I think we should tank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    But he wasn't that franchise player anymore at that point. Those are definitely not the numbers you tank for.
    Yes, but the reason the Spurs became such a respectable franchise, was because of the previous 15 years of groundwork laid largely by Duncan. Would the 2014 Spurs have built that much momentum if Duncan never existed? IMO, no.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Yes, but the reason the Spurs became such a respectable franchise, was because of the previous 15 years of groundwork laid largely by Duncan. Would the 2014 Spurs have built that much momentum if Duncan never existed? IMO, no.
      Fair point. But I have faith in that front office and Pop. Wouldn't bet against them.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        anyway, c-troop. you obviously love the team so respect. no hard feelings. just different perspectives. see you around.
        Respect Lewro, you always have insightful posts.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Did you just "quit"? lol
          hahaha yeah dude, no ring for me

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I don't think people understand how bad we'd have to be. The East is going to be really bad next year. ATL, Indianna and Chicago will all be tanking next year. That's 3 playoffs teams from this year.

If Lowry walks Masai will give Deebo a chance to, wait for it...prove himself as the lead guy. Also if Lowry walks I could see Deebo coming back with a vengeance. Thier boys and all but, Lowry leaving would be a slap in face to Deebo. Basically saying your not good enough. Last thing Deebo needs is another chip on his shoulder.

A team retooled around Deebo I could see them winning 40-45 games. Lets not forget how well they played when Lowry was hurt. Also put up thier best two games against the Cavs with Lowry hurt.

I think Lowry will be back though. If not I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Rubio. Want more ball movement? Get a pass first PG. Before Lowry got here raps were middle of the pack in assist with Calderon. Didn't win much but, we were passing the ball. Casey wanted Lowry to play the same way but, it just didn't maximise his talent like this current offence does.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            Call me a homer but this is important - for the first time with this core the team played well while Lowry was out and looked pretty good doing it. Lowry needs to be back but as DeRozan has developed the drop off without Kyle is not as severe now as it was 2 years ago.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

sixers fans are crazy rabid. they love hinkie. an electrician just got busted for burying hinkie paraphernalia inside the construction of their new practice facility from past yrs. Im even a fan of them for how they built and theyre our competition. If the league and owners had intervened, i read speculation that hinkie wanted to draft KP ahead of Jah. they'd be better off imo to have stuck with him than win-now colangelo.
              Hinkie paid the dues and then got screwed. Intervening there and in the CP3 trade were two massive f-ups by the league office, they need to stay out of this level of the business.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

If the league and owners had intervened, i read speculation that hinkie wanted to draft KP ahead of Jah.
                This makes it like they intervened on that draft pick. They intervened on his very obvious and transparent tanking strategy, and for very legitimate reasons as his plan was a mockery to the spirit of competition and was hurting the league's bottom line. The same type of thing was done to Donald Sterling back in the 80's when he was constantly tanking his teams.

Hinkie played a video game strategy and unfortunately in real life there are more factors involved then just waiting 20 minutes to simulate through the season.

And even with that strategy it's not like the Sixers are world beaters. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs in two years.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                  This makes it like they intervened on that draft pick. They intervened on his very obvious and transparent tanking strategy, and for very legitimate reasons as his plan was a mockery to the spirit of competition and was hurting the league's bottom line. The same type of thing was done to Donald Sterling back in the 80's when he was constantly tanking his teams.

Hinkie played a video game strategy and unfortunately in real life there are more factors involved then just waiting 20 minutes to simulate through the season.

And even with that strategy it's not like the Sixers are world beaters. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs in two years.
                  what i read (and it was hearsay/speculation) was that hinkie wanted kp but the owners said no. the league was not involved. but, there was speculation that the league and the colangelos were involved in his firing. part of it had to do with his strategy and state of affairs and also his difficulty in dealing with the media and the image of the sixers brand.

Comment

what i read (and it was hearsay/speculation) was that hinkie wanted kp but the owners said no. the league was not involved. but, there was speculation that the league and the colangelos were involved in his firing. part of it had to do with his strategy and state of affairs and also his difficulty in dealing with the media and the image of the sixers brand.
                    Owners saying no to a draft pick happens all the time, especially when it's a European. Remember the Knicks were booed and ridiculed for picking KP over a guy like Mudiay. And although there might've been speculation and push by the league the owners were not happy with the product being put on the court, especially with the lack of #1 picks "the process" had produced and that almost none of his draft picks were healthy and/or still on the roster.

If Philly had #1 picks two years in a row or if even one of MCW, Jah, Embiid, Noel or Saric had been good right off the bat Hinkie might still have a job. But that's a lot of misses in a row, an owner is only willing to bleed money and lose credibility in front of his peers and the media for so long.

Comment

• Jah is really the only the solid miss there and part of that is the change of the league and the logjam. It's still early and he could pan out but I agree I don't like his chances, especially for where he was picked. Again tho, I'm not sure he was hinkies guy?
                      Mcw sucks but he was Roy.
                      Noel was sick his first two years and I think he will be good, especially compared to his draft yr.
                      Embiid might be a generational talent. Worth the risk imo.
                      Saric is solid and remember, he was flipped for Payton and another 1st. Great value.
                      Im sure the owners play a role, I just don't have concrete evidence and it's case by case. Ujiri seems to have autonomy, for example.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                        Owners saying no to a draft pick happens all the time, especially when it's a European. Remember the Knicks were booed and ridiculed for picking KP over a guy like Mudiay. And although there might've been speculation and push by the league the owners were not happy with the product being put on the court, especially with the lack of #1 picks "the process" had produced and that almost none of his draft picks were healthy and/or still on the roster.

If Philly had #1 picks two years in a row or if even one of MCW, Jah, Embiid, Noel or Saric had been good right off the bat Hinkie might still have a job. But that's a lot of misses in a row, an owner is only willing to bleed money and lose credibility in front of his peers and the media for so long.
                        Or it was their plan all along to do a complete rebuild no matter how ugly it got, straight and to the point. Hinkie was going to be the fall guy once whatever number of years they mandated for the tanking portion of the rebuild was complete. I just wonder if Hinkie was in on it or not.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Or it was their plan all along to do a complete rebuild no matter how ugly it got, straight and to the point. Hinkie was going to be the fall guy once whatever number of years they mandated for the tanking portion of the rebuild was complete. I just wonder if Hinkie was in on it or not.
                          Did not happen this way
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• k

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              If Lowry stays, we're pretty well set to steamroll the East, Cavs aside, maybe set another franchise high in wins. Are you sure you're ready to jettison that for a spin of the wheel?
                              Are we ready to steamroll the east? Celtics are just a notch below, but have the assets to get a star, at which point, they'll take over the Raptors. The wizards would also give us a good fight. We're definitely steamrolling them.

c-troop wrote: View Post
                              Yes I would appreciate a team that can compete and make it to the second round each year... Players get injured. Things happen. We've been on the wrong side of that coin a couple times and it can just as easily swing our way.

The ultimate step forward? Lol, tanking does not equal rings. I want some solid examples.

Do you think the 76ers will win a ring in the next 10 years?
                              76ers might not, but I like their chances way more than us. They have actual elite talent on rookie scale contracts set to peak at the same time.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Sign me up for tanking. No way in hell can we compete with Warriors, Spurs or Cavs with this current core. We'd get slaughtered, especially with Casey at the helm. Honestly, I don't even have much faith left in Masai. He's all talk and no substance so far.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X