Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference Playoff Teams Predictions: 2017-18 Who is going to the dance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Cavs
    2. Celtics
    3. Wizards
    4. Raptors
    5. Heat
    6. Bucks
    7. Hornets
    8. Sixers

Comment

As the Boston-Cleveland saga drags on things get better for the Raps and Whiz.
      The trade will either stand or be rescinded but the posturing on both sides makes for great theatre.

If it stands, with Cleveland likely getting a future sweetener, it's Cleveland that looks to be weaker as whatever information is leaking out speculates Thomas will be on the shelf for months rather than weeks. So where Crowder is a plus right now...Rose instead of Irving is a big negative for the Lebrons till IT can play. For Boston, the Chowderheads get Irving but lose another in your face defender in Crowder. Ole defense will be the order of the day.

If it's rescinded..and I hope it is.....Duplicitous Danny has really shot himself in the foot. Regardless of which medical team is right about how long he has to wait for his hip to heal Thomas has to be pretty pissed that he was shown the door just as he thought he was going to get a serious deal from Boston. This soap opera he is living further diminishes his value as uncertainty about how bad he is hurt will make some teams antsy to either trade for him or sign him as a UFA for big money. He played his ass off for the Chowderheads and for that some clowns burned his jersey. He played hurt for them. If he suits up for the Celts , pro or not, don't see the same die on this hill effort from him. Smoothing things over ? Pipe dream. Boston will rely on Rozier or Smart to run the offence if Thomas can't go or comes back and reinjures it. Neither can deliver points the way Thomas did.
      Crowder will be stuck behind Hayward and can't be happy about being jerked around the way he has. Hard to manage guys that don't want to be there.

Same for Irving in Cleveland...save the Cavs should be able to still move him for something. Not as good as what they have now from Boston but something good. People will still do business with Cleveland but who out there wants to business with Ainge if it's perceived he's dealing damaged goods. He won't get much for IT now. Bundling Crowder and the Nets pick gets you something good..just not as good as Irving. Boston has more to lose than the Lebrons.

Think the trade stands and Boston takes back Zizic...gives up another prospect (Rozier, Yabusele ) or a low first round pick..maybe theirs which will be in the low 20s.

Any way this goes...with Thomas health in real question....the Raps window of opportunity gets a degree wider.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Aug 27, 2017, 09:13 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        As the Boston-Cleveland saga drags on things get better for the Raps and Whiz.
        The trade will either stand or be rescinded but the posturing on both sides makes for great theatre.

If it stands, with Cleveland likely getting a future sweetener, it's Cleveland that looks to be weaker as whatever information is leaking out speculates Thomas will be on the shelf for months rather than weeks. So where Crowder is a plus right now...Rose instead of Irving is a big negative for the Lebrons till IT can play. For Boston, the Chowderheads get Irving but lose another in your face defender in Crowder. Ole defense will be the order of the day.

If it's rescinded..and I hope it is.....Duplicitous Danny has really shot himself in the foot. Regardless of which medical team is right about how long he has to wait for his hip to heal Thomas has to be pretty pissed that he was shown the door just as he thought he was going to get a serious deal from Boston. This soap opera he is living further diminishes his value as uncertainty about how bad he is hurt will make some teams antsy to either trade for him or sign him as a UFA for big money. He played his ass off for the Chowderheads and for that some clowns burned his jersey. He played hurt for them. If he suits up for the Celts , pro or not, don't see the same die on this hill effort from him. Smoothing things over ? Pipe dream. Boston will rely on Rozier or Smart to run the offence if Thomas can't go or comes back and reinjures it. Neither can deliver points the way Thomas did.
        Crowder will be stuck behind Hayward and can't be happy about being jerked around the way he has. Hard to manage guys that don't want to be there.

Same for Irving in Cleveland...save the Cavs should be able to still move him for something. Not as good as what they have now from Boston but something good. People will still do business with Cleveland but who out there wants to business with Ainge if it's perceived he's dealing damaged goods. He won't get much for IT now. Bundling Crowder and the Nets pick gets you something good..just not as good as Irving. Boston has more to lose than the Lebrons.

Think the trade stands and Boston takes back Zizic...gives up another prospect (Rozier, Yabusele ) or a low first round pick..maybe theirs which will be in the low 20s.

Any way this goes...with Thomas health in real question....the Raps window of opportunity gets a degree wider.
        If the trade is rescinded I doubt very much that any of these guys will still be on their original teams by the time the season starts. Even injured, IT + Crowder + Zizic + Nets pick is a monster package. Ainge will get something out off that.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          If the trade is rescinded I doubt very much that any of these guys will still be on their original teams by the time the season starts. Even injured, IT + Crowder + Zizic + Nets pick is a monster package. Ainge will get something out off that.
          It is a really good package....but outside of Irving it's a solution looking for a problem.....
          If the the deal is voided the Celts are back looking for an AllStar calibre PG and who has one that they would move for that deal...?

Paul just got to Houston.
          That be a few drink conversation in Raptorland for Kyle and in Portland for Lillard.
          Think Washington says no for Wall and it might not be enough for any of Westbrook, Curry or Harden.

Not sure if any of Kemba Walker, Dragic or Connelly makes Boston want to make the deal.

Tough spot for both the Cavs and the Chowderheads....I think the Celts want Irving badly for a variety of reasons. Some are basketball, some financial and some ego based. FWIW I still think Danny will add something to improve the deal to get it over the line to get Irving. I think it's their first rounder this year or next. It will be in the 20s.

If not...and either Danny cheaps out.....or the Cavs ask for one of Tatum or Brown as a deal breaker...and the deal dies then it's really messy for both teams. Bostons wheelbarrow will be slightly bigger to clean up their pile of shit than will Clevelands.

Boston is not going to be able to repair that locker room with Thomas and Crowder who don't want to be there and Cleveland will eventually trade Irving for less than what they have now even before the sweetener.

Couldn't happen to nicer teams....
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Aug 28, 2017, 10:53 PM.
          - TGO

Comment

And the Shakespearean drama, Much Ado About Nothing, masquerading as the Cavs Celts PG trade has come to an uneventful close with Danny sending over a 2020 second round pick to close the deal.

Both GMs pissed hard into the wind and came away with marks on their pants.

Danny for looking a touch shady on what he led the Cavs to believe about the degree of the injury and to the best of his knowledge when he might be ready to play. He paid for that with a small settlement in a 2nd rounder.

Altman looks like the old public school taunt ...an Indian giver for holding out and saying he might want what he traded back. Instead he said give me the equivalent of close to nothing for stretching out this deal and generating a few more crummy ESPN click bait articles as it played out to its wimpy end.

Lots of culpability on both sides for this WWF type farce. The NBA sure does know how to market itself even in the dog days of August.

Should be a great game when these two open the season in Cleveland. Maybe Isiah jumps out of the tunnel to start for the Cavs. Pure theatre....
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Aug 30, 2017, 11:17 PM.
            - TGO

Comment

Here's my guess. We're talking about standings right? As in playoff seeding:

1. Boston Celtics
              2. Cleveland Cavaliers
              3. Milwaukee Bucks
              4. Washington Wizards
              5. Toronto Raptors
              6. Philadelphia 76ers
              7. Charlotte Hornets
              8. Miami Heat
              9. New York Knicks
              10. Chicago Bulls
              11. Indiana Pacers
              12. Orlando Magic
              13. Detroit Pistons
              14. Brooklyn Nets
              15. Atlanta Hawks
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

The Bulls are making noises on waiving or cutting Cameron Payne after trading for him just a few months ago. It looks like the Nets will escape the basement this year. If the Bulls cut Payne they will have traded McBucketts and Taj Gibson for nothing. The other two players to Chicago were the since renounced Anthony Morrow and Joffrey Lauvergne.

Add in they have one more year of Dwayne Wade at 24$M and traded Jimmy Butler for a possible bust in Dunn and an injured Lavine ....You have to wonder how GarPax is still running the Bulls front office.

So far in a somewhat limited input ....a consensus is building for a top 6 of Cavs, Raps, Whiz, Celts, Heat, Bucks....with the Hornets, sixers and Pistons fighting for the last two slots.

The race for the bottom is shaping between the tank job by the Bulls and two teams with little talent in the Hawks and Nets.

20 odd days till camp opens.
                - TGO

Comment

I'm not a fan of tanking but there are instances where you just have no choice. The Bulls imo are doing the right thing. And if there's a year to tank then this is it. Because from i've read there are 5 legit NBA prospects in this draft.

I'm also a big fan of Markkanen and LaVine. Add another top prospect to the mix and a big FA signing and they could be back in the playoffs next year.
                  Last edited by The Great One; Sat Sep 2, 2017, 01:34 PM.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    Here's my guess. We're talking about standings right? As in playoff seeding:

1. Boston Celtics
                    2. Cleveland Cavaliers
                    3. Milwaukee Bucks
                    4. Washington Wizards
                    5. Toronto Raptors
                    6. Philadelphia 76ers
                    7. Charlotte Hornets
                    8. Miami Heat
                    9. New York Knicks
                    10. Chicago Bulls
                    11. Indiana Pacers
                    12. Orlando Magic
                    13. Detroit Pistons
                    14. Brooklyn Nets
                    15. Atlanta Hawks
                    I will eat my Raptors hat if the Bulls are the tenth seed. They might lose 60 games this season.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      I'm not a fan of tanking but there are instances where you just have no choice. The Bulls imo are doing the right thing. And if there's a year to tank then this is it. Because from i've read there are 5 legit NBA prospects in this draft.

I'm also a big fan of Markkanen and LaVine. Add another top prospect to the mix and a big FA signing and they could be back in the playoffs next year.
                      Yeah..the bulls are going to be really bad....

Think Dunn isn't going to work out. Of the three amigos the tpups had it was always going to be Lavine who would be going if a good offer came Minnys way. He can put up points but he is Bargnani like in his defensive acumen and commitment. If he can up his game on the defensive side of the ball he can be an impact player.We will see in a year on Marrkanen as he is a rookie and needs time.

Selling current cash cow type assets like Butler for future value is a good way to go....
                      BUT,
                      I really wonder if it's GarPax that should be at the wheel of the rebuild.
                      It's like giving a drunk driver a new car and think the problems are fixed.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Sep 2, 2017, 05:22 PM.
                      - TGO

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        I will eat my Raptors hat if the Bulls are the tenth seed. They might lose 60 games this season.
                        It's entirely possible but I went with the fact that Wade is still on that team. They're not going to lose 60 with Wade. However, if the rumors are true that he'll get bought out/waived, then yes the Bulls drop down quite a bit.

Truth be told though, when I glanced at the rosters for the bottom 5, they all looked pretty horrible..
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                          It's entirely possible but I went with the fact that Wade is still on that team. They're not going to lose 60 with Wade. However, if the rumors are true that he'll get bought out/waived, then yes the Bulls drop down quite a bit.

Truth be told though, when I glanced at the rosters for the bottom 5, they all looked pretty horrible..
                          Think Wade will be heading home to Miami as poppa smurf or he signs up to chase the empty dream in Cleveland with his friend.
                          Either way Wade is done as a difference maker on the floor and Chicago in one of the rare smart GarPax moves will buy him out.

Bulls could finish 15th this year...
                          Looks good on em.
                          - TGO

Comment

1. Boston Celtics
                            2. Cleveland Cavaliers
                            3. Toronto Raptors
                            4. Milwaukee Bucks
                            5. Washington Wizards
                            6. Charlotte Hornets
                            7. Philadelphia 76ers
                            8. Miami Heat
                            9. Detroit Pistons
                            10. NY Knicks
                            11. Indiana Pacers
                            12. Orlando Magic
                            13. Brooklyn Nets
                            14. Atlanta Hawks
                            15. Chicago Bulls

Comment

1. Toronto Raptors
                              2. Cleveland Cavaliers
                              3. Washington Wizards
                              4. Boston Celtics
                              5. Milwaukee Bucks
                              6. Miami Heat
                              7. Charlotte Hornets
                              8. Detroit Pistons
                              9. Orlando Magic
                              10. Philadelphia 76ers
                              11. NY Knicks
                              12. Brooklyn Nets
                              13. Atlanta Hawks
                              14. Indiana Pacers
                              15. Chicago Bulls
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                1. Toronto Raptors
                                2. Cleveland Cavaliers
                                3. Washington Wizards
                                4. Boston Celtics
                                5. Milwaukee Bucks
                                6. Miami Heat
                                7. Charlotte Hornets
                                8. Detroit Pistons
                                9. Orlando Magic
                                10. Philadelphia 76ers
                                11. NY Knicks
                                12. Brooklyn Nets
                                13. Atlanta Hawks
                                14. Indiana Pacers
                                15. Chicago Bulls
                                Celtics #4 seed??? Top 8 otherwise seem logical. We should revisit this forum in April 2018.

Comment

Working...
                                X