Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... Knicks are targeting Masai to replace Phil...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grange on masai:

"... a source close to MLSE ownership told me Wednesday morning: “Don’t even waste your time on this.”

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      Calgary is beautiful
      Ottawa is a "nicer" city I'd say. Lots to do, friendly vibe, well manicured. I'd say Ottawa is #4.
      I find Calgary very dull and boring... sorry people from Calgary. My uncle and cousins live there.. they agree. Lol

This thread really took a weird turn..? Lol

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Ottawa is a "nicer" city I'd say. Lots to do, friendly vibe, well manicured. I'd say Ottawa is #4.
        I find Calgary very dull and boring... sorry people from Calgary. My uncle and cousins live there.. they agree. Lol

Calgary does have much, much better food than Ottawa, though. In fact, Calgary's food scene rivals any in Canada outside of a few ethnic choices (i.e. Indian).

Calgary's problem is that there is very little "to do". It is still very provincial in that regard. The rest of the city needs to catch up with its chefs.... but it is very attractive in terms of affordability and standard of living. It's definitely in the Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver group - mostly for economic reasons.

Comment

Don't blame me mate! Ban Knicks for life. It's their fault haha

Comment

Calgary is a commuter city, which is why the core is so hollow. It is a wonderful place to raise a family, but not a great place to be young and single.

Calgary would not be able to support an NBA team for at least 20 years imo, and that's if oil has another boom and the economy diversifies, neither of which is a certainty.

Comment

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/statu...49346024931329

Comment

Lots of noise about this now because of a Bruce Arthur piece in the Star.

Let's keep in mind that Arthur is the one who wrote an article that outright said the Raptors weren't going to get Ibaka literally 10 days before the Raptors got Ibaka.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Oops, it was 4 days before they got him.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If Ujiri does leave, what then?

Comment

• i don't see Masai going to NYK. too dysfunctional. plus he's still got god status in toronto. How long will that last in NY? Two weeks?

but man...
                      can you imagine the fucking travesty that would be keeping Dwane Casey while simultaneously losing Masai?

actually, it's probably the most raptor thing that could possibly happen... shit.

Comment

• Arthur was also the one who made the recent comments about Lowry that kyle subsequently shot down on Twitter.
                        But.... What if we stealth milk Dolan for KP and two unprotected 1sts in exchange for masai on a 4 yr contract? We sign hinkie for 4 yrs, stock the cupboard and then bring masai back and destroy the league! The Messiah would die and be resurrected.
                        I'm also more than willing to package Drake for Spike Lee.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          Arthur was also the one who made the recent comments about Lowry that kyle subsequently shot down on Twitter.
                          But.... What if we stealth milk Dolan for KP and two unprotected 1sts in exchange for masai on a 4 yr contract? We sign hinkie for 4 yrs, stock the cupboard and then bring masai back and destroy the league! The Messiah would die and be resurrected.
                          I'm also more than willing to package Drake for Spike Lee.

earning the "Masaiah" nickname. lol.

but i mean, even Dolan is smart enough to realize that no GM is worth Porzingis/unprotected 1sts, right? right??

Comment

• https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...se-arthur.html

Here's the Arthur article.

I doubt masai leaves in the short term but I do have a suspicion that the giants of Africa may mean more to him than Toronto and perhaps, in the future, he might consider that there could be more possibilities to connect with money and influence in NYC to develop it. That's bigger than bball and I totally respect and endorse him in that pursuit.

Comment

• Hopefully this gets addressed today and MU shoots down the rumours. I don't think having uncertainty on July 1st is positive. Maybe Lowry/Ibaka/Tucker wouldn't care but the stability MU brings to the team might play a small role in their decisions.

Comment

• So... Knicks are targeting Masai to replace Phil...

East Coast for the win. You'll have more fun in Halifax than Ottawa or Calgary.

Is this really any weirder than last summers epic "Pineapple on pizza" referendum?
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X