Cory Joseph shipped to Indiana for CJ Miles in Sign and Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    Good shooter, but I don't recall him being a much of a defender. Who is going defend tough opposition wings? Not that Carroll was doing it anyway. I guess this means Norm is starting.
    i hope so

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      Good shooter, but I don't recall him being a much of a defender. Who is going defend tough opposition wings? Not that Carroll was doing it anyway. I guess this means Norm is starting.
      decent wing defender, poor PF defender.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        I really want Mbah A Moute. He's exactly what we need in a Tucker replacement & was the key cog of the Clippers defense last year.
        the clippers play defence??

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          decent wing defender, poor PF defender.
          Yeah, he's fine. Like, better than DeMar, for sure. Probably better than DeMarre was at the end. Nowhere near Tucker or Powell. Decidedly average. Which is pretty good for a shooter.

But yeah, he's small and will struggle if he has to be the small ball 4. Not a natural rebounder or super strong like Tucker was.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hats off to Cory Joseph though - a heck of a guy and really contributed to some winning basketball.

Comment

Apparently CJ is in the 98th percentile for spot-up shooting

Comment

Cory is complicated dude. Just like Vasquez. Love-hate relationship.

Comment

And CJ. Love this guy. Good signing.

Comment

Had good defensive PPP numbers on isos and pick and roll ballhandler last year. Didn't do so well on spot-ups for some reason (I'd imagine because the Pacers defense was often exposed for open shots).
                    Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sun Jul 9, 2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I like CJ starting at 3 offensively but I ain't fucking with it defensively. Norman makes more sense starting. He's a better defender, he can handle the ball better (which we saw was crucial in the Milwaukee series) and he's still a good 3 point shooter. Also we saw how bad he is when he has to handle to ball too much and has to make a lot of plays which is what would happen if he comes off the bench.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, he's fine. Like, better than DeMar, for sure. Probably better than DeMarre was at the end. Nowhere near Tucker or Powell. Decidedly average. Which is pretty good for a shooter.

But yeah, he's small and will struggle if he has to be the small ball 4. Not a natural rebounder or super strong like Tucker was.
                        Yea right now we have no one who can play small ball 4 when Serge goes to the 5. I guess Pascal is our only option unless Masai picks up a guy like Mbah A Moute.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

would Jonas Jerebko be an option? Or is another wing more pressing?

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                            I like CJ starting at 3 offensively but I ain't fucking with it defensively. Norman makes more sense starting. He's a better defender, he can handle the ball better (which we saw was crucial in the Milwaukee series) and he's still a good 3 point shooter. Also we saw how bad he is when he has to handle to ball too much and has to make a lot of plays which is what would happen if he comes off the bench.
                            Will be interesting to see which way Casey goes. With Delon getting a bigger role, maybe that's a good pairing for the reserve backcourt (veteran + youngster, driver + shooter, size at position + size at position). Ultimately, it depends if you want Powell playing off others (as a shooter especially) or if you want him bringing instant offense off the bench - whatever can get him contributing more value as your 3rd/4th star.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                              Yea right now we have no one who can play small ball 4 when Serge goes to the 5. I guess Pascal is our only option unless Masai picks up a guy like Mbah A Moute.
                              OG? Maybe?
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I don't think Masai is done. I think he's looking as resolving that glut at the 5. JV is awesome but you have a pretty good young centre in Poeltl at a faction at the cost to develop. It really doesn't make sense to have the roster balanced the way it is

Comment

Working...
                                X