Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    People here have wanted Serge for years and are now disappointed that he's not the Serge he once was, and that we have as much invested in him as we do going forward. Sometimes, by the time you finally swing the deal for that perfect guy you always wanted, he's on the downswing. Was Marc's benching in the fourth the other night just completely unwarranted? Or is this a sign that father time is starting to catch up with him as well? That, and the new NBA.

I'd be hesitant to sell the farm for him when we're doing such a good job of balancing the present with building for the future.
    I agree, it smells like the Carroll and Ibaka signing. We are getting the lesser player then he was and it's going to cost plenty. I hate desperate moves.

Comment

• Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        Is HDMH a brand of "Small Man's" clothing store? Isn't that the line that Damon Stoudamire started. By the way, Damon is 44 years old.
        Pretty sure it's Marcus Stromans line.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          SLOW BIG MEN ARE EXTiNCT!!!!! RISE OF THE NEW NBA!!

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Yeah, dont think Raps have the assets for a Gasol deal.

DJ is very doable. With the way Fred is playing he is really raising his value around the league. With his strong play in consistent minutes and Powell being in the second unit, not much room left for Wright when he gets back in a month. I could see one of Wright/Fred being packaged with JV + filler(Bebe) in DJ trade.

Ultimately I think he is a better fit with this team than Gasol. When you take in how we use our centers, age and has played/practised with Klow/Deebo before.

If you could do it for JV/Fred/Bebe I don't see why you don't pull the trigger.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Yeah, dont think Raps have the assets for a Gasol deal.

DJ is very doable. With the way Fred is playing he is really raising his value around the league. With his strong play in consistent minutes and Powell being in the second unit, not much room left for Wright when he gets back in a month. I could see one of Wright/Fred being packaged with JV + filler(Bebe) in DJ trade.

Ultimately I think he is a better fit with this team than Gasol. When you take in how we use our centers, age and has played/practised with Klow/Deebo before.

If you could do it for JV/Fred/Bebe I don't see why you don't pull the trigger.

Yeah, I don't see LAC taking that deal though. If they are going to rebuild they'll be desperate for incoming picks. If they aren't, why trade DAJ?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DeAndre is pretty overrated. He's another casualty of 2017 basketball, can't play much late in games anymore just like jv. Even worse that he's a bad free throw shooter.

I mean sure if you can get him for jv plus trash as Christian said, but then why would they do it for jv plus trash as danh said
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JV for Tristan Thompson straight up
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, I don't see LAC taking that deal though. If they are going to rebuild they'll be desperate for incoming picks. If they aren't, why trade DAJ?
                      I dont think Boston or Cleveland would give up a pick for him. Only young team I could see giving up a pick would be the Bucks. Clips also want to get something for DJ before he walks this summer. Also JV/Fred/Bebe are still young and would good player on a rebuilding team.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Not this year. Don't know 2 years from now.
                        If we buy him out his salary still counts towards the cap (I think).

Given that we have the 2nd highest committed salary in the NBA in 2019-20--at $130 million we're almost $20 million higher than the 3rd place team--I think Masai would try to use a sweetener like he did with Carroll before buying out JV.

Also in a couple years JV's expiring will be much easier to move. Bucks moved Monroe (similar to JV's predicament) + heavily protected picks for Bledsoe. Some similarly disgruntled player may become available. But I think we reach a boiling point long before that, whether it means JV is traded or benched or something.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          DeAndre is pretty overrated. He's another casualty of 2017 basketball, can't play much late in games anymore just like jv. Even worse that he's a bad free throw shooter.

I mean sure if you can get him for jv plus trash as Christian said, but then why would they do it for jv plus trash as danh said
                          You can't praise the bench and than call the players that make up the bench trash.

DJ averages 32 min per game for his career so he plays a lot. Also he is shotting a career high 65 %FT which I think is better than both Pskill/Yak.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Nov 30, 2017, 03:05 PM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

You can't praise the bench and than call the players that make up the bench trash.

DJ averages 32 min per game for his career so he plays a lot. Also he is shotting a career high 65 %FT which I think is better than both Pskill/Yak.

Jordan is very famous, long time corner stone of clippers franchise. Sure we know and appreciate FVV and bebe, but they are considered nba 3rd stringers and nobody in LA has ever heard of them. Doc rivers wants to keep his job and you have to sell a deal when an all star departs
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Jordan is very famous, long time corner stone of clippers franchise. Sure we know and appreciate FVV and bebe, but they are considered nba 3rd stringers and nobody in LA has ever heard of them. Doc rivers wants to keep his job and you have to sell a deal when an all star departs
                              I just don't think thier going to get much for him. Just look at the recent returns you've seen for centers. Also I said either one of Wright/Fred. They are 3rd string on the team with the best bench in league. In consistent minutes Fred as played as well as any back up PG in the league. If he keeps this play up for another month people will know who he is.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I just don't think thier going to get much for him. Just look at the recent returns you've seen for centers. Also I said either one of Wright/Fred. They are 3rd string on the team with the best bench in league. In consistent minutes Fred as played as well as any back up PG in the league. If he keeps this play up for another month people will know who he is.

The real problem is not that BeBe/Fred are not good, it's that they are off their rookie deals this summer and will be free agents (both RFA, but still).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X