Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    If you can get Marc Gasol you go for it, end of story
    Here's one:

Grizzlies Get: Jonas Valanciunas, C.J. Miles, OG Anunoby

Toronto Raptors Get: Marc Gasol, James Ennis

Notes: Toronto’s really good, third in the East, and upgrading from Valanciunas (age 25) to Gasol should more than offset what they’d lose on the wing given the rest of their perimeter talent. Add Gasol to Kyle Lowry/Demar DeRozan/Serge Ibaka and you can talk yourself into being able to battle Boston and Cleveland for both playoff seeding and advancement. Valanciunas (a younger Gasol replacement) and C.J. Miles (you’d hope to flip him to a different contender for a shorter-term contract/draft pick) would have to be the foundation for any Gasol deal with Toronto. OG Anunoby (age 20) is your “first round pick” in this deal.
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/stor...eas/951804001/

Does ANYONE here think this is a good trade for us? Not me.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Here's one:

if you have to trade anunoby with JV to get gasol then you're back to starting powell, probably. which will be awful.

The OG-infused starting lineup, with Serge getting into form and JV seemingly regaining confidence, is currently the best starting 5 in the league and one of the best lineups period. I'm thinking we should keep rolling with it.

Comment

Here's one:

I wouldn't do it. OG has just been too good to include him in a trade for an aging center like Gasol.

Comment

Here's one:

OG should not be traded. Now if you removed him and it was just JV + Miles should we do it? Miles is our only shooter on the bench. But he's also inconsistent. If we flip him to a team for a draft pick, then send that pick to Memphis.. that might work.

Not saying I would do it, but that's probably a more farer deal for both sides. If we value Miles too much then it's better to just stand pat.

Miles is definitely our best trade chip this season though. He's got a good contract and has a skill every team would want. The problem is we want his skill set as well.

Comment

• We can't afford to trade Miles. You're talking about dropping the number of reliable shooters on the team to 2 (Lowry and Ibaka). I still don't fully trust OG's 40%, and you'd have zero shooters coming off the bench.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              We can't afford to trade Miles. You're talking about dropping the number of reliable shooters on the team to 2 (Lowry and Ibaka). I still don't fully trust OG's 40%, and you'd have zero shooters coming off the bench.
              Well, if you get Gasol, in theory you add a shooter as well. But that’s definitely a consideration.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• That trade is awful. Thank god Masai isn't an idiot.

Comment

• It never turned out well for the Raps when we give away young assets for one guy, it always end up being an addition by subtracting and it either evens out or become's a bad deal. This is a bad deal and it doesn't make us better then the Cavs.

Comment

Here's one:

Whoever suggested that trade is a moron. Seeing OG's name in there triggered me very much, you don't trade a young player with that much upside unless you're getting back someone who's in their prime or approaching their prime.

Comment

Here's one:

OG can guard almost every teams best wing player. Effectively. He's way too valuable to give up on.

Comment

• I love OG too, but I'm not sure he's an untouchable just yet. We've seen some lofty comparisons already (i.e. Kawhi), but he could just as easily be a Tony Allen or Shane Battier.

Right now, he's been playing mistake-free basketball, which for a rookie, is a remarkable accomplishment on its own. But he hasn't established himself as a future superstar.
                        Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Dec 18, 2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I love OG too, but I'm not sure he's an untouchable just yet. We've seen some lofty comparisons already (i.a. Kawhi), but he could just as easily be a Tony Allen or Shane Battier.

Right now, he's been playing mistake-free basketball, which for a rookie, is a remarkable accomplishment on its own. But he hasn't established himself as a future superstar.
                          I think the point is most guys aren't interested in trading him for an aging star. If it was for something that seriously extends our window than sure, but I suspect serious buyers remorse if we sell the farm for some high priced guy like Gasol who makes us maybe better than boston but probably still getting kicked by cleveland
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• At first I just looked at Niko as just a salary dump move that adds shooting but, this guy is playing out of his mind. 6 straight, 20/7/.5 blk, .500 on 6 3s a game. Would fit well in this new system.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              At first I just looked at Niko as just a salary dump move that adds shooting but, this guy is playing out of his mind. 6 straight, 20/7/.5 blk, .500 on 6 3s a game. Would fit well in this new system.
                              Yeah he's playing really well at the moment and would actually help us a lot. Would gladly trade JV for him but don't think the Bulls would do that anymore.

The salary dump reason is a pretty stupid reason to make that trade btw. The advantage of it is that he has a 12M team option for next year which means he basically works as a 12M expiring in a follow-up trade this year or even next year as well, which is very valuable.

Only reason I can see the Bulls doing this is if they really want Markannen and Portis to get all the PF minutes and they really like JV for some strange reason.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                Yeah he's playing really well at the moment and would actually help us a lot. Would gladly trade JV for him but don't think the Bulls would do that anymore.

The salary dump reason is a pretty stupid reason to make that trade btw. The advantage of it is that he has a 12M team option for next year which means he basically works as a 12M expiring in a follow-up trade this year or even next year as well, which is very valuable.

Only reason I can see the Bulls doing this is if they really want Markannen and Portis to get all the PF minutes and they really like JV for some strange reason.
                                Portis is also having a low-key breakout season. 21/11 per 36 on high efficiency (112 ORTG) and high usage (25%), and 39% from 3. That is excellent production from a big man.

Comment

Working...
                                X