No announcement yet.

Carrol traded to Nets! Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to Carroll, this guys doesn't even know that he's a scrub.

Comment

• Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        We traded away assets to make up for a crappy contract Masai gave and MLSE was too cheap to eat so rather burn assets for basically nothing. Not impressed with Masai at all, I know he has a lot of homers but he is definitely overrated as a GM. We essentially brought back the same type of team with less bench depth yet somehow expect better results.

#masaithefalseprophet
        Lol, I knew you'd be mad. You haven't posted for awhile so I assumed you'd already joined a Sixers blog.

Comment

• Almost everybody here has wanted more ball movement for years, but it's never a good look for a player to take parting shots on his way out of town: http://www.torontosun.com//2017/07/1...ve-locker-room

Also, maybe the Raptors should have a more equitable offence if it will make the Raptors better, but arguing they should be more like the Hawks? The Hawks couldn't even win a game against Lebron in the playoffs, they hit the exact same wall Toronto has.

The "players don't trust each other" angle doesn't have any support in that piece other than Carroll didn't like the ISO ball.

I've always found it strange that Carroll got more shots, more 3's and had a higher usage his first year in Toronto than during his two years in Atlanta, but the team/fit constantly gets criticized for his underperformance, nevermind that the biggest issue was his defence. That guy was given the opportunities he needed here and he didn't deliver.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            Lol, I knew you'd be mad. You haven't posted for awhile so I assumed you'd already joined a Sixers blog.
            LOL not just yet because I'm interested to see what we do with JV but very close and I would never fully just stop watching the Raps because I've just simply been a fan too long but I am tired our franchise recycling their bs. Always CLAIM they're willing to do this or that but without fail get exposed that it's pure bullshit.

If we just dump JV's salary for nothing then yeah I'm done in the sense of cheering on this team and feeling any sense of hope that it changes because I'm just sick of 20 years of empty promises that we are really willing to pay whatever and do whatever it takes to win because it's obvious that's a lie. We should have at least had our names in there for any of Cousins, PG or Millsap but we're not willing to take that risk and more so MLSE eat that tax bill. They as they have proved through our team's existence are willing to just enough to keep the fans interested and as long as we make the Playoffs that's fine. But it's clear as day Masai is MANDATED to "make us a competitor (not contender)" within the confines of the cap and I'm sick of that.

I just want to get back to being excited about my team's future or chances and I'm not on board with the half measures any more. So yeah I likely will start watching a lot more Sixers' bball as my "1B" favorite and likely some Bucks too because Giannis is my favorite player because I realize how foolish it is to be upset by the results of team that was never really set up to truly succeed.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              It's too bad he's the one that got f'd.

Burning 2 assets to move a crappy contract you made, F Masai and more so MLSE! The cheapskate ownership group that almost certainly said they are absolutely NOT willing to pay luxury tax therefore move a bigger contract at whatever cost.

Comment

• They did kick the tires on those three guys, according to rumour. I haven't heard if they made a play for Millsap this summer but seems likely not.
                If you're waiting for a return on JV to decide your Raptors fandom than I'd suggest that you're probably trusting the wrong process.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Almost everybody here has wanted more ball movement for years, but it's never a good look for a player to take parting shots on his way out of town: http://www.torontosun.com//2017/07/1...ve-locker-room

Also, maybe the Raptors should have a more equitable offence if it will make the Raptors better, but arguing they should be more like the Hawks? The Hawks couldn't even win a game against Lebron in the playoffs, they hit the exact same wall Toronto has.

The "players don't trust each other" angle doesn't have any support in that piece other than Carroll didn't like the ISO ball.

I've always found it strange that Carroll got more shots, more 3's and had a higher usage his first year in Toronto than during his two years in Atlanta, but the team/fit constantly gets criticized for his underperformance, nevermind that the biggest issue was his defence. That guy was given the opportunities he needed here and he didn't deliver.
                  The biggest reason Carroll sucked was undoubtedly and quite simply that Carroll sucks. But I think we have to also realize the team tried to play him in a way that just wasn't him. How many times did we say in a game thread "JUST DON'T DRIBBLE" "CRINGEWORTHY" "NO CARROLL NOOO"..he was basically playing the same way Demar and Cory and Kyle played...shoot if it's open, drive if it's not...there was little ball movement and Carroll is the furthest thing from an ISO player. He's a stand and shoot player, which is why being the 5th best starter on a ball movement Hawks team made him look great.

At the same time, like you mentioned, style of play is basically semantics when you're facing Lebron. Any team needs all world talent, those beautiful basketball Hawks got trounced the way every other East team has.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's too bad he's the one that got f'd.

Burning 2 assets to move a crappy contract you made, F Masai and more so MLSE! The cheapskate ownership group that almost certainly said they are absolutely NOT willing to pay luxury tax therefore move a bigger contract at whatever cost.
                    Eye roll. You're the guy that comes screaming to the mountain tops every time a player signs elsewhere, gets traded elsewhere, or our front office makes a misstep. Arm chair GMing at it's finest (or its worst). JamesNaismith, internet fan would undoubtedly never make mistakes.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      They did kick the tires on those three guys, according to rumour. I haven't heard if they made a play for Millsap this summer but seems likely not.
                      If you're waiting for a return on JV to decide your Raptors fandom than I'd suggest that you're probably trusting the wrong process.
                      Haha very true, however some times right or wrong you just wait around to see something crash n burn for the hell of it.

Also it's not that it's dependent on JV, it was the overwhelming accumulation of garbage over the past 22 years. I just find myself realizing how dumb it is like any bad relationship to have an emotional attachment to anything that only has it's own interests at heart. Year after year we waste time with the little glimmers of hope thinking this time it will be different, this time they'll do the right thing, they said they would and like any shitty partner they bring you crashing back to reality that they only care about themselves. I'm just basically one foot out the door glancing back to see if some miracle occurs, when it more than likely doesn't, I slam the door shut on it and keep an occasional glance on facebook to see if any major changes have occured but keep them in my heart lmao hahah what a comparison eh

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        The biggest reason Carroll sucked was undoubtedly and quite simply that Carroll sucks. But I think we have to also realize the team tried to play him in a way that just wasn't him. How many times did we say in a game thread "JUST DON'T DRIBBLE" "CRINGEWORTHY" "NO CARROLL NOOO"..he was basically playing the same way Demar and Cory and Kyle played...shoot if it's open, drive if it's not...there was little ball movement and Carroll is the furthest thing from an ISO player. He's a stand and shoot player, which is why being the 5th best starter on a ball movement Hawks team made him look great.

At the same time, like you mentioned, style of play is basically semantics when you're facing Lebron. Any team needs all world talent, those beautiful basketball Hawks got trounced the way every other East team has.
                        It's not even that! Even when we played him the right way and gave up spot open threes, he couldn't hit shit! He bricked every one of his threes. He was just garbage! Defensively, he wasn't much better! Norm schooled him and showed him how to play defense!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Eye roll. You're the guy that comes screaming to the mountain tops every time a player signs elsewhere, gets traded elsewhere, or our front office makes a misstep. Arm chair GMing at it's finest (or its worst). JamesNaismith, internet fan would undoubtedly never make mistakes.
                          You'd be far better served looking in the mirror while you're doing that eye roll lol

...and you're the gullible fan MLSE counts on to continue to eat up their crap as long as they tell you they PLAN on changing it. I don't blame you because I've been guilty of this for literally 22 years now but I'm so sick of the same old song and dance. Just remember this when you find yourself on this board all the time whining about how this flawed player/roster or feeling any sort of emotion whenever they slam face first into a brick wall of a real elite team that you chose to support it, you enable an ownership group to take half measures. Accepting mediocrity but expecting excellence is stupidity at it's finest. KeonClark, internet fan should understand that.

Comment

• Carrol traded to Nets! Finally!

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            Haha very true, however some times right or wrong you just wait around to see something crash n burn for the hell of it.

Also it's not that it's dependent on JV, it was the overwhelming accumulation of garbage over the past 22 years. I just find myself realizing how dumb it is like any bad relationship to have an emotional attachment to anything that only has it's own interests at heart. Year after year we waste time with the little glimmers of hope thinking this time it will be different, this time they'll do the right thing, they said they would and like any shitty partner they bring you crashing back to reality that they only care about themselves. I'm just basically one foot out the door glancing back to see if some miracle occurs, when it more than likely doesn't, I slam the door shut on it and keep an occasional glance on facebook to see if any major changes have occured but keep them in my heart lmao hahah what a comparison eh
                            You're like that guy who grew up with a girl who had braces, glasses, wasn't good enough for you and you probably made fun of her.

Then when she's 22 she looks hot. Nice curves, nice hair, looks great.... one of the best looking in her University, working on her masters.

However, she hasn't won any pageants, she isn't a model and she used to look "not so good/less than average."

Dude. Just. Get. Over. It.

Raptors are still one of the best teams in the EAST. We are experiencing our best years in team history. Finally moving on from that terrible history.

Have fun in Philly. Smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by special1; Mon Jul 10, 2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

You'd be far better served looking in the mirror while you're doing that eye roll lol

...and you're the gullible fan MLSE counts on to continue to eat up their crap as long as they tell you they PLAN on changing it. I don't blame you because I've been guilty of this for literally 22 years now but I'm so sick of the same old song and dance. Just remember this when you find yourself on this board all the time whining about how this flawed player/roster or feeling any sort of emotion whenever they slam face first into a brick wall of a real elite team that you chose to support it, you enable an ownership group to take half measures. Accepting mediocrity but expecting excellence is stupidity at it's finest. KeonClark, internet fan should understand that.
                              Oh please. It's called the fan experience.

Ask Red Sox fans some decades ago about winning championships..... Cubs fans just got their due.

Real fans stick it out and it's even sweeter when you get to the mountain top.

You're like those Miami fans that left the arena when they were down by 8 vs the Spurs.

Keep pounding that glass and beg us to let you back in.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm not sure C.J. Miles is actually a better player than Carroll.

Comment

Working...
                                X