Some sad news, guys: Sun Life Financial named Jersey Sponsor of Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Not an issue the way it's proposed. It's not a distraction imo and that's fine. It had to happen. The monstrosity is English soccer PL where the team logo is actually dwarfed by that of the sponsoring company....by size multiples. Of course the Euro Hockey leagues take it to another level where the players are a skating advert...can anyone tell which team is playing whom...lol?
    Actually I don't have any problem with soccer ads. Small or big - don't care. Small PL clubs wouldn't even survive w/o uniform sponsorship imo. TV revenue is nuts but not enough. It sucks when rich owners come into soccer and buy all expensive players. These days you can only buy a player with money your club earns. So uniform sponsorship ads are a huge deal for the club.

Comment

i hate the ads, big or small. But glad I shouldn't be able to see them on the tv. There is enough advertising in my life as is.

Comment

Anyone know if this ad will be on jerseys from RS?

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          "Shouldn't even be allowed to care about this"

Great attitude. You must really be looking forward to when the team is renamed the Tim Horton's Timbits.
          The Tim Horton's Glory Holes?

Comment

Some sad news, guys: Sun Life Financial named Jersey Sponsor of Toronto Raptors

Now is the time to buy a jersey before you have to buy one with an ad on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Afaik the jerseys don't have sponsors, just the ones on the players.

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
                Afaik the jerseys don't have sponsors, just the ones on the players.
                That's correct... I just feel bad that the players have to be walking billboards.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

BTW, our jerseys have a slight tweak....

It's basically just a tweak of the side panels.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Soccer is the best sport on Earth so works for them
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      That's correct... I just feel bad that the players have to be walking billboards.
                      I get it but they make so much money. I feel bad for Marfan syndrome situations/health but not much else. I felt bad when bargs and bruno cried. That kinda stuff. I don't care if they're branded bc they are brands. Literally describe themselves as brands or assets.
                      I do find it hard to know the teams in soccer tho bc I don't follow it.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Soccer is the best sport on Earth so works for them

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Anyone know if this ad will be on jerseys from RS?
                            I remember reading somewhere that both versions will be available to purchase. The traditional ones without sponsor logos, and the "authentic game worn" ones.

Comment

Where do you think we're headed next?

I can't believe people are defending--worse, are in favor of--this nonsense. It's an embarrassment to the sport.
                              lol Yes we will all look back wistfully at the pre-2017 era as the innocent and untainted days before money had any influence on our beloved noble professional basketball league.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Where do you think we're headed next?

I can't believe people are defending--worse, are in favor of--this nonsense. It's an embarrassment to the sport.
                                I would say "The Decision" and the super-friends era that followed is more embarrassing to the sport, along with every hard foul being considered a flagrant foul nowadays, and all-stars genuinely thinking the earth is flat.

It's all relative, my friend

Comment

Working...
                                X