Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    One game under .500 is big difference than 10 games under .500. Also raps were on a 2 week west coast trip. Where as the Celtics have pretty much been on the East coast all season so far. Raptors schedule is tougher there is no arguing that. Celtics have been good. This win streak still doesn't make me think they are better. Can't wait for Sundays game. When raps beat Celtics like they always do..
    Raps also didn't lose their second best player (All-Star!) before he even played a half. Come on, don't act like this Celtics run isn't impressive. They clearly have been playing better than the Raps thus far, its not a slight against the Raps.

Man the youth in the east is impressive. This will be a fun season.
    Last edited by DogeLover1234; Thu Nov 9, 2017, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Raps also didn't lose their second best player (All-Star!) before he even played a half. Come on, don't act like this Celtics run isn't impressive. They clearly have been playing better than the Raps thus far, its not a slight against the Raps.
      Raps lost thier best player for 20+ games last year and didn't skip a beat but, a lot people kept saying it was because of a weak schedule. I dont see why I can't use the same logic. I know it's not slight on the raptors. Nothing they've done has changed my mind about raps being better. I think raps would have around the same record if they started the year with that schedule.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Christian doesn't want to give the Celtics credit because he doesn't like Brad Stevens. They clearly don't have as much higher-end talent as we do (at least supposedly, though I don't agree with that tbh), yet they're outplaying that. Only explanation for that is coaching, but he's been saying for a while that Stevens isn't better than Casey.

Comment

• their D has been really impressive. I don't anyone in the basketball world expected their D to be so good. Their young guys are playing really well. Tatum and Brown are really good, Smart is much improved and Rozier is solid as well. They also play really hard, committed to the work. Time for the raps to follow suit in that regard.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              their D has been really impressive. I don't anyone in the basketball world expected their D to be so good. Their young guys are playing really well. Tatum and Brown are really good, Smart is much improved and Rozier is solid as well. They also play really hard, committed to the work. Time for the raps to follow suit in that regard.
              Their D is good because of the mobility in their unit combined with an excellent defensive scheme and coaching. Unfortunately ours isn't going to ever look like that starting 2 guys who are near the slowest in their respective positions in Ibaka and JV.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Their D is good because of the mobility in their unit combined with an excellent defensive scheme and coaching. Unfortunately ours isn't going to ever look like that starting 2 guys who are near the slowest in their respective positions in Ibaka and JV.
                they play harder too. That's the biggest factor IMO. D is mostly effort unless you have no idea what you're doing out there. And credit to Stevens for making sure the young guys know what they're doing out there.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  they play harder too. That's the biggest factor IMO. D is mostly effort unless you have no idea what you're doing out there. And credit to Stevens for making sure the young guys know what they're doing out there.
                  Defense is not mostly effort. Defense is effort, gameplan/IQ, skill and physical attributes with a little bit of luck mixed in. If defense was just effort, Jose Calderon would've been an excellent defender. Dude tried his ass off and was still terrible because he lacked the skill and physical capabilities to defend well.

Comment

Defense is not mostly effort. Defense is effort, gameplan/IQ, skill and physical attributes with a little bit of luck mixed in. If defense was just effort, Jose Calderon would've been an excellent defender. Dude tried his ass off and was still terrible because he lacked the skill and physical capabilities to defend well.
                    ok sure. Yet the Raps are 6-4 and not 8-2 because of effort. And if you watched the BOS/LAK game last night it was clearly evident. Sure, it helps to have athletic and lengthy players and guys that know where and when to be, but it's easy to be a pylon in a basketball game. You have to play hard throughout the game, and BOS has been doing that for the most part throughout the season. Nobody, yourself included, looked at BOS lineup before the season started and expected it to be this good defensively. No one that I know of even said they probably could be given the players they have. The expectation was they would struggle rebounding and due to the loss of Bradley, Crowder and to a lesser extent Amir and Olynk. But the opposite is true. The young guys are talented no doubt but they've done a great job of being active and working when they are on the court. Kudos to them.

Comment

• Fuck the Celtics.

Comment

• Celtics 10-2. Huge statement game for Raptors this Sunday at Boston.

Comment

Christian doesn't want to give the Celtics credit because he doesn't like Brad Stevens. They clearly don't have as much higher-end talent as we do (at least supposedly, though I don't agree with that tbh), yet they're outplaying that. Only explanation for that is coaching, but he's been saying for a while that Stevens isn't better than Casey.
                          I dont give credit cause it's not that impressive to me. Raps are 6-4 with a tougher schedule. I think Raps would be 10-2 with that schedule. With all his hype Steven still hasn't done anything Casey hasnt in his NBA career. Both good coaches. Neither of them is a great coach though.

P.s. fuck the Celtics

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The Lepraturds have come out of the gate very very well. 10 in a row is an exceptional feat and should not be seen as lucky.
                            As is the nature of sports nothing lasts forever and the Chowderheads will return to the mean. These are not the Warriors. For all the reasons in the original post to kick this off Boston is not going sustain this early season run.

Hayward is done. Horford has sat a game and may have to sit more. The schedule has been favourable so far in terms of travel and strength of schedule. The rookies haven’t played like rookies. Regression to the mean begins Sunday.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• I've decided I'm just gonna like any post that has the words "fuck the Celtics" in it.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                                I've decided I'm just gonna like any post that has the words "fuck the Celtics" in it.
                                Fuck the celtics

I also accept cash via paypal
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X