Carrol traded to Nets! Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Goodbye Carroll. I always liked his enthusiasm for trying hard to be like JYD 2.0
    Tenforthesarcasm?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Illegal screens are turnovers.

My point was that they could dump BeBe for something like a 2nd, if you ascribe such value to him anyway, anytime they like, so what's the opportunity cost of not having moved him already?

Come on man, if they'd gotten that Tucker deal to go through they'd be well over the tax right now even if they couldn't get Miles. They are clearly willing to spend money on a good team. They just couldn't do much more to add talent except by freeing up SnT/MLE capabilities.
      Really? If the Tucker deal had gone through we would've still made the Carroll trade and then just dumped CoJo to Indy for a 2nd instead of sign and trading for a SF (since we would no longer be in desperate need of one).

Then depending on what the figures were at from there we would've likely dumped someone else to get under the line if we weren't already.

So no I don't think we'd be in the tax. It is pretty obvious the board is intent on not paying it.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Really? If the Tucker deal had gone through we would've still made the Carroll trade and then just dumped CoJo to Indy for a 2nd instead of sign and trading for a SF (since we would no longer be in desperate need of one).

Then depending on what the figures were at from there we would've likely dumped someone else to get under the line if we weren't already.

So no I don't think we'd be in the tax. It is pretty obvious the board is intent on not paying it.
        I think if they still had Tucker they would have tried to move CoJo for a stretch 4.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
          I take Carroll's comments with a grain of salt. I'm sure DC knows that he hasd't lived up to expectations in Toronto but you know it has to really to hurt your ego as a professional when a team has to give up 2 assets just to get rid of your contract. I'm sure he's deflecting a little bit. The ISO ball reliance is a valid point but that shouldn't have had the crippling effect on Carroll's defence, shooting and just overall physical capabilities the way it did either. He was not very good for virtually his entire time in Toronto, although I will say that I don't think it was because of a lack of caring or effort.

So to blame the Coach on your way out the door may be a little disingenuous. Especially when it was Casey's same stubbornness that kept him on the court for a lot of this season when it became obvious that Norm was a better option.
          What part of Carroll's comments were actually surprising to anybody or overstated? To the majority, I think it was kind of like "ho-hum, tell us something we didn't know....". Carroll just happened to say out loud what's being said in this forum and around water coolers around this city. Not to mention style of play being specifically referenced by Masai in his end of year wrap-up.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

Heck, they might be in the tax right now if incentives get met. Not sure how you can be so confident of something that's not even a certainty without Tucker, who makes 3M more than Miles.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              What part of Carroll's comments were actually surprising to anybody or overstated? To the majority, I think it was kind of like "ho-hum, tell us something we didn't know....". Carroll just happened to say out loud what's being said in this forum and around water coolers around this city. Not to mention style of play being specifically referenced by Masai in his end of year wrap-up.
              Yeah the “But once adversity hits and stuff starts going wrong, guys are going to go back to ISO basketball, that’s how it is." sounded like a cut and paste from this forum.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Yeah the “But once adversity hits and stuff starts going wrong, guys are going to go back to ISO basketball, that’s how it is." sounded like a cut and paste from this forum.
                It's basically a play by play of every time the Raptors had a big lead in the 4th and turtled way too early. Which was every time the Raptors had a big lead in the 4th.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  It's basically a play by play of every time the Raptors had a big lead in the 4th and turtled way too early. Which was every time the Raptors had a big lead in the 4th.
                  *Nausea intensifies*
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Yep. And the knee-jerk defense of Casey was also a Pavlovian response from this forum. Funny how nobody called out Masai for 'throwing Casey under the bus', when he basically did exactly that to Casey and his system at his end of season presser.

Comment

Working...
                    X