Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Hmm funny to see this board finally come to the realization they're better than us.

There goes just hoping for a LeBron injury to make it to a Finals lol

#TANKNOW
    They aren't better than us. I don't believe it.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Hmm funny to see this board finally come to the realization they're better than us.

There goes just hoping for a LeBron injury to make it to a Finals lol

#TANKNOW
      The Raptors lost to the Celtics and GS on the road by a combined 6 points. Maybe hold off on the histronics.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        Yeah, can we all blame Demographic Shift for Boston playing so well? lmao
        You can...and when the regression to the mean inevitably occurs....you can buy me beer, or vodka or post July 1 BC Bud...

Tonight they shot 32 % from the field and won.....32%.....the smoke and mirrors won’t last forever...

Love it that the ass shimmy squad took one in the chops...just very painful to see it at the hands of the green slime from chowdatown
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Nov 17, 2017, 12:40 AM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Holy shit! I did not watch the game but WTF! How do you win by shooting 32% against the Warriors.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
            Holy shit! I did not watch the game but WTF! How do you win by shooting 32% against the Warriors.
            Apparently they are 2004 Pistons
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Apparently they are 2004 Pistons
              Normally if you shoot 32% against the Warriors, you lose by 40. This is ridiculous.. it's like bizarro world.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

Normally if you shoot 32% against the Warriors, you lose by 40. This is ridiculous.. it's like bizarro world.
                They shut down Curry, maybe that's a key strategy.

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                  Anyone else watching the GSW-Bos game? If not, I suggest you do. Warriors are definitely outclassing Boston, reminding them of how far they still have to go before they're at the Warriors level.
                  Well, don't I feel like an ass now.

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                    Well, don't I feel like an ass now.
                    Its still a Western team playing an Eastern team on their home court. Plus it was an extra physical game. Celtic wanted this more

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      You can...and when the regression to the mean inevitably occurs....you can buy me beer, or vodka or post July 1 BC Bud...

Tonight they shot 32 % from the field and won.....32%.....the smoke and mirrors won’t last forever...

Love it that the ass shimmy squad took one in the chops...just very painful to see it at the hands of the green slime from chowdatown
                      You keep misdiagnosing why the Celtics are good. It is not their offense, it is their defense.

The fact that they shot 32% and STILL WON is to their credit. If they had shot 60% you could say, maybe they just had a hot shooting night. But the fact that they are grinding out wins on bad shooting nights is the opposite of smoke and mirrors.

Not to mention that they are the 3rd youngest team in the NBA by weighted-minutes played, meaning they have runway for growth. (We are 14th.)

It sucks, but it is what it is. This is why objectively assessing ceilings is important. Another example is Philly... They have two, possibly three franchise-level players/prospects and they have only $60 million on the books next year. There's a very real possibility they lap us next year. Bucks could too.

We can use this year to poke around and see how we stand come playoff time, and see whether any trade opportunities open up, but if we wash out again we'll need to take a serious look at where we stand. At that point a coaching change is going to be too little, too late imo.

Comment

It's not ridiculous or bizarre.

They play all world defense. That will let you stay in any game, even against the Dubs.

Comment

• The defence Boston is playing is insane. Truly insane. It will normalize, but probably not to the below average defence I expected from a team helmed by a bunch of young players and Kyrie Irving.

Still think they'll crash and burn in the playoffs when everyone is playing this hard, but for now, good for them.

I mean, they are still trash. Obviously. Just trash that wins a lot of games. Might be a little jealous. Man, I hate Boston.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Reasons why I think their defence will normalize: they have one of the lowest opposing 3PT% and FT% in the league, two metrics shown to be noise rather than signal. Reasons why it won't normalize enough to bring them in line with my expectations: they have one of the lowest opposing 3PA and FTA in the league, which are good measures of team defence.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Reasons why I think their defence will normalize: they have one of the lowest opposing 3PT% and FT% in the league, two metrics shown to be noise rather than signal. Reasons why it won't normalize enough to bring them in line with my expectations: they have one of the lowest opposing 3PA and FTA in the league, which are good measures of team defence.
                              of course they have low FTA against/game. they get away with so much fucking bullshit it's ridiculous.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Reasons why I think their defence will normalize: they have one of the lowest opposing 3PT% and FT% in the league, two metrics shown to be noise rather than signal. Reasons why it won't normalize enough to bring them in line with my expectations: they have one of the lowest opposing 3PA and FTA in the league, which are good measures of team defence.
                                They also rank 3rd in 2P% and 1st in FG% against and first in rebounding. They dont give up anything easy and try to wear teams down by clutching and grabbing

Comment

Working...
                                X