Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nike's new NBA jerseys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Can we please bring these jerseys back, along with the dino jerseys. And get rid of the dumb OVO and Huskies jerseys?

I never ever liked those jerseys. The half purple-half black look got old fast, the white jersey looked plain next to them & it was honestly a templated mess. When we scrapped purple but kept the initial design, I was upset as well..... the truth is, our inaugural jerseys are the best the Raptors have ever looked.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on the Timberwolves new jersey?

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/895680984854573056
    It's not a bad design, but here's the issues:

1. That's the Wizards template. Nice click & fill, T-Wolves.

2. Navy & Light Blue.... hmmm... isn't that the Mavericks colour scheme?

3. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE GREEN? YOU BROUGHT IT BACK ON THE LOGOS, AND YOU AREN'T GONNA USE IT? WHY? Navy & Lime would be unique to the league & it really pops.... but NOPE. Double BLUE it is!
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    Straight up terrible. I honestly can't remember the last jersey I said that about.
    I actually kinda like it. My only criticism is, the colour schemes looks a lot like the Mavs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the wizards is a horrible name, just like the magic, the predators, the thrashers..
    No rhyme or reason, just spun a wheel of cool words from the 90s and landed on that. And yes I know I sound like I'm describing our nickname but ours feels different, less vague or generic imo
    Agreed. Bullets was a great name and the Washington Bullets has a lot of history. I don't know why they changed it to Wizards.

Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who doesn't like any of these nike jerseys? I feel like they're trying to hard to look "sharp" and "modern" which tends to look tacky, while most fans would prefer a simpler, almost retro look. At least that's what I would prefer.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Bullets was a great name and the Washington Bullets has a lot of history. I don't know why they changed it to Wizards.
    They were called the bullets since the 50s, a much simpler time. They changed to the wizards for 2 reason: the 80s and 90s introduced the world to black people in major cities such as d.c. and Baltimore killing each other with bullets, and the world becoming politically correct pussies and relating these 2 things to each other
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

7. Like TRex, Mack North liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They were called the bullets since the 50s, a much simpler time. They changed to the wizards for 2 reason: the 80s and 90s introduced the world to black people in major cities such as d.c. and Baltimore killing each other with bullets, and the world becoming politically correct pussies and relating these 2 things to each other
    Totally agree. But in checking some numbers, the murder rate has significantly dropped since the mid 90's.
    http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/dccrime.htm
    Just one year away... Bruno is almost here!

9. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Totally agree. But in checking some numbers, the murder rate has significantly dropped since the mid 90's.
    But we're living in dangerous times where our rights are under attack by the American government!

Post Thanks / Like

These are hot trash. I don't want to like a team wearing these jerseys.

I'm hoping those colors are distorted. The old colors were great, they can't go away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    But we're living in dangerous times where our rights are under attack by the American government!
    Please
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how great of a name it was, but it's a great song.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we all know who we can thank for this improvement

15. Like Mack North liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't like any of these nike jerseys? I feel like they're trying to hard to look "sharp" and "modern" which tends to look tacky, while most fans would prefer a simpler, almost retro look. At least that's what I would prefer.
    I think teams that needed to redesign their look like the Kings, Cavs and Nuggets did a great job. Love the Sac Kings jersey. I don't mind the TWolves jersey. But I was hoping they'd brought back the old black KG, Sprewell, Cassell TWolves unis. But I don't mind this one.

The Mavs and the Thunder are two teams that really need to upgrade their look. Their uniforms are just so bland and boring. But I don't think that's going to happen. They're bringing back the same look I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I was talking about. They should've just brought this back. Love this look.

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE this. Best of the bunch imo.

Post Thanks / Like

These are hot trash. I don't want to like a team wearing these jerseys.

I'm hoping those colors are distorted. The old colors were great, they can't go away from them.
    The colours are definitely distorted. That looks way too purple; I had to go check for myself though .. that's completely weird..

Still not crazy about them.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Aug 10th, 2017 at 08:08 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I was talking about. They should've just brought this back. Love this look.

Just goes to show how much people's tastes vary because I think those are butt ugly and tacky as hell which pretty much sums up my opinion of the TWolves' jersey's since their inception lol this is the first one I don't mind (not love either lol) but at least these are clean and simple. It would be better if the line pattern were more unique and didn't mimic the Wizards pattern so closely but all their other jerseys looked like a crappy expansion/farm team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    The colours are definitely distorted. That looks way too purple; I had to go check for myself though .. that's completely weird..

Still not crazy about them.
    Yea I double-checked this evening and saw the actual colors. They look like FIBA jerseys still, glad they dont have purple and blue though.

When the hell are the Raps dropping theirs? I hope tomorrow.. need something to talk/complain about.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link with the probable Raps jersey. They nailed the Phoenix one, so I would assume the Raps is correct.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/07/...forms-surface/

23. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a tiny change (The chevrons), but it's not a bad change if true.... NBA 2K screenshots show the same thing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information