Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What star will be available this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    The real problem is not that BeBe/Fred are not good, it's that they are off their rookie deals this summer and will be free agents (both RFA, but still).
    Yeah, I know. That's why I favoured Fred be in the trade than Wright. I don't think Clips want to pay DJ either though.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      The real problem is not that BeBe/Fred are not good, it's that they are off their rookie deals this summer and will be free agents (both RFA, but still).
      If he's not involved in a trade, do you think bebe signs a deal here or somewhere else?
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        If he's not involved in a trade, do you think bebe signs a deal here or somewhere else?
        With the Raptors' tax situation next summer, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if they didn't extend a QO, letting him go to UFA. But if they get rid of JV, I'd expect they try to hold onto him.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• What star will be available this season?

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          We won’t be able to afford him. He’ll either be traded or he’ll walk

Comment

• One potential JV trade partner for the Raps could be the Sac Kings. They are 2nd last in ORTG and need scoring. SAC has lot of centers (Cauley-Stein, Koufos, Papagiannis + Giles....), but none of them would be considered scoring centers. They also would be looking to get younger and rebuild around Fox, Hield and Cauley-Stein. Something like this works.....

To Kings: JV + M. Miller
            To Raps: Garrett Temple + Kosta Koufos

For the Kings: they get a solid backup scoring C in JV and unload a couple of veterans while getting younger. Miller is filler.

For the Raps: Temple is a solid perimeter defender (guards 1/2/3) and has developed into a very good 3-pt shooter (.405), who will get a ton of wide open looks in the Raps offense. Koufos is another good defender as a backup C and a decent rim protector.

Seems like a good trade for both teams and salaries work perfectly with or without Miller. Given that it's the Kings dealing, I could easily envision Masai scamming an unprotected 1st rounder out of the deal.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              One potential JV trade partner for the Raps could be the Sac Kings. They are 2nd last in ORTG and need scoring. SAC has lot of centers (Cauley-Stein, Koufos, Papagiannis + Giles....), but none of them would be considered scoring centers. They also would be looking to get younger and rebuild around Fox, Hield and Cauley-Stein. Something like this works.....

For the Kings: they get a solid backup scoring C in JV and unload a couple of veterans while getting younger. Miller is filler.

For the Raps: Temple is a solid perimeter defender (guards 1/2/3) and has developed into a very good 3-pt shooter (.405), who will get a ton of wide open looks in the Raps offense. Koufos is another good defender as a backup C and a decent rim protector.

Seems like a good trade for both teams and salaries work perfectly with or without Miller. Given that it's the Kings dealing, I could easily envision Masai scamming an unprotected 1st rounder out of the deal.

wow I was thinking of similar trade that's crazy.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                One potential JV trade partner for the Raps could be the Sac Kings. They are 2nd last in ORTG and need scoring. SAC has lot of centers (Cauley-Stein, Koufos, Papagiannis + Giles....), but none of them would be considered scoring centers. They also would be looking to get younger and rebuild around Fox, Hield and Cauley-Stein. Something like this works.....

Can't see them giving us a pick to swap centers when they have so many to groom.

I just took a quick and dirty look at the depth charts at C from ESPN, and made a few adjustments. I'm not 100% sure about every team but these are my best guesses:

Atlanta - Dedmon/Plumlee - no need, no fit w/play style
                Boston - Horford/Baynes - has need, but poor salary matches
                Brooklyn - Zeller/Mozgov - no need, no fit
                Charlotte - Howard/Zeller - no need, possible fit
                Chicago - Lopez/Felicio - has need, possible fit. They were reportedly looking at Okafor.
                Cleveland - Love/Thompson - has need, possible fit, but conference rival
                Dallas - Dirk/Mejri/Powell - has need, possible fit (Noel is persona non grata)
                Denver - Jokic/Plumlee - no need, no fit
                Detroit - Drummond/Boban - no need, possible fit
                Golden State - lol
                Houston - Capela/Nene - no need, no fit
                Indiana - Turner/Jefferson - no need, possible fit
                LA Clippers - Jordan/Reed - possible need if Jordan moves/ possible fit
                LA Lakers - Lopez/Zubac - no need, not a great fit
                Memphis - Gasol/Wright - possible need if Gasol moves / possible fit
                Miami - Whiteside/Bam - no need / possible fit
                Milwaukee - Henson/Maker - has need / unlikely fit
                Minnesota - Towns/Dieng - no need / possible fit
                New Orleans - Cousins/Ajinca - no need / not a great fit
                New York - Kanter / Hernangomez / OQuinn / Noah - no need / possible fit
                OKC - Adams / Johnson - possible need (Kanter role)/ possible fit
                Orlando - Vucevic/Biz - no need / possible fit
                Philly - Embiid/Holmes - no need or fit
                Phoenix - Chandler/Len/Monroe - no need / possible fit
                Portland - Nurkic / Collins - no need /possible fit
                Sacramento - Koufos / WCS/ Giles - no need /possible fit
                San Antonio - Gasol / Lauvergne - possible need and fit
                Utah - Gobert/ Favors - no need / possible fit
                Washington - Gortat /Mahinmi - no need / possible fit

The best partners in terms of need and fit, I think, would be Chicago and Dallas. They have the two lowest payrolls in the league, neither has a good centre prospect, and neither team has a pace-and-space identity. We know San Antonio liked JV once upon a time, but you're probably looking at taking back Pau and maybe a very late first.

Cleveland, LA Clippers, and Memphis are other possibilities but I don't think we have the pieces to be a good match for any of them. I doubt the Bucks want to add Jonas after ditching Monroe; they're more likely to want Bebe.

Nikola Mirotic and Wes Matthews would be the most likely Chicago/Dallas candidates, I think. *Edit: I considered Nerlens Noel, but apparently we wouldn't get his Bird rights, so that's a no-go.

Unfortunately this Jahlil Okafor situation might be gumming up the works a bit. I think teams like Chicago might want to wait to see if he gets bought out before doing anything.
                Last edited by Scraptor; Thu Nov 30, 2017, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Some of you guys don't really get it and are massively overrating the trade value of some of the guys on our roster.

The only guys with good trade value right now are DeRozan, Anunoby, Siakam and Poeltl. (Powell can't be traded until the offseason).

Lowry and Ibaka are paid too much to really have much value at all in a deal. CJ has about the same as them because he's on a pretty ok deal, but he's not 3+D just 3 so that hurts him.

Valanciunas has some value but not a lot because of the lack of a need for what he does in the league right now. Really only has value if the other team wants that kind of center which is going to be very rare.

Wright has a little but the PG position is so saturated that it's not great, plus he's 25 years old already.

Bruno, Bebe and FVV have little to no trade value. Bebe because he's expiring, Bruno because he sucks and FVV because he's a 3rd string PG, short and not athletic.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    Some of you guys don't really get it and are massively overrating the trade value of some of the guys on our roster.

The only guys with good trade value right now are DeRozan, Anunoby, Siakam and Poeltl. (Powell can't be traded until the offseason).

Lowry and Ibaka are paid too much to really have much value at all in a deal. CJ has about the same as them because he's on a pretty ok deal, but he's not 3+D just 3 so that hurts him.

Valanciunas has some value but not a lot because of the lack of a need for what he does in the league right now. Really only has value if the other team wants that kind of center which is going to be very rare.

Wright has a little but the PG position is so saturated that it's not great, plus he's 25 years old already.

Bruno, Bebe and FVV have little to no trade value. Bebe because he's expiring, Bruno because he sucks and FVV because he's a 3rd string PG, short and not athletic.
                    SAC fits that profile. I mean, JV for Temple+Koufos isn't exactly a blockbuster. It fills some very minor needs and matches roster age profiles on both sides. Kings need efficient scoring, and JV can provide that with great rebounding as a bonus and defending post-up bigs, similar to the Knicks getting Kanter. JV would also be a good fit defensively with mobile bigs like Skal and Cauley-Stein.

Bulls and Mavs have been discussed alot, but I thought this was a new angle that could potentially work.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      wow I was thinking of similar trade that's crazy.
                      lol. Great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ. Last year on trade deadline day I predicted the Mavs would trade: Bogut + Justin Anderson + 1st for a center. Nailing that exact trade package was pretty random.... and hilarious. I thought that center would be JV, but it ended up being Noel. If the Mavs could do it again, I'm pretty sure they'd take JV in a heartbeat over Noel.

Comment

Temple + Koufos for JV is overrating him? Christ. I'd love to hear what you think his fair value. Jameer Nelson maybe?

Comment

Some of you guys don't really get it and are massively overrating the trade value of some of the guys on our roster.

I dunno. The trade idea was JV for two middling NBA journeymen back ups... not exactly the far-fetched JV + Bebe + Bruno for Marc Gasol proposal that we've seen posted on here. There's a really small chance that any of our half baked trade ideas ever come to fruition, but I don't think that particular trade is 'massively overrating' JV.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Temple + Koufos for JV is overrating him? Christ. I'd love to hear what you think his fair value. Jameer Nelson maybe?
                            I wasn't talking about Temple + Koufos in that post, that's not overrating JV.

I was talking about how asinine it is to think that JV+Bebe+FVV can get us DeAndre Jordan. Like can we stop being drunk please with trade offers like that?
                            Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Fri Dec 1, 2017, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• I don't like the Temple + Koufos deal. The Kings would definitely do that but it doesn't help us much. Temple is another shooting guard. He's a good shooter (but not at high volume) but he can't guard bigger 3s or 4s.

Comment

I don't like the Temple + Koufos deal. The Kings would definitely do that but it doesn't help us much. Temple is another shooting guard. He's a good shooter (but not at high volume) but he can't guard bigger 3s or 4s.
                                Temple is shooting 3's at a rate of 7.4 per 100 possessions. That's a very good volume and comparable to established 3 & D guys like Trevor Ariza (7.5) and better than Otto Porter (6.0). It's more than enough to be a floor spacer. And Temple's 3P attempts would probably increase further since we have a lot of non or inconsistent 3P shooters in the rotation. And what's wrong with getting another good 3-pt shooter who is also a decent perimeter defender, who can guard multiple positions? It gives us more lineup flexibility & switchability for new NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X