Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The OPTIMISTIC Everything 2017 Offseason Thread

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I thought Ibaka is basically our starting C now, no? It sure reads that way from all the media tea leaves.
    This is how view the situation.

- If Jonas stays, Jonas starts at 5
    - if Jonas gets traded, Ibaka starts at 5

Don't know if I like the idea of Jonas off the bench. Unless of course, he's actually given the ball in bench minutes.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    JV is really getting shit on this offseason. Going into his 6th season playing an average of 26mins a game and he's averaging an efficient double double. His D needs improvement but it's possible he can improve. I hope he come back with a vengeance.
    If he doesn't get traded I could see him getting even less minutes this year. Remember we didn't have Ibaka for the whole season. I think Ibaka will play even more minutes at Center this year. Also Yak/Pskills are going to get more minutes this year.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything they should try to give him a bigger role, sink or swim. If they really intend on moving him, showcasing him would be the way to go, you don't lessen the minutes and bring down his value any lower.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I thought Ibaka is basically our starting C now, no? It sure reads that way from all the media tea leaves.
    Mainstream basketball media in Toronto knows less than us..and I'm not really exaggerating. It's really quite a pathetic group lol
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

5. Like SkywalkerAC liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything they should try to give him a bigger role, sink or swim. If they really intend on moving him, showcasing him would be the way to go, you don't lessen the minutes and bring down his value any lower.
    If you're Christian you lock JV up and throw away the key. Or possibly get a pack of gatorade back in a trade. Just get him out of christians friggin sight before he pukes
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They wont showcase him at the cost of Ws though. There is reason why JV doesn't close games. It's cause other teams target him and put him in 1/5 PnR. That's a bucket everytime down for the opposition.

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If he doesn't get traded I could see him getting even less minutes this year. Remember we didn't have Ibaka for the whole season. I think Ibaka will play even more minutes at Center this year. Also Yak/Pskills are going to get more minutes this year.

If that ends up being the case, what a waste in asset value. JV could have fetched a serious return after last year's playoffs.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget how effective he was setting crushing screens for much of the regular season. Ibaka is not that kind of screener. Poeltl has potential the way he creates the passing lane on the roll, but he's not built to throw his weight around just yet. Finally, a double double in 28 minutes is nothing to sneeze at.

On another tangent. This summer league confirms how much I freaking love this youth brigade we have. The 905 championship was no accident. This is bunch of young guys that know how to play together and apart. I mean, there's like 7 (Delon, FVV, Powell, Bruno, OG, Pascal, Poeltl, Bebe) no, 8 of these guys on the team before you even get to the 2-way duo.

Pretty fucking badass if you ask me.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread Information