Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: What star will be available this season?

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Every time I see Randle in a Lakers game he looks.... discombobulated? Is that the right word? He'll make a strong move and then put up some awkward looking shot or make a bad turnover. He's not terrible by any stretch but he doesn't strike me as a consistent, reliable player. He also doesn't really fit with what the Lakers are trying to do....
    He's still fairly young. Almost a year younger than Pascal, who wasn't exactly smooth sailing himself last year.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    He's still fairly young. Almost a year younger than Pascal, who wasn't exactly smooth sailing himself last year.
    yeah I think he has potential but i'd rather not get younger i'd rather get someone like a DJ or a star.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    You can use this link here to translate insider articles.

The four teams mentioned are Cleveland, Houston, Washington and Milwaukee.

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With Boston not being able to get Okafor for free we might see some movement on the center front soon. Plus December 15th is right around the corner.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Zach Lowe is reporting that Gasol would accept a trade
    http://www.slamonline.com/nba/marc-g...m0Z14poApIs.97

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

8. Like Shaolin Fantastic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think we have the assets to get him without putting OG on the table which I don't want to do, but we'll see what happens.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Zach Lowe is reporting that Gasol would accept a trade
    http://www.slamonline.com/nba/marc-g...m0Z14poApIs.97

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Of course he would. But the Grizz won't move him, not right after firing the coach.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually think Memphis will end up trading Gasol this season or at least heavily shopping him. They're 8-19 now with the 4th worst record in the league. You're not recovering from that to make the playoffs in the west, so the smart move would be to sell on Gasol (and Conley), grab some young guys or picks and tank the rest of the season to ensure a very high draft pick.

Post Thanks / Like

In order to get Gasol you'd have to include a third team. Flip JV for a young asset or an expiring and then flip that to Memphis. Perhaps JV to Chicago for Mirotic.. then Mirotic/Bebe/Wright to Memphis. Can throw in a 2nd rounder.. or really protect the first in 2020 (although even that can be dangerous).

Post Thanks / Like

Conley's contract would be very hard to move. Has 3 years after this one (although his last year is a player option). But he's making over $30M a year. I don't even know if Brooklyn would take that deal.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Don't think we have the assets to get him without putting OG on the table which I don't want to do, but we'll see what happens.
    I think the question is whether you would move Poeltl in a Gasol deal. Including OG is really difficult salary wise even if we were willing to part with him (which we aren't). But Poeltl fits the deal nicely. Ultimately the question is if the Grizz are content with Poeltl, a 2nd rounder, and JV (plus filler). I doubt they are, but I think there's also an interesting conundrum for the Raps in that deal - do they bail on potentially a decade of quality C play from Poeltl to upgrade for a couple (crucial) seasons?

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    I think the question is whether you would move Poeltl in a Gasol deal. Including OG is really difficult salary wise even if we were willing to part with him (which we aren't). But Poeltl fits the deal nicely. Ultimately the question is if the Grizz are content with Poeltl, a 2nd rounder, and JV (plus filler). I doubt they are, but I think there's also an interesting conundrum for the Raps in that deal - do they bail on potentially a decade of quality C play from Poeltl to upgrade for a couple (crucial) seasons?
    The usual answer is if you get the chance to go all in, you do it. It's a lot easier to find the next Poeltl than to get your team into the top tier in the league. But I don't know if a soon to be 33 year old Gasol takes the Raptors to the final level? There's a serious fit issue we can't ignore, Memphis had to stick with grit'n'grind to get the most out of Gasol and Z-Bo, when they tried to modernize their play it went terribly.

Maybe that's overthinking it. The other simplified maxim is if you get the best player in the deal, you won the deal. Gasol would be the best player in the deal hands down.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

16. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Of course he would. But the Grizz won't move him, not right after firing the coach.
    I suspect the fire sale begins by the deadline. They are horri-awful as Shaq would say.

Remember when they traded Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol? We just gotta get charming Masai to convince them that its the same thing as in 2017 trading Marc Gasol for Jonas Valanciunas
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gasol would not make this team a contending team.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Nope. Only about 5 players would. LeBron, steph, kd, anthony Davis, Harden
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    For the title, probably not; it increases our small chances though.

But I think it'd give us an outside shot of beating Cleveland. The way to beat LeBron teams is to dominate the matchups at the other 4 positions and have someone who can sort of many LeBron not completely invincible (which OG might be able to do, doubt it but we'll see). If we get Gasol we're likely going to win the matchup at PG, SG and center. If Ibaka plays like how he has been the past 7 games, he can outplay Love over the course of a series imo. And if our kids step up off the bench our bench could potentially outplay theirs even with D-Whistle there.

It's a lot that has to break right for us, but Gasol makes the math easier. Tbh if all they want is JV, Poeltl, Bruno and a 2nd or something I'd do it even though I love Poeltl long-term and figure it out a long-term solution at center later. Use the next 2-3 years trying to take real shots at making the NBA Finals and see what happens.

EDIT: The other advantage is that this would make us CLEARLY better than the other teams in the East imo, including Boston. Having those first 1-2 series be easier so we have more rest for a matchup with Cleveland could be very helpful.

21. Like charlesnba23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After watching the bench the past few days (and I'm sure this is just recency bias).. But, I have no problems packaging any of Siakam, Poeltl, FVV or even Wright for a guy like Gasol. I like the bench but most of them appear to be fungible players.

Poeltl is probably the best of the bench but he's no star. Just a guy. And those are not to hard to find in the league.

The only young piece worth keeping in my opinion is OG. He should be untouchable unless if someone like Kwahi or AD wants to come here.

23. Like Nilanka, JamesNaismith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can get Marc Gasol you go for it, end of story

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information