Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: Wanted to say a quick, "Hello." Any other RealGm alumni here?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Before we officially allow you into our circle, we must first ask: Yes or no to pineapple on pizza?

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Rookie Double Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where would the culinary arts be without some freedom of expression and experimentation with flavor combinations? Food is chemistry and pineapple pizza is now something that exists and is legally enjoyed by millions. Even if I personally don't enjoy certain foods it's not my place to tell others what combination of legal ingredients are acceptable or not for their own bodies.

    Next question.

    Yes, you in the Jamario Moon jersey. No, sir. Not you in the Milt Palacio jersey. Please tell me that's ironic. Ew. Is that a Michael Curry jersey I see in the back there? Was that custom made? On second thought, this press conference is over. I'm having Kevin O'Neil flashbacks and I might just break that lamp over there.

  3. Like SkywalkerAC, Cody73, Joey liked this post
  4. #23
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Fuck Gordon Ramsey.

    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  5. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,827
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Wanted to say a quick, "Hello." Any other RealGm alumni here?

    Quote Double Helix wrote: View Post
    Where would the culinary arts be without some freedom of expression and experimentation with flavor combinations? Food is chemistry and pineapple pizza is now something that exists and is legally enjoyed by millions. Even if I personally don't enjoy certain foods it's not my place to tell others what combination of legal ingredients are acceptable or not for their own bodies.

    Next question.

    Yes, you in the Jamario Moon jersey. No, sir. Not you in the Milt Palacio jersey. Please tell me that's ironic. Ew. Is that a Michael Curry jersey I see in the back there? Was that custom made? On second thought, this press conference is over. I'm having Kevin O'Neil flashbacks and I might just break that lamp over there.
    Wrong answer!
    Last edited by Maury; Wed Aug 16th, 2017 at 10:45 AM.

  6. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Fuck Gordon Ramsey.


  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    This we can all agree on.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  8. #27
    Raptors Republic Starter GOLDBLUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Double Helix wrote: View Post
    On second thought, this press conference is over. I'm having Kevin O'Neil flashbacks and I might just break that lamp over there.
    Seeing as you invoked his name, I have a pretty funny Kevin O'Neil story that I've never mentioned here before.

    I used to work down in Niagara. My buddy and I were driving back, leaving T.O. under the Gardiner past the ACC. We stopped at the traffic light and who do we see standing on the corner but Kevin O'Neil, talking on his cell phone. And the Raps were on an abysmally bad run, but what did we care as young Raptors fans of about 23 years old. We rolled down the car window and just straight up hollered at him like morons, "HEYYYYYYY!!!!! KEVIN!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHH KEVIN!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! KEVINNNNN!!!" And he just looked at us, utterly deadpan, in his trench coat, with briefcase in hand, on his phone, as we drove off. We turned on the radio and they announced that very moment that, only minutes ago, he'd been fired. .... oops. Hahahaha. I love to consider whether he thought we'd already known and were just being total fucking assholes. To replay the image of him standing there as a ghost of a man, well, I'm sure he's better now, and, I should certainly feel badly about it, but it remains fucking hilarious to this day. Hahahahahahah. Ahhhhhhh, fond memories.

    Also, I've never before entered into the pineapple debate but I can no longer remain silent on this issue.

    PINEAPPLE RIGHTS FOR ALL! LONG LIVE THE HAWAIIAN PIZZA!! DELICIOUS!!!

  9. Like Mack North, Mess liked this post
  10. #28
    Super Moderator Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    4,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Double Helix wrote: View Post
    Where would the culinary arts be without some freedom of expression and experimentation with flavor combinations? Food is chemistry and pineapple pizza is now something that exists and is legally enjoyed by millions. Even if I personally don't enjoy certain foods it's not my place to tell others what combination of legal ingredients are acceptable or not for their own bodies.

    Next question.

    Yes, you in the Jamario Moon jersey. No, sir. Not you in the Milt Palacio jersey. Please tell me that's ironic. Ew. Is that a Michael Curry jersey I see in the back there? Was that custom made? On second thought, this press conference is over. I'm having Kevin O'Neil flashbacks and I might just break that lamp over there.
    Great answer.... also, if I had to wear an old Raptors jersey... I'd want either a Mengke Bateer or Doug Christie.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

  11. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hawaiian pizza is dangerous.

    It should be monitored and put on the terrorist watchlist.

  12. #30
    Super Moderator Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    4,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Hawaiian pizza is delicious.

    It should be refrigerated and put on every pizza menu.
    FIFY. The sweetness works with the tang of tomatoes.... and if you want a good counterbalance, go for some black olives to add a little saltiness.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

  13. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star ogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Honestly there's so many different takes on pizza in North America, might as well just throw some fuckin pineapple on it:

  14. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    FIFY. The sweetness works with the tang of tomatoes.... and if you want a good counterbalance, go for some black olives to add a little saltiness.

  15. #33
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    We had a whole thread on this guys, don't make me start moderating. Lol

    And I'd rather not have to make an "Everything Pineapple" thread. Besides, everyone knows its disgusting. Those who say otherwise are just trolling... Haha

  16. Like Mack North liked this post
  17. #34
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    10,297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hawaiian Pizza all day everyday. And twice on sundays.

  18. Like Cody73 liked this post
  19. #35
    Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    FIFY. The sweetness works with the tang of tomatoes.... and if you want a good counterbalance, go for some black olives to add a little saltiness.
    Pineapples and olives are like the two worst pizza toppings. Next you'll tell me I should add anchovies.

  20. Like Mack North, Joey, DanH, rocwell liked this post
  21. #36
    Super Moderator Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    4,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Pineapples and olives are like the two worst pizza toppings. Next you'll tell me I should add anchovies.



    Also, I'm not a huge fan of fish in general.... if you want a topping you;d probably hate that I enjoy on Pizza, how about spinach?
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

  22. Like Mess liked this post
  23. #37
    Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post



    Also, I'm not a huge fan of fish in general.... if you want a topping you;d probably hate that I enjoy on Pizza, how about spinach?
    I had spinach on pizza today actually. Good stuff.

  24. #38
    Raptors Republic Rookie Double Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The bigger pizza debate the world should have been focused on is if it's still pizza at all if tomato sauce is replaced by Pesto or BBQ sauce. Tomato sauce feels like a primary ingredient along with cheese to be considered pizza. Change either and you're more in flatbread territory.

  25. Like Mack North, Cody73, Joey liked this post
  26. #39
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Double Helix wrote: View Post
    The bigger pizza debate the world should have been focused on is if it's still pizza at all if tomato sauce is replaced by Pesto or BBQ sauce. Tomato sauce feels like a primary ingredient along with cheese to be considered pizza. Change either and you're more in flatbread territory.
    Flatbread is simply what a restaurant calls pizza when they want to charge you more for it imo.

    But yes, I would consider it still pizza. Though locally we have some tasty cheeseless pizza so maybe I've been radicalized.

    http://romabakery.ca/pizza.html
    Last edited by Mess; Thu Aug 17th, 2017 at 09:48 AM.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  27. #40
    Super Moderator Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    13,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Wanted to say a quick, "Hello." Any other RealGm alumni here?

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    We had a whole thread on this guys, don't make me start moderating. Lol

    And I'd rather not have to make an "Everything Pineapple" thread. Besides, everyone knows its disgusting. Those who say otherwise are just trolling... Haha
    Pineapple on pizza debates have become an annual tradition around here and pineapple is fucking delicious. You speak ill of it again and I'll scour the site to find that video of you shooting long twos at the ACC during the surge of the anti-long twos movement.

    #PineappleLikeABoss
    #ShameOnBigCountryAvatar
    #DynastyRivalsNeverForget
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

  28. Like Joey liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •