2017-2018 predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    How was it much more severe than George? He fractured his ankle, and while it looked brutal, I'm sure 6 months is fairly realistic
    Gordon fractured his tibia bone as well.

Comment

How was it much more severe than George? He fractured his ankle, and while it looked brutal, I'm sure 6 months is fairly realistic
      It's REEEEAAAALLLLYYY tough to recover from a messed up ankle.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        I think Matt Moore bet his house and his firstborn on Demar going at least 1-8 in that game. He appears to be not waning in his violent reaction. Hope he never makes a typo. Oh yeah...he did....#We the Other. He is a professional troll.
        He always makes typos. I used to bring them to his attention years ago and he got all pissy with me. Like, you want to make a living doing this but you can't hit F5 for spellcheck lol what a joke. My opinion of him has not improved much since then.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Do any raptors have any chance at any end of season awards? I've read a lot of predictions the last month and we never receive a single mention lol.

I'm throwing norman powell for MIP and cj miles for 6th man into the race.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Do any raptors have any chance at any end of season awards? I've read a lot of predictions the last month and we never receive a single mention lol.

Idk I think the only real shot would be for KL or DD to get All-NBA, and I know they have in the past but it'll be hard with all the good guards in the league right now. I think to get MIP you need a lot of opportunity with touches and such, doubt Powell gets the 16 or so shots per game he would need to get the award. I could see Miles maybe getting 6man too.

Comment

Do any raptors have any chance at any end of season awards? I've read a lot of predictions the last month and we never receive a single mention lol.

Dwane Casey for Coach of the Year after the Raptors post 60 wins and take 1st in the East.

#HeardItHereFirst
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'm intrigued to see if either JV or ibaka can make an all star game push..the east needs a minimum of 6 "forwards" which range from wing to center iirc. So after the automatics barring injury of lebron and giannis, it's preeeetty thin. Kevin love, I guess al horford, embiid (barring injury) that's 4 or 5 guys. Still leaves 1 to 2 spots and from there it's ibaka, jv, Whiteside, I mean freakin Drummond? Anyone I'm missing? I mean we all know the east is painfully thin and I think either guy has a shot!

Comment

I'm intrigued to see if either JV or ibaka can make an all star game push..the east needs a minimum of 6 "forwards" which range from wing to center iirc. So after the automatics barring injury of lebron and giannis, it's preeeetty thin. Kevin love, I guess al horford, embiid (barring injury) that's 4 or 5 guys. Still leaves 1 to 2 spots and from there it's ibaka, jv, Whiteside, I mean freakin Drummond? Anyone I'm missing? I mean we all know the east is painfully thin and I think either guy has a shot!
                  Millsap is gone out west, so that's good.

I'd add Porzingis, Dwight, and Myles Turner to the list. Everyone seems to want Turner to be great, he'll have plenty of opportunity to put up numbers this year.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I'd add Porzingis, Dwight, and Myles Turner to the list. Everyone seems to want Turner to be great, he'll have plenty of opportunity to put up numbers this year.
                    Ah forgot about kp, and I agree about Turner.

LeBron porzingis and giannis are basically locks, then the next 3 (plus 2 wild cards but likely they'd be guards) is basically a crap shoot from a pile of bigs. It's insane how weak small forward and shooting guard are in the east.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

If Porzingis is voted in from a losing team, it'll take an Anthony Davis-sized effort from another player from a non-playoff (position) team to make it. I don't think Turner and the Pacers are that capable.

Comment

• The Hayward injury obviously changes everything, here's my new top 4 teams in the East:

Cavs
                        Raptors
                        Celtics
                        Sixers
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          The Hayward injury obviously changes everything, here's my new top 4 teams in the East:

Cavs
                          Raptors
                          Celtics
                          Sixers
                          I've got the 6ers winning 7 games this year. Maybe 8 if Embiid stays healthy.

Comment

• The Sixers look nice. They're a legit team - Simmons and Fultz don't play like rookies, and Redick, Bayless and Amir and a veteran presence that was badly missing. Playoff team for sure in this garbage conference.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• 1) Raps bench, far from being dubious, will be straight fire.
                              2) Philly makes playoffs.
                              3) So do the Magic

Comment

• And I'm happy to see Melo on a real team again.

Comment

Working...
                                X