X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c-troop wrote: View Post
    trying to give me glasses? lol.

no thanks...

also, sweet conspiracy theory, where can i pick up my tinfoil hat?
    Your dunce cap suits you just fine.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      “I wasn’t happy, my agent, we thought the style of ball was going to be different, it was going to be more team-oriented, but I guess it was still ISO, so I thought they would have moved me last year, but that didn’t happen. - DC

It's pointless to listen to Masai's and Casey's exit conf.

JV will be more involved. Our game style will change. Yada yada. Same shit every year.
      I take Carroll's comments with a grain of salt. I'm sure DC knows that he hasd't lived up to expectations in Toronto but you know it has to really to hurt your ego as a professional when a team has to give up 2 assets just to get rid of your contract. I'm sure he's deflecting a little bit. The ISO ball reliance is a valid point but that shouldn't have had the crippling effect on Carroll's defence, shooting and just overall physical capabilities the way it did either. He was not very good for virtually his entire time in Toronto, although I will say that I don't think it was because of a lack of caring or effort.

So to blame the Coach on your way out the door may be a little disingenuous. Especially when it was Casey's same stubbornness that kept him on the court for a lot of this season when it became obvious that Norm was a better option.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        Your dunce cap suits you just fine.
        "help i can't get up"

Comment

• Everyone is in here talking shit when the game is on.

Comment

• I get the argument for letting the FA's walk and starting a rebuild right now, I don't get the "owners are too cheap" argument. The only guy they wanted who walked (for less money, key point here) is Tucker. Otherwise this team needed changes and Masai has made changes, they fully intend to be better. Some change makes a lot more sense than diving into the tax to bring last year's team back. It wasn't a finals team.

And the passionate owners e.g. Cuban is an ironic argument - that guy literally won a championshiop then ruined his roster trying to duck the tax. He's spent the last 10 years or whatever in a hangover from that car wreck and has just now for the first time said the word "rebuild." Masai + MLSE ownership have been more succesful than Cuban the past 4 years.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I never professed to be an expert but it doesn't take one to know that burning 1st rd AND 2nd rd picks to dump contracts aren't good practice.
              Yeah, a champion team like Golden State would never do that.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I never professed to be an expert but it doesn't take one to know that burning 1st rd AND 2nd rd picks to dump contracts aren't good practice.
                In all seriousness though, what would you have done with Carroll? I remember you posting that you think he's awful. Do you bring him back and keep the picks but have no room for miles? What would you do?

Comment

• (If you don't recall, check out summer 2013).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Does anyone else use the ignore feature?
                    Saves me from reading the "Claws" ranting.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                      I take Carroll's comments with a grain of salt. I'm sure DC knows that he hasd't lived up to expectations in Toronto but you know it has to really to hurt your ego as a professional when a team has to give up 2 assets just to get rid of your contract. I'm sure he's deflecting a little bit. The ISO ball reliance is a valid point but that shouldn't have had the crippling effect on Carroll's defence, shooting and just overall physical capabilities the way it did either. He was not very good for virtually his entire time in Toronto, although I will say that I don't think it was because of a lack of caring or effort.

So to blame the Coach on your way out the door may be a little disingenuous. Especially when it was Casey's same stubbornness that kept him on the court for a lot of this season when it became obvious that Norm was a better option.
                      Right? I guess he wanted more back-cuts, because he got to shoot way more than he should have.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Don't know if this has been posted. Carroll pretty candid in the Sun.

http://www.torontosun.com//2017/07/1...ve-locker-room
                        Yea this doesn't give me hope for any kind of change actually happening. Carroll is speaking only truth
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, a champion team like Golden State would never do that.
                          GSW has some of the best players in the world (on discount). We need every pick we can get to try to land one of those guys... If we're lucky.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            GSW has some of the best players in the world (on discount). We need every pick we can get to try to land one of those guys... If we're lucky.
                            Golden State fans probably would have said the same thing in 2013. This was before Curry was much of an MVP hopeful, let alone real candidate or winner.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• In any case, my point is that the action itself is clearly not a move that is inherently counter to good team building. It's not as simple as its being painted.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                In any case, my point is that the action itself is clearly not a move that is inherently counter to good team building. It's not as simple as its being painted.
                                Glad we cleared that up... Can I have the picks back now plz?

Comment

Working...
                                X