Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Like I said prior, adding Carmelo instead of sticking with Westbrook-Roberson-George-Patterson-Adams with Kanter off the bench made the team worse. Carmelo doesn't fit anywhere anymore unless he was willing to admit he's a bench scorer, like the D Wade retirement plan. Added too much salt to the recipe now it tastes like shit.

Clippers just have no ball handlers, sorry Blake you're not Simmons, Doc Rivers is an extremely overrated coach playing his in over his head son MAJOR minutes (I can't believe they're allowing it in a professional league). In young Austins first attempt starting and cracking 30 min, he's shooting 33%...FROM 2 point range!
    OKC probably felt it was going to take more than a one year rental of George to keep Russ, especially with all the talk about him going to the Lakers next season. They trade for Melo on Sept 25th, and Russ signs his extension on Sept 29th. Perhaps it's a coincidence, or perhaps they needed to show their commitment to a winning culture (on paper anyways).

Comment

• I'm not giving up on the Thunder yet. Russ has been playing well below career averages to this point, yet they still have a fairly decent point differential, they've just collapsed in the clutch. I think that should even out a bit over the course of the season.

I don't think they'll be the 2 or 3 seed in the West like some were predicting at the start, but I could still easily see them as a 4-6 seed, at least where they were last year.

The Clippers on the other hand are just screwed.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Clips need to just trade us Blake or DJ for JV and reset tbh.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Clips need to just trade us Blake or DJ for JV and reset tbh.
          Say Clips would do Griffin for JV/OG -- you make that trade?

I would find it very painful to walk away from OG.

Comment

• The Clips have been bad.. but Gallo is injured and Beverley was injured too for awhile. They started pretty hot. I think they can turn things around. Before selling pieces they should probably consider firing Doc though. It's cheaper to replace a coach mid season then it would be to start selling talent for pennies on the dollar.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              The Clips have been bad.. but Gallo is injured and Beverley was injured too for awhile. They started pretty hot. I think they can turn things around. Before selling pieces they should probably consider firing Doc though. It's cheaper to replace a coach mid season then it would be to start selling talent for pennies on the dollar.
              Gallo is always injured.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Rivers is the most overrated coach in basketball
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  well West is tough and unforgiving
                  you'd think... but the the wimpy east holds a 58 to 49 advantage head to head....

and the warriors and rockets have each played 8 or 9 games each against the east....

its early... but the projected blowout of the east by the west is not happening...
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    you'd think... but the the wimpy east holds a 58 to 49 advantage head to head....

and the warriors and rockets have each played 8 or 9 games each against the east....

its early... but the projected blowout of the east by the west is not happening...
                    huh....well damn
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Easy explanation? Carmelo Anthony went from the east to the west. He infected an entire conference
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If Boston can hold on and retain the best record in the association, Irving would deserve MVP...unless the Rockets are awfully close and Harden keeps up his play with CP3 back.

Comment

• I don't know exactly why Irving should be in the discussion for MVP right now. It's not like he's been that much better than he was in Cleveland where he didn't even make the All NBA team. I feel like people are looking at the Celtics success and putting a disproportional amount of it on Irving when he's not even the most important reason that they're 16-2.

He has been extremely good in the clutch.
                          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                            I don't know exactly why Irving should be in the discussion for MVP right now. It's not like he's been that much better than he was in Cleveland where he didn't even make the All NBA team. I feel like people are looking at the Celtics success and putting a disproportional amount of it on Irving when he's not even the most important reason that they're 16-2.
                            Tis' how NBA narratives operate

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Easy explanation? Carmelo Anthony went from the east to the west. He infected an entire conference
                              Cancer is not infectious.It still kills though.

Comment

• Chuck says it best
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X