Carrol traded to Nets! Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    That was coming off of Derozan's chucker year. something like 60% of his shots were midrange / long 2s that season, and he was one of the least efficient players in the nba.

The next season he remembered how to drive to the basket.
    Discredit the accomplishments by talking about past deficiencies.
    It's fine. You are not the only one clamoring the same rhetoric.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      We already know that a better version of this core can't do anything but embarass themselves vs Cavs.
      Serge at 5 and Millsap at 4 raises our ceiling to actually compete with the Cavs imo.
      No it doesn't. We'd still get spanked even if we got Millsap.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Kill two birds with one stone?! telling the Nets to back off with the Carroll trade perhaps?!
        Called it! The CJ Miles trade coincided with the Nets trade for DC which is why the price ( 2 draft picks) was a bit hefty.

Comment

• kidr1211 wrote: View Post
          When did we trade our 2019 2nd? Pretty sure we have all our 2nds after 2018
          Thx, my bad. It's 17 and 18.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Go back and read what people actually wrote when DC was signed. Lots of concern at the time.

http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...blings/page139
            I counted about 4 unique posters (each with multiple posts for the day). You win the prize though for being most coherent and definitive in opposition re DC...... and get a pass on "I told you so" part of my post

Comment

• I love this deal.

For me, it's the comfort of knowing I'll never have to hear Herbie Kuhn announce to the arena (and me) the words "JYD 2.0!". This guy never, ever deserved or stood up to that moniker.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                dude didn't you want to tank? what do you argue about? we get rid of players you gripe, we keep extend players... you gripe...
                some ppl are unhappy no matter what don't take it on.

I agree with you. I think people don't know when to be happy in raptor land.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  What I don't get is why it was a necessary move. I would have preferred to keep Carroll this season, and look to trade him when he's an expiring contract. Or stretch him out if there are no takers in his last year.

My guess is it was to help with the tax bill.. but that's an ownership issue not an issue for a fan like me.
                  Well from a fan's perspective, there's much less chance that Carroll gets minutes ahead of Powell now

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Well from a fan's perspective, there's much less chance that Carroll gets minutes ahead of Powell now
                    Dont count out Casey's ability to find a way to keep playing Carroll!

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Comment

• Looking back at posts from when we signed carroll. It's funny what 15 mil was perceived to be only two years ago.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                          Looking back at posts from when we signed carroll. It's funny what 15 mil was perceived to be only two years ago.
                          And we would have been paying Wes Matthews $18m for the next two yrs. Those two contracts would have fucked us.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            That's the happiest I've ever seen David Mitchell.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                              Masai always needs to take away Casey's overused favorites in order to force his hand into working a different method. Next season for example Masai wants internal growth from our inexperienced players to make up the gap that was left as result of 2Pat and Tucker's departures. Therefore Casey will need to give a wider leash to inexperienced players to play through their mistakes, something he doesn't like to do cause he wants to win every game.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Masai always needs to take away Casey's overused favorites in order to force his hand into working a different method. Next season for example Masai wants internal growth from our inexperienced players to make up the gap that was left as result of 2Pat and Tucker's departures. Therefore Casey will need to give a wider leash to inexperienced players to play through their mistakes, something he doesn't like to do cause he wants to win every game.
                                Shouldn't he be trying to win every game? It's not a rebuilding team here and they have the 905 for player development. It could be the difference between facing the Cav's in the 2nd round or ECF.

Comment

Working...
                                X