Thread: Kyle Wiltjer from Kentucky

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kyle Wiltjer from Kentucky

Hey does anybody know anything about this guy I just got a tip we are signing this guy as a backup ? Center tomorrow after he gets his physical by teams medical staff.

2. Like Scraptor, Rudy Bargnani liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent two years at Kentucky and then two years at Gonzaga. He's a duel citizen - both US and Canada. He had a cup of coffee with Houston last year but has spent more time in the D League. He's looked like an underwhelming NBA prospect up to this point so I'd be surprised if they're signing him as a back up anything but maybe he lands with the 905.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, seems like a solid signing for the 905 if true, but definitely a longshot for the big club for now. In college he was one of the better stretch bigs in the game by his last year when he was a potential Naismith candidate. He can shoot, and he's smart, but not really athletic. He was a standout for Rio in the D-league, anchoring them to the finals appearance where they lost to the 905. He'll be turning 25 before this season starts so there's not much upside there. He might grow a bit from NBA reps but for the most part, the guy he is now is who he'll be.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

If he is signed it will probably be to a training camp invite to be waived and sign with the 905.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, shoutout to psrs1, Kyle Wiltjer has agreed to a camp invite with the Raptors. When this thread was created a few days ago I searched everywhere for news about it, with none existing. Only rumor connecting Wiltjer to Raptors in any capacity was this thread.

One year, no guaranteed money, just a training camp invite for now. In all likelihood he doesn't make the final roster, but he's at least getting a look.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/...aranteed-deal/

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He still gets paid for coming to camp thiough? And does this still allow us to cut him and add to the 905?

Raptors Republic Superstar Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lights out shooter at the 4 spot, could be an interesting pairing with Ibaka when we go small ball. Probably will just play with the 905 and be one of if not the best player there, but injuries happen so could see some time with the big club. Hopefully he impresses in camp.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe if he were signed later in the season he wouldn't take us into the Lux tax?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

People love the kid..i wish him the best. The draft thread here last year had a few pages of people wanting him with the Siakim pick. I lost track of him last season but looks like he shot 37.7% from 3 on almost 10 attempts per in the d league. Including a 40 point game.

If nothing else should be a really solid addition to the 905. Dude can shoot the 3 that's for sure.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Zzzzzzzzz.

12. Like c-troop liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Zzzzzzzzz.
    I think you meant to post this in the realgm thread?

Raptors Republic Rookie Double Helix's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Solid scoop. Probably the most talented Canadian on the 905.

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Hey does anybody know anything about this guy I just got a tip we are signing this guy as a backup ? Center tomorrow after he gets his physical by teams medical staff.
    psrs1 with the inside scoop, nice.

Lots of low-risk young longshots on our team now. Hope one of them breaks out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Maybe if he were signed later in the season he wouldn't take us into the Lux tax?
    Or waived halfway through.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    He still gets paid for coming to camp thiough? And does this still allow us to cut him and add to the 905?
    You only get paid for coming to camp if you have a guarantee in the contract, I don't think he does. Stuff like room and board and travel is covered by the team though.

We can make him an affiliate player with the 905 if we waive him (and he wants to play in the D-League).

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    I think you meant to post this in the realgm thread?
    No it's about Kyle Wiltjer it's definitely the right place.

19. Like c-troop, ebrian liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    Well, shoutout to psrs1, Kyle Wiltjer has agreed to a camp invite with the Raptors. When this thread was created a few days ago I searched everywhere for news about it, with none existing. Only rumor connecting Wiltjer to Raptors in any capacity was this thread.

One year, no guaranteed money, just a training camp invite for now. In all likelihood he doesn't make the final roster, but he's at least getting a look.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/...aranteed-deal/
    Abbas was my source? Perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

Thread Information