Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Conley out indefinitely with Achilles soreness.

Fire up your Marc Gasol trades!

Comment

Deandre Jordan if clips keep sliding.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

I dont want DJ
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

First time I have to agree with you Christian, how about that lol.

But DJ can be a good fit for the Raptors. He doesn’t need the touches to be effective. Top 3 rebounder in the league. Perfect complement for Ibaka who would rather stay outside of 22 feet. DeAndre will thrive with Lowry and Derozan.

I however don’t know if the Clippers would want a JV in return. ESPN trade machine accepted a trade with DJ coming in and JV plus Bebe going out.

This is an all in move for Ujiri.

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            First time I have to agree with you Christian, how about that lol.

But DJ can be a good fit for the Raptors. He doesn’t need the touches to be effective. Top 3 rebounder in the league. Perfect complement for Ibaka who would rather stay outside of 22 feet. DeAndre will thrive with Lowry and Derozan.

I however don’t know if the Clippers would want a JV in return. ESPN trade machine accepted a trade with DJ coming in and JV plus Bebe going out.

This is an all in move for Ujiri.
            O is already elite. Now we need the D to complement it.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

DJ would be a monstrous pickup for us. My goodness.

The free throw shooting has gotten better this year too for him.

Really keeping my eye on Memphis and LA Clippers at the moment, they both don't look good of late and have top 5 centers who are elite defensively, playoff tested and could really make this team even stronger

Comment

Marc Gasol?! YES PLEASE!

DeAndre Jordan?! Hmmm not so much...

Yes I get that he would play perfectly to how we use JV because we essentially use him as a garbageman to grab rebounds and catch the occasional lob/drop off but Jordan despite his BPG really isn't that smart of a basketball player and come Playoff time in close games while teams won't supposedly "intentionally" foul him, he will be a target.

Gasol on the other hand is an incredibly intelligent player (also former DPOY) who despite his size is nimble enough to move around, protect the rim and contain the perimeter alright as well. The HUGE difference is he adds another dimension to this team with his 3 POINT SHOOTING (that we're desperately trying to make our system about with non-shooters) and great passing that goes with our desire to move the ball more.

Marc may be THE perfect fit because it gives us another 20+ppg scorer who can be counted on when inevitably Lowry or DeRozan struggle through different patches in the Playoffs and also be the guy to facilitate and make the whole team operate better, in addition to spacing the floor (which would be a God send for Norm (although he'd likely be traded) and/or Delon and Siakam), Jordan on the otherhand just continues to clog it as he has no range outside dunking the basketball.

I highly doubt MEM does it because they're more painfully opposed to tanking than even our franchise but at least their reason makes sense in that they may lose their fickle fanbase but one can dream.

Comment

It really sucks that we can’t use norm as a piece this year now that he’s been extended. I’m not saying we need to get rid of him but he really does fit as a complementary option not a guy you can run the offence through so I’m not a fan of him being the #1 option off the bench. You can’t take OG out of the starting lineup tho so you have to have norm come on with one of the stars so he doesn’t force his offence. I don’t see this happening and Casey will give him the “offensive sark plug” role card and he’ll be in tunnel vision attack mode.

Comment

I agree James, I'd take Gasol if I had a choice between the two. Especially because he has multiple years left on his deal as well, while DJ has an ETO this year. Also with the way we're trying to play now, he'd fit in perfectly because he's an excellent passer out of the high and low post.

Rolling with a Lowry-DD-Ibaka-Gasol core for the next 2-3 years would be nice.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      It really sucks that we can’t use norm as a piece this year now that he’s been extended. I’m not saying we need to get rid of him but he really does fit as a complementary option not a guy you can run the offence through so I’m not a fan of him being the #1 option off the bench. You can’t take OG out of the starting lineup tho so you have to have norm come on with one of the stars so he doesn’t force his offence. I don’t see this happening and Casey will give him the “offensive sark plug” role card and he’ll be in tunnel vision attack mode.
                      Yep it's starting to look like the decision to extend him was a bad move as he's no longer a trade chip. We don't really have a lot of guys with much trade value to package with JV, and since we gave away our picks to dump Carroll we can't throw those in either unless we start playing a dangerous game and trading away 1sts in 2020 or later.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Yep it's starting to look like the decision to extend him was a bad move as he's no longer a trade chip. We don't really have a lot of guys with much trade value to package with JV, and since we gave away our picks to dump Carroll we can't throw those in either unless we start playing a dangerous game and trading away 1sts in 2020 or later.
                        Well, he’s a better trade chip in the long run because his contract gives us more money to work with. Now if JV and Norm are outgoing we can get a potentially very nice return. Problem is we’ll have to wait until after the draft to do something like this. Hopefully someone becomes available like a Marc Gasol and we can make our last move. By then OG will be hopefully even better and we can look at trying to move serge if he continues a decline. If we can get one more great year out of Kyle next year this will be fine, but if we lose superstar Kyle to age earlier than expected then we’ll unfortunately be one year off of our true window.

Luckily, the future is bright and Masai seems to know what he’s doing. OG looks great and pascal, Yak, and delon all look very good as well. Even if we have to lose for a year to get a good pick it will be pretty basketball at least lol.

Comment

• And I’m totally against trading any of those firsts. They’re off the table unless someone like Jimmy Butler becomes available. Maybe Demarcus cousins but after watching two games of the pelicans I don’t know if I could handle watching him sulk and cry for a whole season lol. Maybe a winning culture fixes that but it doesn’t seem like he’s changed much in Nola. The best scenario I can see is Gasol becoming available. I’m not a big DJ fan, and I wouldn’t really want to trade for him.

Comment

• Blake Griffin could also potentially be an option. Could start him at the 4 with Ibaka at the 5 and I think Blake is such a good rebounder (his numbers get suppressed playing next to DJ but he's elite on both ends on the glass) that we wouldn't take any hit on the boards really). Plus he's mobile and can switch 3, 4, 5 depending on the matchup.

Excellent passer, has gotten better shooting the 3 this year (35% on 2 makes a game), great for an uptempo style with his ability to finish on the break, and he's a legit star (not superstar, but he's a top 20 player in the league imo).

Again not really sure what it'd take or if the Clippers would even want a Valanciunas based package, but just throwing ideas out. I think his value would be similar to what Paul George's was when he got traded (if not lower because you'd only have him locked in for about a half-season).

Comment

• Julius Randle is looking like he may be on the block in LA. I like his upside. Averaged 3.5 assists per game last year, can rebound the ball very well, and really worked on his body this off season, coming in more mobile and with better lift. He turns 23 at the end of this month. Not the 3 point shooter that Serge is, but I would like the 1/2 punch of Randle and Siakam over Serge and Siakam.

I don't see a way that works to get him, some king of 3 team deal that I am not willing to try and figure out.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                                Julius Randle is looking like he may be on the block in LA. I like his upside. Averaged 3.5 assists per game last year, can rebound the ball very well, and really worked on his body this off season, coming in more mobile and with better lift. He turns 23 at the end of this month. Not the 3 point shooter that Serge is, but I would like the 1/2 punch of Randle and Siakam over Serge and Siakam.

I don't see a way that works to get him, some king of 3 team deal that I am not willing to try and figure out.
                                The two Brazilians work the last time I checked. He is flawed but like you said maybe there's some upside there. I just don't know if we have the right fringe talent to entice them, and they may be stingy given what's happened with D'angelo Russell.

Comment

Working...
                                X