Do demarre carolls words have merit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For whatever it's worth.

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
      For whatever it's worth.

lmao The Nets have a pile of players Carroll's size and it looks like they don't even care they got him, he was the price of acquiring draft picks. He may have plenty of minutes on the Brooklyn bench to continue reminiscing about the good ol' Atlanta days.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

DeMarre Carroll will go down as one of the worst signings in franchise.. yet he was still far more productive than guys like Hedo, Landry or Andrea.

I think this franchise is just cursed when it comes to the 3-spot. Wouldn't be surprised if Miles ends up shooting in the low 30%'s when he gets here.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          DeMarre Carroll will go down as one of the worst signings in franchise.. yet he was still far more productive than guys like Hedo, Landry or Andrea.
          Landry Fields? for sure? Hedo? meh I don't know. Bargnani? Bargnani was a damn good player for us. Not worthy of being picked 1st but that's not really his fault.

Bargnani finished 2nd in ROY voting to Roy back in 06. People forget that. He had 3 straight years where he averaged 17, 21, and 19 for us. Obviously people hate on him because of his attitude, he could've been an all time great Raptor if he had DeRozan's dedication to the game. But he's nowhere near as useless as Carroll.

Carroll was just bad. Absolutely useless. One of the worst starter in franchise history.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Well he put up those numbers on 28% usage rate and even if his TS% was decent the Raps won 22 & 23 games the two years after Bosh left. He literally did nothing else for the team except score.

But I guess if your point is he was more productive than Carroll, ok I agree. But don't get too crazy positive.

Comment

lol wow. Bargs revisionist history has begun. He put up those numbers on 28% usage rate and even if his TS% was decent the Raps won 22 & 23 games the years after Bosh left. He literally did nothing else for the team except score.
              rather have bargnani than carroll 100% of the time. are you serious?

Comment

Well at least he did something......Carroll on the other hand? couldn't shoot, couldn't defend, turnover everytime he touches the ball or drive to the hoop. The guy was a disaster.

Not even close. Give me Bargnani over Carroll all day every day.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yeah was just about to say that Bargnani put up those numbers with a lot of usage.. ie, he was "the man" (well next to Bosh I guess) yet never produced as he should have.. that's why the team was so bad.

Hedo was hilarious.. I remember my wife was yelling at him the whole time he was on the screen even though she never watches ball. Was just sick of the fat SOB who didn't give a f*ck. When I told her he made $50M+ she almost started choking. That was also the time where I almost said goodbye to the Raps forever.

Thank God for Tim, Masai and Kyle.

Comment

Guys, Carroll was trash, but he was not a black hole of death literally sapping wins from the team like Bargnani was at his worst. The fact that Bargnani was so capable of doing stuff and still was a death knell to the team whenever he stepped on the floor was the impressive part.

For all the frustration with Carroll, he's graded out as a below average to average player in many metrics. Bargs was historically terrible, Carroll was just a bad player.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Barg's "best year" aka when he scored the most VS Carroll last season.

http://bkref.com/tiny/IWYNV

Completely different roles but still. Bargs would not have a role on this Raps team the last two seasons.

But hey I'll credit him for having a higher AST% than Carroll.
                      Last edited by Mess; Tue Jul 25, 2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        Well at least he did something......Carroll on the other hand? couldn't shoot, couldn't defend, turnover everytime he touches the ball or drive to the hoop. The guy was a disaster.

Not even close. Give me Bargnani over Carroll all day every day.
                        Bargnani did all those things too.. couldn't shoot, couldn't defend and turned the ball over. That guy was a disaster too.. but he was the given the ball a lot.

If you look up their stats they are pretty close. I'd rather have Carroll because at least he was a role player on the team and not a top 1 or 2 guy. And he fit better (ie, was a SF not a center).

Comment

Worst starting SF's in franchise history?
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Barg's "best year" aka when he scored the most VS Carroll last season.

http://bkref.com/tiny/IWYNV
                            I'd like to highlight in particular, the Advanced section, specifically the WS/48 and VORP columns.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Rasual Butler started in 14 games in the 2011-2012 season. He'd be my pick.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                                The combo of 33 yr old Jalen Rose or rookie Joey Graham from 05-06?

Comment

Working...
                                X