Are we seriously not firing Casey???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we seriously not firing Casey???

I'm a bit out of the loop these days for Raps off season news but I haven't heard a peep about firing Casey and I need someone here to reassure me that I don't have to put up with another season of that idiot on the sidelines.

How many times do you need to show you're incompetent in the playoffs before you're fired???

I love Masai but I've always said he's far too loyal for his own good and if he keeps Casey YET AGAIN he'll be proving that statement as concrete fact.

Letter N wrote: View Post
    I'm a bit out of the loop these days for Raps off season news but I haven't heard a peep about firing Casey and I need someone here to reassure me that I don't have to put up with another season of that idiot on the sidelines.

How many times do you need to show you're incompetent in the playoffs before you're fired???

I love Masai but I've always said he's far too loyal for his own good and if he keeps Casey YET AGAIN he'll be proving that statement as concrete fact.
    Casey has helmed the Raps through their most successful era ever. I'm not saying he doesn't need to be replaced, but, the quality of coach who should follow him isn't currently available. This is what Raps fans are stuck with

Comment

I am not sure this is analogous but there was a time when the fans of a great franchise with a great (not quite then) coach was calling for the coach's head. Interesting if nothing else....

I have now become agnostic about Casey. It's the off season but if he does not employ some form of motion offense next season I may change again

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2014/06/03/...rs-head-coach/

Comment

I agree bro, this team isn't going anywhere with Casey as the coach. It's a shame Masai can't see that this coach is incompetent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

There's no sense in just firing Casey because he hurts our feelings. Our team does not have top 10 NBA talent and there are no pre-determined coaches out there in the open market to replace Casey. Don't screw with Karma by axing a coach that was part of two 50 win seasons in a row. Masai won't play scape-goat when he knows Demarre is his own fault as well. First thing's first Masai has got to deal with some UFAs right now in July. Everything will sort itself out.

Comment

Let's be real. We would have done better in the playoffs if Demarre was even a shell of himself... and if 2Pat played consistently.

Comment

I thought we were grooming Stackhouse?

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post
                I thought we were grooming Stackhouse?
                not yet not yet.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  not yet not yet.
                  ok ok just checking just checking

Comment

Lol. You're just figuring it out. Join the rest of us. Have a good night. There is no logic.

Comment

Casey statistically which I'm sure MU will remind us all us the winningest coach in Raptors history.

Comment

The fact that we make the playoffs is good enough for raps fans and good enough for the organization we r the new alt hawks

Comment

Casey will coach this team forever.

It's weird though that he let go of Karl in Denver after multiple disappointing playoff finishes but he's still holding on to Dwane despite the same thing happening. DC probably has some dirt on Masai, it's the only explanation.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Casey will coach this team forever.

It's weird though that he let go of Karl in Denver after multiple disappointing playoff finishes but he's still holding on to Dwane despite the same thing happening. DC probably has some dirt on Masai, it's the only explanation.
                            Karl wasn't let go of. Karl retired. Completely different situation.

As for Casey.... I don't know what to say at this point. If he finally shows he can run some proper offensive plays, I will be happy. If not.... I want him gone as fast as possible. If nothings changed by preseason... I'm not gonna watch.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              Karl wasn't let go of. Karl retired. Completely different situation.

As for Casey.... I don't know what to say at this point. If he finally shows he can run some proper offensive plays, I will be happy. If not.... I want him gone as fast as possible. If nothings changed by preseason... I'm not gonna watch.
                              Karl absolutely did not retire.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...karlge01c.html

June 6, 2013 he was fired from his head coaching position of the Denver Nuggets. Quick google search shows this.

Comment

Working...
                              X