Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    We don't have any firsts to trade. And I wouldn't put OG anywhere near that deal.

Reality is we probably don't have the pieces to make a move. This is why I was annoyed by us throwing away assets just to save money in the summer. And we can't use Powell in a trade because he was extended.
    Yeah but if we kept Carrol, OG would never have gotten the opportunity he has had this season. It was time to move on from the old bench and start developing the future.

Comment

• What can we get for Ibaka?
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Can we get Derrick Favors?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Can we get Derrick Favors?
          Why would we want him?

Comment

• Favors is a bad fit at PF if we traded Ibaka, and I'm not sure he makes us better if it's for JV either.

Not sure a trade that makes sense will come along for any of our players. The way our team is built, it's difficult to see clear ways to improve via trades/signings. If trades start happening, it might mean a tear down.

Comment

• Teams that might be interested in Ibaka:

- New York (sets up a potentially nasty 4/5 combo with Porzingis, where Serge can shift from 4 to 5 depending on whether he's on offense or defense, and Zinger can play the other set of roles - and Ibaka and Zinger have the same agent and are friendly with each other)
              - Charlotte (desperately needs a star to pair with Kemba and doesn't want to tank)
              - Cleveland (Jae Crowder is getting bullied to death at power forward and Jeff Green and Channing Frye aren't answers, plus Ibaka would fit with Cleveland's offensive philosophy)
              - Indiana (Ibaka is a major upgrade over Thaddeus Young)
              - Philly (Embiid/Ibaka/Covington is a nasty frontcourt)
              - Portland (fits with their offensive philosophy, and their power forward rotation is a bunch of average players for the most part)
              - Utah (Ibaka can give you good offensive punch when he's supported and Utah has the means to support him)

Of course, most of these teams either have to send back trash and a draft pick (New York would have to send out Joakim Noah, Charlotte would have to ditch Dwight Howard, et cetera) or a third team has to be found to take the trash and hopefully send back something vaguely worthwhile.

It's really not easy at all.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                Teams that might be interested in Ibaka:

- New York (sets up a potentially nasty 4/5 combo with Porzingis, where Serge can shift from 4 to 5 depending on whether he's on offense or defense, and Zinger can play the other set of roles - and Ibaka and Zinger have the same agent and are friendly with each other)
                - Charlotte (desperately needs a star to pair with Kemba and doesn't want to tank)
                - Cleveland (Jae Crowder is getting bullied to death at power forward and Jeff Green and Channing Frye aren't answers, plus Ibaka would fit with Cleveland's offensive philosophy)
                - Indiana (Ibaka is a major upgrade over Thaddeus Young)
                - Philly (Embiid/Ibaka/Covington is a nasty frontcourt)
                - Portland (fits with their offensive philosophy, and their power forward rotation is a bunch of average players for the most part)
                - Utah (Ibaka can give you good offensive punch when he's supported and Utah has the means to support him)

Of course, most of these teams either have to send back trash and a draft pick (New York would have to send out Joakim Noah, Charlotte would have to ditch Dwight Howard, et cetera) or a third team has to be found to take the trash and hopefully send back something vaguely worthwhile.

It's really not easy at all.
                Could add the Pels after they trade DMC

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Favors is a bad fit at PF if we traded Ibaka, and I'm not sure he makes us better if it's for JV either.

Not sure a trade that makes sense will come along for any of our players. The way our team is built, it's difficult to see clear ways to improve via trades/signings. If trades start happening, it might mean a tear down.
                  yeah he is having a tough time fitting next to Gobert....

We need to trade JV... some how for Gasol.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Could add the Pels after they trade DMC
                    why ? cleveland will just trade them Kevin Love who is better than Ibaka.. and the 1st round pick.. and call it a day.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                      yeah he is having a tough time fitting next to Gobert....

We need to trade JV... some how for Gasol.
                      Gasol's the only star mentioned so far who interests me, but man, he'd be expensive. You'd be looking at something like OG/Powell/Wright/JV.
                      Last edited by JimiCliff; Thu Nov 23, 2017, 11:54 AM.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        Gasol's the only star mentioned so far who interests me, but man, he'd be expensive. You'd be looking at something like OG/Powell/Wright/JV.
                        Disagree, that's a massive package for a 32 year old lower end all star. JV powell and a 2nd would be a good offer
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Disagree, that's a massive package for a 32 year old lower end all star. JV powell and a 2nd would be a good offer
                          A good offer for us, and they'd never accept it. Even what I wrote up there probably isn't enough for them to bite.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            We can't trade Powell

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              We can't trade Powell
                              That's why I believe any major trade we make will be in the summer. Hopefully if and when Memphis starts dangling Gasol it will be in the summer as well. It's also when we can start including our 2019 pick in a trade.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                That's why I believe any major trade we make will be in the summer. Hopefully if and when Memphis starts dangling Gasol it will be in the summer as well. It's also when we can start including our 2019 pick in a trade.
                                Yep. Gasol has a player option after next season, so if they are going to move him, it should be next summer. JV, Powell, 2019 1st. That's a good (but not great) offer. And Raps basically break even in salary assuming they use a minimum signing to replace Powell's spot.

Of course, if Ibaka is going to really be a problem at PF (which I think is as yet unproven) no matter who he plays beside, we might not look all that much better in that scenario.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X