Raptors Republic 10-Year Anniversary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    The forum started when I left RaptorsForum and join the lads here. Arsenalist (Zarar) and Altraps asked me to help get things going and that was back in fall of 2009. So we'll be celebrating the forum's 10 year anniversary in a little over 2 years from now.
    Yeah, see I thought so. So I've probably been here since close to the start.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The forum started when I left RaptorsForum and join the lads here. Arsenalist (Zarar) and Altraps asked me to help get things going and that was back in fall of 2009. So we'll be celebrating the forum's 10 year anniversary in a little over 2 years from now.
      DanH wrote: View Post
      Yeah, see I thought so. So I've probably been here since close to the start.
      Based on the fact that Doc is join date Oct 2009, I'm going to guess that is the beginning. Dan at Nov is pretty damn close. I feel ashamed to have taken 3 years to find this place.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Ya, Dan was one of the first regulars here. Some of the faithful from RF came over as well (Apollo, MangoKid, etc) but the better part of them remained there. Which I'm not sure even exists anymore.

Comment

Ya, Dan was one of the first regulars here. Some of the faithful from RF came over as well (Apollo, MangoKid, etc) but the better part of them remained there. Which I'm not sure even exists anymore.
          Nah, it got taken over in a coup of some sort, the site provider got sold or something and the new guys were awful.

They (and most of the posters) moved to torontoraptorsforum.com and are going strong there, somewhat diminished though.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Nah, it got taken over in a coup of some sort, the site provider got sold or something and the new guys were awful.

They (and most of the posters) moved to torontoraptorsforum.com and are going strong there, somewhat diminished though.
            Ah OK. Fair enough. There all good lads. Things soured when I left to come here, but I wish them well.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Based on the fact that Doc is join date Oct 2009, I'm going to guess that is the beginning. Dan at Nov is pretty damn close. I feel ashamed to have taken 3 years to find this place.
              Believe it or not, Dynastys very own REALIZAR has a join date of July 2009. Lol

And ya, I lurked for about a year before I joined, so I guess I was reading some of the early stuff.
              What I want to know is, if RR was just getting off the ground around that time, how the hell did they get linked by ESPNs like NBA Homepage (which is where I found RR)??

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

And ya, I lurked for about a year before I joined, so I guess I was reading some of the early stuff.
                What I want to know is, if RR was just getting off the ground around that time, how the hell did they get linked by ESPNs like NBA Homepage (which is where I found RR)??
                The forums launched after the site.

But ESPN was also forming their truehoop blog network right around then, IIRC, and RR got looped into that.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He was one of the OG's and was a partner in the site back in its infancy stages. Much like Altraps was who had a pretty big following from a blog perspective.

Comment

He was one of the OG's and was a partner in the site back in its infancy stages. Much like Altraps was who had a pretty big following from a blog perspective.

Comment

RAPTOR FAN FRIDAYS (RFF)
                      Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Thu Aug 24, 2017, 09:48 PM.
                      RR OG

Comment

Working...
                      X