Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh and Turk to Houston???

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...rockets-sights

Yet it’s believed that the Raptors, if Bosh indeed proves willing to join the Rockets via sign-and-trade, will try to foist Hedo Turkoglu on Houston as part of the deal. Would the Rockets be willing to take on Turkoglu’s contract ($43.8 million over the next four years) and surrender, say, Trevor Ariza in return to clinch Bosh’s arrival? The cost of adding Bosh along with Turkoglu would likely be prohibitive for the Rockets, but Toronto certainly figures to try.
    Oh god i hope this isnt true. Well, we cant get anybody decent in Houston. Ariza? as a primary defender? maybe. But nobody else. It should be a 3-team trade at least.

Ariza couldnt be the only one coming back. Scola who would be redundant with Yao and Bosh would be good return. Turk would be a hard sell at his cost (their gm doesnt like bloated contracts) but with Adelman as coach and one who was in Sacramento when Turk was there would know how to use him.

Comment

Ya, the contracts aren't even close. If Turkoglu were added, Yao would most definitely have to be included in the deal, as well as Ariza/Battier and someone else. Houston may want Bosh, but I don't know if they have what it takes to get him.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

As I recall the Knicks drafted Hill but it didn't take them long to get rid of him. Now it appears that the Rockets might not want him. He was good in college and I thought at the time that he could become a decent NBA player but so far he appears to be a bust in the NBA.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Scola & Budinger for Bosh are probably more than Raps can get anywhere else,
          plus will ship him out of the conference.
          Both players will be very useful next year. Scola is crafty around the rim,
          and Budinger will improve the 3-point shooting (I doubt that DD & Sonny will improve much
          in that area this summer).

Comment

I wouldn't mind this trade if we can get Ariza, Scola or Yao, and Lowry and/or Budinger. Also, 1st rounder is a MUST in this case.

Comment

I don't know about this trade. I'd like to have Yao included for sure.

Just to shift reality for a moment, in NBA2k10 "my player" mode, BC traded Bargs to Houston for Laundry, Turk to Atlanta for Crawford and coach finally put me (my character) in the starting line up. The downside, he also traded Jack to the Nets for C. Lee. Ahhhhh... if only trades were that simple in real life.
              #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

What's with all this love for Budinger? He's a nice player, but he's not exactly the type of player (defensive) that the Raptors need.

Personally, I think it would hilarious if Ariza was dealt to Toronto just a year after turning down more money not to sign with them.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                  Personally, I think it would hilarious if Ariza was dealt to Toronto just a year after turning down more money not to sign with them.
                  That would be funny.

I would hope that Scola would be included in a Rockets trade along with Ariza. If the Raptors could get the Rockets to take Hedo that would be great!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    That would be funny.

I would hope that Scola would be included in a Rockets trade along with Ariza. If the Raptors could get the Rockets to take Hedo that would be great!
                    I believe Scola is a free agent and would have to want to sign with Toronto. I like Scola, but he'll be 30 next year and I'd much rather get a younger player that can be developed. Scola would help a contender far more than he would help the Raptors.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'm surprised there isn't more enthusiasm for Battier here. Smart, hard-working player, good locker room presence, above-average defender who can guard fast 2s and big 3s.

Sure, he won't score, but I'd take the trade-off.

Comment

For them to take Hedo's contract as well would be icing on the cake. But it's going to a bunch of expirings coming our way.

It'll look something like this:

A combination of

Battier - 7.4
                        Jeffries - 6.8
                        Andersen - 2.5
                        Ariza - 6.3
                        Hill - 2.7
                        Hayes - 2.3
                        Lowry - 3.0

and a re-upped Scola around 9 mil +.

My guess is that it'll be Scola, Jeffries, Battier, Lowry and Andersen for Bosh and Turkoglu. Houston might have to add a TPE or something into the mix to make it work. Then again, they don't have to take Turkoglu and could offer Battier(or Jeffries), Scola and Andersen for Bosh.
                        Last edited by MangoKid; Fri Apr 30, 2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I don't think they are going to strip their team simply to add Bosh and Turk. Lowry, Ariza, Battier and Scola are much more valuable than Bosh and Turk, especially at thier inflated price tags.

The only way they take back Turk is if Yao is coming back the raps way. It would likely be a Yao, Ariza, Hill if anything.

There is no reason to add Battier if the team isn't going to be contending, he is similar to Anthony Parker, much more valuable on a good team.

Comment

Copywryter wrote: View Post
                            I'm surprised there isn't more enthusiasm for Battier here. Smart, hard-working player, good locker room presence, above-average defender who can guard fast 2s and big 3s.

Sure, he won't score, but I'd take the trade-off.
                            Hey, I love Battier, in fact I had been trying to figure out how to get him on the Raptors since the day he was drafted, but the last thing the Raptors need right now is a 31 year old player who is most valuable on a contender. Sure he'd make the Raptors better, but at this point, the Raptors need assets that will only increase in value. Battier will not.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              For them to take Hedo's contract as well would be icing on the cake. But it's going to a bunch of expirings coming our way.

It'll look something like this:

A combination of

Battier - 7.4
                              Jeffries - 6.8
                              Andersen - 2.5
                              Ariza - 6.3
                              Hill - 2.7
                              Hayes - 2.3
                              Lowry - 3.0

and a re-upped Scola around 9 mil +.

My guess is that it'll be Scola, Jeffries, Battier, Lowry and Andersen for Bosh and Turkoglu. Houston might have to add a TPE or something into the mix to make it work. Then again, they don't have to take Turkoglu and could offer Battier(or Jeffries), Scola and Andersen for Bosh.
                              The Rockets would have to send back abut $28 MILLION, and that would mean a 6 for 2 trade. I don't see Houston wanting to do this.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X