No announcement yet.

Do demarre carolls words have merit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really sure what Carroll's own play has to do with the question of how accurate his claims were. I was one of the few people on here who hated the idea of signing him in the first place, especially at such an obscene salary, given his success came in an anti-Raptors system offense.

Yes, his play sucked. He couldn't hit the 3pt shot consistently and didn't offer any better or more consistent defense than Ross or Powell.

However, I find it intriguing that he mentioned the same sort of divide in the dressing room that has come up in the past. I wonder if Patterson walking away from this team might also have been a telltale sign, given that there was thought he might have been on the 'other' side of the dressing room according to past rumors.

Bottom line is that I am happy Carroll is gone, and really like the pickup of Miles. I also was not surprised by his comments, since similar comments/rumors have seeped out of the Raptors dressing room over the past couple seasons.

Comment

How does one check to see who liked and disliked the Carroll deal lol? I'm pretty sure I disliked it from the get go.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Bottom line is that I am happy Carroll is gone, and really like the pickup of Miles. I also was not surprised by his comments, since similar comments/rumors have seeped out of the Raptors dressing room over the past couple seasons.
        Every time JV's had a good scoring half/game and he's being interviewed, and the interviewer asks him why the team's playing so well, the first thing he says is: we were sharing the ball. Every time.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

One thing I don't think gets mentioned nearly enough: when Carroll was signed, a big part of Casey and Masai's pitch to him was the he'd be featured more as an offensive player than he was in Atlanta. That never came close to happening. I don't agree with bitching to the media on the way out the door, but given what he was promised when he signed, I think his frustration's justified.
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            One thing I don't think gets mentioned nearly enough: when Carroll was signed, a big part of Casey and Masai's pitch to him was the he'd be featured more as an offensive player than he was in Atlanta. That never came close to happening. I don't agree with bitching to the media on the way out the door, but given what he was promised when he signed, I think his frustration's justified.
            That is true. But he couldn't satisfy basic of what was asked of him. At the very least we expected him to hit open shots and defend. He did neither of those things. He didn't deserve expanded role. He is salty because Powell and PJ Tucker replaced him
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              That is true. But he couldn't satisfy basic of what was asked of him. At the very least we expected him to hit open shots and defend. He did neither of those things. He didn't deserve expanded role. He is salty because Powell and PJ Tucker replaced him
              like forget the fact that he couldn't hit the side of a barn house.... he couldn't defend. He went before he was ready. It's on the part of the player to be honest and say I am ready to go or not so the health thing doesn't matter. He had a whole summer to get healthy too.

Comment

I don't disagree with any of this. But I still think that he was promised something, and then it became immediately clear that this promise wasn't going to be kept. And that's a bad thing. It's the worst move, and only undeniably bad move, of Masai's tenure as GM.
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

For people like us that have been calling out Casey for a long time, this is vindication. A team plays the system designed by the coach. This ISO play is Casey's baby. I understand that this team has seen some success under him but if this team is to get anywhere meaningful they need to play modern basketball which includes moving the ball and shooting. It would help if they could run plays for their big man rather than have him setting picks for Demar and Lowry all the time. Masai also shares some of the blame. This team needs more shooters and he needs to put Casey on a leash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    I don't disagree with any of this. But I still think that he was promised something, and then it became immediately clear that this promise wasn't going to be kept. And that's a bad thing. It's the worst move, and only undeniably bad move, of Masai's tenure as GM.
                    He couldn't play though. He missed the whole first season. and let's be real why he came here though. MONEY. Did he get his money? That whole other talk sounds like bullshit to me. He started when he had no business starting anymore. Powell and PJ Tucker were better than him. And he still started. Sounds like you want to justify his comments but honestly there's no justification to what he's doing. His value was ruined by injuries and under perfomance. He's throwing organization under the bus so that some sucker team can give him a chance. Nets fans are probably like "Oh Raptors did him wrong, we'll treat him better and he'll be back to ATL Carroll" It's all bullshit by Carroll.

Comment

Who was a worse starting SF for us, Demarre Carroll of Rasual Butler?

Comment

Carroll, useless on offence and useless on defence, had the same +3.3 Net Rating as Ibaka with the Raptors last year.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Carroll, useless on offence and useless on defence, had the same +3.3 Net Rating as Ibaka with the Raptors last year.
                          One guy played with Lowry and the other didn't

Comment

When we got Ibaka and Tucker we became elite defensively that's all i care about.

Comment

He couldn't play though. He missed the whole first season. and let's be real why he came here though. MONEY. Did he get his money? That whole other talk sounds like bullshit to me. He started when he had no business starting anymore. Powell and PJ Tucker were better than him. And he still started. Sounds like you want to justify his comments but honestly there's no justification to what he's doing. His value was ruined by injuries and under perfomance. He's throwing organization under the bus so that some sucker team can give him a chance. Nets fans are probably like "Oh Raptors did him wrong, we'll treat him better and he'll be back to ATL Carroll" It's all bullshit by Carroll.
                              I explicitly wrote that saying what he said on the way out the door was bullshit. I'm not absolving him from anything he said or did while he was here; I was thoroughly unimpressed by his tenure here.

Independent of that: it was poor form on Masai's part to promise him a role and not ensure that it was delivered. Hopefully, he learns from that and doesn't do it again.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I don't see how it's Masai's fault. You gotta do something to prove you ready for expanded role and he didn't. I would've been pissed if they were trying to give him touches because it was promised. Fuck that

Comment

Working...
                                X