Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference Playoff Teams Predictions: 2017-18 Who is going to the dance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Someone PLEASE give me the case for Raptors > Cavs and Celts. Ive seen three rankings by you guys with Raps at number 1 seed. Are we really better than last year? Didn't Celts get much better? Aren't the Cavs better too?
    It's hard to say if the celts really got any better, and in my mind they got worse. They lost an awesome leader in IT, they're biggest starter is going to be al horford again, they lost all of their perimeter defenders save smart and their defence was already pretty bad. How good is Kyrie? I among others don't think he can lead a winning team. And horford is getting older and losing what's left of his athleticism.

Comment

Someone PLEASE give me the case for Raptors > Cavs and Celts. Ive seen three rankings by you guys with Raps at number 1 seed. Are we really better than last year? Didn't Celts get much better? Aren't the Cavs better too?
      The Celtics are different. Hard to say if they are better - they have more holes than last year's team. And we were better than them last year, will be again this year.

The Cavs are a different stratosphere. They could definitely just coast until the playoffs like last year though, so the top seed is no guarantee for them.

Seeding comes down to a lot more than just which team is better. So although I don't have the Raps pegged for 1st, I do think they have a solid shot at it, depending on what happens this season in terms of teams meshing, injuries, etc.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Cavs > Raps > Celtics. Abbas is literally the only person I've seen put Raps > Cavs

Comment

I'm a homer, I'll always put raps over everyone else

But in all honesty it's cavs then raps then bucks and wizards then finally Boston

Kyrie has yet to make the playoffs without lebron. Celtics will be lucky to get home count, let alone first seed
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

I think the one difference though, about Kyrie is that he has now witnessed and experienced first hand on what it takes to win. I don't think he necessarily knew that when he was all alone in Cleveland. He's a man now, maybe not the wisest of men but nevertheless, the little boy in the early years of Cleveland is long gone.

He also is aware of all the doubters and will have a chip on his shoulder. This is a guy who pretty much scored at will against the NBA Champs. I think they'll be okay but overall I think they've only moved up a bit due to all the lost glue guys like Olynyk, Crowder, etc.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Cavs
              Bos
              Wiz
              Raps
              Bucks
              Cha
              76ers
              Mia

I don't value Raps as high as everyone else seems to, because they just don't seem to have the depth to over come a injury or one of the best players. If Lowry goes down we're toast, if DD or Norm gets hurt we won't have any depth

Comment

Alex91 wrote: View Post
                Cavs
                Bos
                Wiz
                Raps
                Bucks
                Cha
                76ers
                Mia

I don't value Raps as high as everyone else seems to, because they just don't seem to have the depth to over come a injury or one of the best players. If Lowry goes down we're toast, if DD or Norm gets hurt we won't have any depth
                But Boston, Cleveland and Washington have more depth to withstand an injury to one of their two best players?
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                  It's hard to say if the celts really got any better, and in my mind they got worse. They lost an awesome leader in IT, they're biggest starter is going to be al horford again, they lost all of their perimeter defenders save smart and their defence was already pretty bad. How good is Kyrie? I among others don't think he can lead a winning team. And horford is getting older and losing what's left of his athleticism.
                  Have a feeling Hayward will be their most important player anyway.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    I think the one difference though, about Kyrie is that he has now witnessed and experienced first hand on what it takes to win. I don't think he necessarily knew that when he was all alone in Cleveland. He's a man now, maybe not the wisest of men but nevertheless, the little boy in the early years of Cleveland is long gone.

He also is aware of all the doubters and will have a chip on his shoulder. This is a guy who pretty much scored at will against the NBA Champs. I think they'll be okay but overall I think they've only moved up a bit due to all the lost glue guys like Olynyk, Crowder, etc.
                    This is how true, but ask yourself this. In the last 3 years how many games did cavs win when lebron didn't play and Kyrie did?
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Alex91 wrote: View Post
                      Cavs
                      Bos
                      Wiz
                      Raps
                      Bucks
                      Cha
                      76ers
                      Mia

This coming off a season where DeRozan, Patterson and Lowry all missed time and the team still racked up 50+ wins? In spite of not having Ibaka for the majority of the season?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Cavaliers - 57-25
                        Raptors 54-28
                        Celtics 50-32
                        Wizards - 48-34
                        Bucks 47-35
                        Heat 42-40
                        Hornets 41-41
                        Sixers 40-42

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                          This is how true, but ask yourself this. In the last 3 years how many games did cavs win when lebron didn't play and Kyrie did?
                          I don't know. We know that most of this team was built around Lebron as the centerpiece though, so my guess is the answer is "not many"? Would that be accurate?
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

I don't know. We know that most of this team was built around Lebron as the centerpiece though, so my guess is the answer is "not many"? Would that be accurate?
                            That figure has been used pretty liberally on this forum...it's something like 3 and 17. It's not flattering whatever the exact number is.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              That figure has been used pretty liberally on this forum...it's something like 3 and 17. It's not flattering whatever the exact number is.
                              I can't say I'm surprised. That's the impact of a Lebron James. If it were any better, I'd question what Lebron brings to the table.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

I can't say I'm surprised. That's the impact of a Lebron James. If it were any better, I'd question what Lebron brings to the table.
                                Or another view could be the lack of impact that Kyrie Irving brings...
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Oct 2, 2017, 08:24 AM.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X