Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I do think that Ibaka can play at Sheed level if he really wants too.
    Maybe, but that's hypothetical. In reality, he doesn't.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      I do think that Ibaka can play at Sheed level if he really wants too.
      Ummm.........

Dude are you forgetting how good sheed was or something? On his day he could go toe to toe with prime kg and Duncan

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Ummm.........

Dude are you forgetting how good sheed was or something? On his day he could go toe to toe with prime kg and Duncan
        He'd be an amazing 5 in this era, too.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          He'd be an amazing 5 in this era, too.
          Oh he'd be a fucking monster. Sheed used to be able to switch onto 3s in his most athletic days, plus he was a great shot blocker and on the offensive end could score from anywhere and pass very well. He'd be THE prototypical modern 5.

Comment

• Ben Wallace was on another stratosphere compared to DJ. His sheer presence made everyone nervous. One of my favorites all time. The '04 Pistons had way more grit than this team, waaaaay more.

Comment

• OG or 2nd year Tayshaun? Who's the better player?

Comment

OG or 2nd year Tayshaun? Who's the better player?
                Tayshaun
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Tayshaun
                    OG

Comment

• Remember when Boogie Cousins was the star some here were drooling over? Zach Lowe pointing out "be careful what you wish for"

The Pelicans are 26th in points allowed per possession, and they should be embarrassed. They are getting mauled in transition, and their offense is hurting their defense; only the Suns have committed more live-ball turnovers, and opponents are turning steals into easy points.

DeMarcus Cousins has been the biggest offender, in every sense. He's coughing up an ungodly 5.1 turnovers per game, on pace to be the third-most in league history, and let's just say he's not exactly hustling back to correct his mistakes. It's tempting to excuse those turnovers as the byproduct of an overburdened creative fulcrum; after all, Steve Nash committed heaps of turnovers.

.But some are just silly -- thread-the-needle highlight chasing when an easier pass would do. Some are the result of an offense that looks great for one or two actions, but devolves into Cousins or Anthony Davis bull-rushing one-on-one late in the shot clock. Cousins is prone to losing his balance, and then the ball..

The problems run beyond turnovers. New Orleans has been unusually susceptible to transition attacks after live rebounds, per both Cleaning The Glass and Inpredictable.

Cousins' effort in the half court has waned. New Orleans has given up an unthinkable 115 points per 100 possessions when he plays without Davis, a full six points worse than Sacramento's dead-last overall mark, per NBA.com. Cousins is back to reaching and lurching instead of moving his feet
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I don't agree with the sentiment that Cousins makes your team worse.

I still feel he's a final piece to an already good team kind of guy, that takes them over the top. Kind of like Sheed was for the Pistons.

Comment

• Roll with this squad for the year. Then in the summer, trade JV and Powell for Gasol, and sign Tony Allen and/or Vince Carter and/or Amir Johnson for veteran minimum (Tony Allen I think will still be able to play a big role in a second unit on a winning team. VC that would just be awesome to have him as a 15th guy and Amir would be amazing to have him back too).

Gasol/Poeltl/Nogueira, Amir or rookie?
                          Ibaka/Siakam/Caboclo, Amir or rookie?
                          Anunoby/Miles/Carter or rookie?
                          DeRozan/Allen/McKinnie
                          Lowry/Wright/VanVleet

With all the youngsters improving, core gelling even more and veteran savvy added, this would be the ultimate run of this core for a championship if it is not happening this year.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Remember when Boogie Cousins was the star some here were drooling over? Zach Lowe pointing out "be careful what you wish for"
                            Count me as one guy who never wanted to touch cousins with a 10 ft pole

Comment

I don't agree with the sentiment that Cousins makes your team worse.

I still feel he's a final piece to an already good team kind of guy, that takes them over the top. Kind of like Sheed was for the Pistons.
                              Sheed was a consistent 20%ish Usage guy, which makes a great "final piece". Cousins is a consistent >30% Usage guy, which is more a "new offensive focal point" piece.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Sheed was a consistent 20%ish Usage guy, which makes a great "final piece". Cousins is a consistent >30% Usage guy, which is more a "new offensive focal point" piece.
                                Also sheed was "fun grumpy" cousins is "depressing grumpy"

Comment

Working...
                                X