Kyle Wiltjer from Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Wiltjer from Kentucky

Hey does anybody know anything about this guy I just got a tip we are signing this guy as a backup ? Center tomorrow after he gets his physical by teams medical staff.

Spent two years at Kentucky and then two years at Gonzaga. He's a duel citizen - both US and Canada. He had a cup of coffee with Houston last year but has spent more time in the D League. He's looked like an underwhelming NBA prospect up to this point so I'd be surprised if they're signing him as a back up anything but maybe he lands with the 905.

Comment

Yeah, seems like a solid signing for the 905 if true, but definitely a longshot for the big club for now. In college he was one of the better stretch bigs in the game by his last year when he was a potential Naismith candidate. He can shoot, and he's smart, but not really athletic. He was a standout for Rio in the D-league, anchoring them to the finals appearance where they lost to the 905. He'll be turning 25 before this season starts so there's not much upside there. He might grow a bit from NBA reps but for the most part, the guy he is now is who he'll be.

Comment

If he is signed it will probably be to a training camp invite to be waived and sign with the 905.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well, shoutout to psrs1, Kyle Wiltjer has agreed to a camp invite with the Raptors. When this thread was created a few days ago I searched everywhere for news about it, with none existing. Only rumor connecting Wiltjer to Raptors in any capacity was this thread.

One year, no guaranteed money, just a training camp invite for now. In all likelihood he doesn't make the final roster, but he's at least getting a look.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/...aranteed-deal/
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

He still gets paid for coming to camp thiough? And does this still allow us to cut him and add to the 905?

Comment

Lights out shooter at the 4 spot, could be an interesting pairing with Ibaka when we go small ball. Probably will just play with the 905 and be one of if not the best player there, but injuries happen so could see some time with the big club. Hopefully he impresses in camp.

Comment

Maybe if he were signed later in the season he wouldn't take us into the Lux tax?

Comment

People love the kid..i wish him the best. The draft thread here last year had a few pages of people wanting him with the Siakim pick. I lost track of him last season but looks like he shot 37.7% from 3 on almost 10 attempts per in the d league. Including a 40 point game.

If nothing else should be a really solid addition to the 905. Dude can shoot the 3 that's for sure.

Comment

Zzzzzzzzz.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      Zzzzzzzzz.
                      I think you meant to post this in the realgm thread?

Comment

Solid scoop. Probably the most talented Canadian on the 905.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          Hey does anybody know anything about this guy I just got a tip we are signing this guy as a backup ? Center tomorrow after he gets his physical by teams medical staff.
                          psrs1 with the inside scoop, nice.

Lots of low-risk young longshots on our team now. Hope one of them breaks out.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Maybe if he were signed later in the season he wouldn't take us into the Lux tax?
                            Or waived halfway through.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              He still gets paid for coming to camp thiough? And does this still allow us to cut him and add to the 905?
                              You only get paid for coming to camp if you have a guarantee in the contract, I don't think he does. Stuff like room and board and travel is covered by the team though.

We can make him an affiliate player with the 905 if we waive him (and he wants to play in the D-League).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X