Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aldridge is off the table, just signed a 3-year $72 million extension.

Comment

It's going to be Gasol

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        It's going to be Gasol
        Gotta really cheer for Memphis to suck. Per Zach Lowe:

Marc Gasol and Mike Conley remain untouchable

They aren't really untouchable. Only like three or four guys are. But barring a catastrophic first 30 games -- something even worse than 10-20 -- the Grizzlies are prepared to chase 45 wins through 2019 with their foundational stars. They cough up their pick to Boston that June; after that, the slate is clean, and Memphis can contemplate a true rebuild.

The wild card: An unusual buy-sell clause that comes into play later this month, and could result in minority owners buying out Robert Pera. If that happens, the organizational priorities might shift. And trust me: you can build a lot of juicy fake Gasol trades of all stripes (to Washington, Toronto, Detroit, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, and other spots).
        http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ctions-2017-18

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Aldridge is off the table, just signed a 3-year $72 million extension.
          Kind of surprised by this move. LMA seemed like he wanted out of San Antonio and that it was a mutual feeling. Perhaps this way he gets his money (he is 32 now) and still get a trade done.

Anyone know the rules on when a guy can get traded after he gets an extension? Is he off limits for 1 year?

*EDIT: reading Coon's faq it looks like it's 6 months which is April.. meaning SAS can't trade him until the draft.
          Last edited by planetmars; Mon Oct 16, 2017, 07:30 PM.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Kind of surprised by this move. LMA seemed like he wanted out of San Antonio and that it was a mutual feeling.
            Aldridge already sold his soul.... he cannot leave.

Comment

If we are going to stay with this style, I would like to see if we can dig up another two way sniper somehow.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                If we are going to stay with this style, I would like to see if we can dig up another two way sniper somehow.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  you have been spending too much time with Skywalker
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    Do you have any names of players you would like to see in that role coming here?

Comment

I think Portis just became available....

Comment

and it begins....

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          and it begins....

The curse of the boogie man! Honestly he just can't figure out how to help his teams win.

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
                            The curse of the boogie man! Honestly he just can't figure out how to help his teams win.
                            Bench was out scored 8 to 53. That's not on Boogie. Let the Boggie watch begin.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Setting aside whether or not Boogie will become available, would you guys trade JV + Norm for Boogie? We could toss in the Brazilians if that would help.

Personally I would. Either we're all in these three years or we're not.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Setting aside whether or not Boogie will become available, would you guys trade JV + Norm for Boogie? We could toss in the Brazilians if that would help.

Personally I would. Either we're all in these three years or we're not.
                                In a heartbeat. Love Norm but, OG is the starting forward of the future. DMC is still just 27.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X