Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
Results 301 to 309 of 309

Thread: Carrol traded to Nets! Finally!

  1. #301
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Goodbye Carroll. I always liked his enthusiasm for trying hard to be like JYD 2.0
    Tenforthesarcasm?
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  2. #302
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Illegal screens are turnovers.

    My point was that they could dump BeBe for something like a 2nd, if you ascribe such value to him anyway, anytime they like, so what's the opportunity cost of not having moved him already?

    Come on man, if they'd gotten that Tucker deal to go through they'd be well over the tax right now even if they couldn't get Miles. They are clearly willing to spend money on a good team. They just couldn't do much more to add talent except by freeing up SnT/MLE capabilities.
    Really? If the Tucker deal had gone through we would've still made the Carroll trade and then just dumped CoJo to Indy for a 2nd instead of sign and trading for a SF (since we would no longer be in desperate need of one).

    Then depending on what the figures were at from there we would've likely dumped someone else to get under the line if we weren't already.

    So no I don't think we'd be in the tax. It is pretty obvious the board is intent on not paying it.

  3. #303
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,519
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Really? If the Tucker deal had gone through we would've still made the Carroll trade and then just dumped CoJo to Indy for a 2nd instead of sign and trading for a SF (since we would no longer be in desperate need of one).

    Then depending on what the figures were at from there we would've likely dumped someone else to get under the line if we weren't already.

    So no I don't think we'd be in the tax. It is pretty obvious the board is intent on not paying it.
    I think if they still had Tucker they would have tried to move CoJo for a stretch 4.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

  4. #304
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,486
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    I take Carroll's comments with a grain of salt. I'm sure DC knows that he hasd't lived up to expectations in Toronto but you know it has to really to hurt your ego as a professional when a team has to give up 2 assets just to get rid of your contract. I'm sure he's deflecting a little bit. The ISO ball reliance is a valid point but that shouldn't have had the crippling effect on Carroll's defence, shooting and just overall physical capabilities the way it did either. He was not very good for virtually his entire time in Toronto, although I will say that I don't think it was because of a lack of caring or effort.

    So to blame the Coach on your way out the door may be a little disingenuous. Especially when it was Casey's same stubbornness that kept him on the court for a lot of this season when it became obvious that Norm was a better option.
    What part of Carroll's comments were actually surprising to anybody or overstated? To the majority, I think it was kind of like "ho-hum, tell us something we didn't know....". Carroll just happened to say out loud what's being said in this forum and around water coolers around this city. Not to mention style of play being specifically referenced by Masai in his end of year wrap-up.

  5. #305
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    11,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Really? If the Tucker deal had gone through we would've still made the Carroll trade and then just dumped CoJo to Indy for a 2nd instead of sign and trading for a SF (since we would no longer be in desperate need of one).

    Then depending on what the figures were at from there we would've likely dumped someone else to get under the line if we weren't already.

    So no I don't think we'd be in the tax. It is pretty obvious the board is intent on not paying it.
    Heck, they might be in the tax right now if incentives get met. Not sure how you can be so confident of something that's not even a certainty without Tucker, who makes 3M more than Miles.

  6. #306
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,419
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    What part of Carroll's comments were actually surprising to anybody or overstated? To the majority, I think it was kind of like "ho-hum, tell us something we didn't know....". Carroll just happened to say out loud what's being said in this forum and around water coolers around this city. Not to mention style of play being specifically referenced by Masai in his end of year wrap-up.
    Yeah the “But once adversity hits and stuff starts going wrong, guys are going to go back to ISO basketball, that’s how it is." sounded like a cut and paste from this forum.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

  7. Like Just Is, Nilanka, golden liked this post
  8. #307
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    11,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Yeah the “But once adversity hits and stuff starts going wrong, guys are going to go back to ISO basketball, that’s how it is." sounded like a cut and paste from this forum.
    It's basically a play by play of every time the Raptors had a big lead in the 4th and turtled way too early. Which was every time the Raptors had a big lead in the 4th.

  9. Like Just Is, Nilanka liked this post
  10. #308
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,519
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    It's basically a play by play of every time the Raptors had a big lead in the 4th and turtled way too early. Which was every time the Raptors had a big lead in the 4th.
    *Nausea intensifies*

  11. #309
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,486
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Yeah the “But once adversity hits and stuff starts going wrong, guys are going to go back to ISO basketball, that’s how it is." sounded like a cut and paste from this forum.
    Yep. And the knee-jerk defense of Casey was also a Pavlovian response from this forum. Funny how nobody called out Masai for 'throwing Casey under the bus', when he basically did exactly that to Casey and his system at his end of season presser.

  12. Like Just Is, BrieflySpeaking liked this post
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •