento

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valanciunas/Sacramento

simply clears some cap, adds another winger, and gives us a faster center (not better, but faster)

why would the kings be interested?
    they are dealing with 7 free agents and need some veteran presence to lead their new youth core.
    big V could be that man.

Sacramento moved Boogie partly because they love WCS. Seriously doubt they even consider such a deal.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Sacramento moved Boogie partly because they love WCS. Seriously doubt they even consider such a deal.
      I think they moved Boogie for bigger reasons than WCS. How would you feel about this?

Last edited by c-troop; Sat Jun 24, 2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

yes, Georgio Papagiannis and a future pick could be moved for Valanciunas.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
          yes, Georgio Papagiannis and a future pick could be moved for Valanciunas.
          I feel like moving Valanciunas is step 1 for the salary cap issue, next would be Carroll then CoJo.

I only say that because he is more valuable to other teams than Carroll and if Ibaka signs here, he is expendable and has better return value than Carroll and Cojo.
          Last edited by c-troop; Sun Jun 25, 2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Pick + Temple + papagianis for JV
            Sounds great, I wish something like this could happen..

Comment

Why on earth are we trying to match salaries in a trade with Sacto? They have piles of cap room. The whole point of trading JV is to shed his 15M, right? We save more by dumping CoJo than doing these deals.

Again, though. They like WCS and they like him as a C. Why would they want JV?
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Why on earth are we trying to match salaries in a trade with Sacto? They have piles of cap room. The whole point of trading JV is to shed his 15M, right? We save more by dumping CoJo than doing these deals.

Again, though. They like WCS and they like him as a C. Why would they want JV?
                Same reason Philly signed Gerald Henderson last year, they needed someone who can lead and show the ropes/teach professionalism to the younger players.

And why not do both? That move would shed about 4m, dump CoJo too, then we'd be down 11m.
                Plus the organization would have two new, more flexible, salaries to manage. Also, Papa G looks like a better fit rotationally than slow Valanciunas.

They're working with Skal and Giles at the 4... and WCS and Papa G at the 5.

Meanwhile we have BeBe and Poeltl, and if we resign Ibaka, where are JV's minutes gunna go?

Also, as far as sacramento free agency goes http://hoopshype.com/2017/06/15/nba-...-2017-centers/

I'd personally put JV above all those players.

WCS vs JV comparison
                http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&idx=players
                Last edited by c-troop; Mon Jun 26, 2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I'm saying if we trade JV, we'd better be getting the full salary relief of his entire salary. It would be silly to trade him and not get much relief. I'd rather have JV than any of the packages described herein. Only reason I see to move him is to clear salary so you can bring back top notch role players like Tucker or Pat.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm saying if we trade JV, we'd better be getting the full salary relief of his entire salary. It would be silly to trade him and not get much relief. I'd rather have JV than any of the packages described herein. Only reason I see to move him is to clear salary so you can bring back top notch role players like Tucker or Pat.
                    fair enough, i agree

Comment

Working...
                    X