Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: What star will be available this season?

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Be careful Puffer or you might end up on the dreaded IGNORE list along with Demo and the guy who wrote that article. And I'm guessing me soon, if I'm not on it already.
    I really don't mind discussion, disagreement, and controversy. But I find it hard to take posters who are so certain of their opinion and keep hammering away at it. Hey, even if what we want to happen actually happens, it doesn't mean you were right. A team's management may have decided to make a move for a completely different reason.

Which reminds me. I also can't stand posters who feel the need to constantly say "I told you so. When all you guys were saying that black is black, and I said that black is white, I turned out to be right." Statistics would argue that if there are enough random opinions posted, one of them is bound to be correct. Somebody on this board has been going on and on about how they were right about VV. When I went back to the "Everything Fred VanVleet" thread and the only post they made from July 2016 until November 2017 was something along the lines of "He's going to the G League." And they made that post before the 2016 season started. Now they are going on about how they told everyone he was going to be great etc., etc., etc.

I mean for Pete's sake. Can you not get enough of yourself. I keep forgetting that there are obviously some posters on this board who are only 15 years old. Hard to allow them into conversations with adults when they act like 13 year olds though.

2. Like 3inthekeon, Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Be careful Puffer or you might end up on the dreaded IGNORE list along with Demo and the guy who wrote that article. And I'm guessing me soon, if I'm not on it already.
    Hey the ignore list serves a purpose. I have a couple of current poster on it and I find my enjoyment level is much higher. When the ignored posters make a reasonable comment, I frequently see it because someone will engage them with the quote function. But when they are just shooting drivel, most other posters ignore them, and I don't have to wade through their garbage.

4. Like Shaolin Fantastic liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, to be fair, the writer of that article doesn’t really know what they are talking about (the Raptors have nowhere close to 8M in room under the hard cap), but otherwise, yeah, the team’s done a great job giving themselves the flexibility they needed and this amazing depth, balancing winning moves with future upside.

Raptors Republic Starter GOLDBLUM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Now, to be fair, the writer of that article doesn’t really know what they are talking about (the Raptors have nowhere close to 8M in room under the hard cap), but otherwise, yeah, the team’s done a great job giving themselves the flexibility they needed and this amazing depth, balancing winning moves with future upside.
    What do they have?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    What do they have?
    Depending on the accuracy of reported bonus structures, something between 3.3M - 4.8M. I've been going with 4.8M because that's the more reliable number (and also I'm an optimist).

Post Thanks / Like

Laker's made it known they don't see Randle in their future. I've always been a fan of his game and would love to see him here. I just don't see a package we can offer that Lakers would consider.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Deems wrote: View Post
    Laker's made it known they don't see Randle in their future. I've always been a fan of his game and would love to see him here. I just don't see a package we can offer that Lakers would consider.
    As a future Ibaka replacement?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Randle's an actual power forward and Ibaka isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

How do the two players stack up defensively? Does Randle have 3pt range?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    How do the two players stack up defensively? Does Randle have 3pt range?
    Lakers are better defensively with him on the floor (and they're one of the best defenses in the league). His kind of PF was looked down upon defensively before because he's not a rim protector, but for the modern game he's perfect defensively because he's quick and can guard the perimeter effectively and even switch onto some bigger 3s and some 5s too when needed.

He doesn't have 3PT range though which is problematic but he's an excellent passer, and rebounds really well for a 4.

Problem with trading with LA is that they aren't gonna take on long-term salary cause they want to target Cousins, George, LBJ, etc in FA. You'd have to take back Deng which is a huge no-no.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are Lakers giving up on Randle so soon? Cap space?

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    My guess is they prefer Nance and Kuzma
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's playing really well in his limited role, but their front court is crowded and they likely want to dump Deng to chase FA's next summer. They're going to have to include somebody in a Deng deal to get rid of the contract.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If I'm brooklynn or Atlanta I take on deng's contract if it gets me randle. The Raps not so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    If I'm brooklynn or Atlanta I take on deng's contract if it gets me randle. The Raps not so much.
    I'd do it if I was Dallas as well. He's from there and he could be a good long term replacement at the 4 for Dirk. Start putting some young pieces around DSJ and Barnes.

18. Like Rudy Bargnani liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

would you guys include OG in a trade to get Gasol or DJ? Personally I would rather not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    would you guys include OG in a trade to get Gasol or DJ? Personally I would rather not.
    Nope. Which is why we won't be getting either of them likely because we've traded our 1st this year also so we don't have any picks to use to make a deal.

21. Like Rudy Bargnani liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Every time I see Randle in a Lakers game he looks.... discombobulated? Is that the right word? He'll make a strong move and then put up some awkward looking shot or make a bad turnover. He's not terrible by any stretch but he doesn't strike me as a consistent, reliable player. He also doesn't really fit with what the Lakers are trying to do....

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just realized we were the only team with 2 players in the top 10 slaries right now! Anyway, I know M. Gasol is aging, but I think we should trade for him, even if it is next summer. JV, Powell or Wright, picks... whatever it takes. He also has the same birthday as Vince Carter.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if anyone mention this but, DJ hired an agent a couple days ago. After being without one for 2 years. If DJ is traded and it's not here. I hope he doesn't go to those other eastern conference teams mentioned. I believe Bucks/Wiz would be better than the raps with a DJ addition

Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reports DeAndre Jordan will no longer be representing himself: "The hiring of an agent can be a facilitator for teams wondering whether Jordan would have interest in signing with them long term should they trade significant assets to the Clippers to acquire him."

That's diplomatically phrased, but what Jordan's decision to hire Jeff Schwartz after going without an agent for two years really means is this: DJ's got a back channel open now. He can effectively tell certain teams to forget about making a deal and encourage others to pull the trigger.

"I'll let (the front office) handle what they handle," Jordan told Sam Amick of USA Today. "That's out of my control, so I'll focus on what I can control. Like I said, I'm happy being here and you know, we'll see what happens. If they come to me and they want to talk about (a possible trade), we can talk about it, you know? I don't believe nothing in this league until it happens."

Jordan's a good bet to hit free agency this summer via an opt-out clause. With his 30th birthday coming in July, it makes sense for DJ to forego the final year of his current deal, valued at $24.1 million, and try to snag one last fat multiseason payoff before he exits his prime.

Potential suitors, of which there are many, can now get a sense of Jordan't thinking through his agent.

Longtime Bucks writer Gery Woelfel lists Milwaukee as an interested party, along with the Toronto Raptors, Washington Wizards and Minnesota Timberwolves. Instead of egregiously tampering by talking to Jordan directly, those teams can now less egregiously chat with Schwartz.

Whether any of those teams wind up swinging a deal for Jordan remains to be seen, but it's becoming increasingly clear that (a) the reeling, banged-up Clippers should trade him, and (b) Jordan is acting like someone who believes a move is possible.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...her-hot-topics
    @Chr1st1anL

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information