Cory Joseph shipped to Indiana for CJ Miles in Sign and Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh.

We basically brought back someone to fill Ross' production and use to spread the floor at the cost of CoJo. Delon basically does everything Corey does except he's a better passer and taller/longer, he just needs playing time to get comfortable. Of course there's going to be nights Delon struggles and works through inexperience but others where people are going to see why it was a blessing to trade Corey.

I'm just not that impressed because we're essentially recycling not resetting as we claim.

We tried to find a richman's version of Corey, Ross and Patterson in Delon, Miles and Ibaka which given our thinned out bench won't make a ton of difference because to really compete we need another player that's at least at the level of Ibaka to be of any real threat to beat CLE. We completely missed out on that opportunity when ATL was seeking a S&T partner for Millsap, hopefully we can convince some team to do a straight up S&T of Jamychal Green (for the $11.8M TPE) for JV. It's not the greatest solution but since we traded away our damn picks just to dump Carroll (smfh) it's not likely we can expect to find any borderline all-star (or better) for the remaining "assets" we have left.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Meh.

We basically brought back someone to fill Ross' production and use to spread the floor at the cost of CoJo. Delon basically does everything Corey does except he's a better passer and taller/longer, he just needs playing time to get comfortable. Of course there's going to be nights Delon struggles and works through inexperience but others where people are going to see why it was a blessing to trade Corey.

I'm just not that impressed because we're essentially recycling not resetting as we claim.

We tried to find a richman's version of Corey, Ross and Patterson in Delon, Miles and Ibaka which given our thinned out bench won't make a ton of difference because to really compete we need another player that's at least at the level of Ibaka to be of any real threat to beat CLE. We completely missed out on that opportunity when ATL was seeking a S&T partner for Millsap, hopefully we can convince some team to do a straight up S&T of Jamychal Green (for the $11.8M TPE) for JV. It's not the greatest solution but since we traded away our damn picks just to dump Carroll (smfh) it's not likely we can expect to find any borderline all-star (or better) for the remaining "assets" we have left.
      ATL wasn't necessarily looking for a S&T partner for Millsap, DEN was looking for a way to sign him for 3/$90M and thus found a 3rd team to take Gallo. I mean, why not just send Gallo to ATL and leave the Clips out of it altogether?

Comment

• Why would the Hawks want Gallo? They have a young SF with promise in Prince.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Why would the Hawks want Gallo? They have a young SF with promise in Prince.
          Prince is dead

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            ATL wasn't necessarily looking for a S&T partner for Millsap, DEN was looking for a way to sign him for 3/$90M and thus found a 3rd team to take Gallo. I mean, why not just send Gallo to ATL and leave the Clips out of it altogether?
            gallo was ufa
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DEN had no reason to do a sign and trade, and only bothered so they could get an incidental pick out of it (supplied by ATL and LAC, who wanted the sign and trade to get a return on Millsap leaving, and to sign a guy even though they had no cap space, respectively).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                DEN had no reason to do a sign and trade, and only bothered so they could get an incidental pick out of it (supplied by ATL and LAC, who wanted the sign and trade to get a return on Millsap leaving, and to sign a guy even though they had no cap space, respectively).
                wow, and I assumed DEN didn't have the $30M in cap space to sign him outright.

Comment

wow, and I assumed DEN didn't have the $30M in cap space to sign him outright.
                  They did indeed have the space. Atlanta was just lucky LAC wanted a DEN free agent and was willing to pay assets to make it happen. Otherwise they'd have gotten nothing for him.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Curtis out

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Prince is dead
                      i mean... he is

Comment

• I don't know who that CJ Mil guy is, but he'd better be good if we're trading one of the best goalies in Leafs history for him.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well said. This Millsap stuff has to stop. Did we also miss out on the Chris paul sign and trade? Millsap chose Denver and they had to find a way to make it happen.

Comment

• Comment

• http://8points9seconds.com/2017/07/1...ith-c-j-miles/

CJ Miles in a podcast talking about the Toronto signing.

Comment

Working...
                              X