Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    At least we're not the only ones getting trolled by him. With Boston switching everything, he was laughing a few times when he scored in the face of a PG or a C.

Guy plays 41 minutes, puts up 29pts 16reb 9ast 2blk 63% shooting, makes the crunch time plays to win the game for his team after they were down, AND thinks the whole thing is just kinda funny. At 32. Against the team that's supposed to be his primary competition in the conference.

Oh well.
    And Lebron can rest the last few months of the season when IT gets back. Not to mention, he also has Wade and a more than serviceable Derrick Rose to share the heavy lifting of ball handling & play-making. Cavs are old & shaky, but really deep and experienced. A healthy Wade & IT plus Kevin Love would already be a handful for the Raps in the playoffs. Oh well.

Comment

• Tough luck for Hayward. No one likes to see a player suffer that kind of heartbreak. It sucks. It’s a media event for a week but it’s Hayward who does the surgery, the pain, the rehab, the weight work interspersed with the self doubt on coming back.

Out of respect for a guy who played the game hard, had a remarkably low assmuppet quotient no shots at Boston today.

Get better Gord and looking forward to kicking your healed up and ready to compete ass next year.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Oct 18, 2017, 03:52 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Tough luck for Hayward. No one likes to see a player suffer that kind of heartbreak. It sucks. It’s a media event for a week but it’s Hayward who does the surgery, the pain, the rehab, the weight work interspersed with the self doubt on coming back.

Out of respect for a guy who played the game hard, had a remarkably low assmuppet quotient no shots at Boston today.

Get better Gord and looking forward to kicking your healed up and ready to compete ass next year.
        Silver lining is that the guy got PAID just before the injury. If he never plays another minute of NBA basketball, he's set himself up for life and generations of Haywards far into the future, assuming he manages his money properly.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
          ?? How many wins did you have them down for before the injury? 55-60?
          Low to mid 50's. I'd guess they win somewhere between 47-50 now without Hayward.

Do you really think they're going to miss the playoffs?

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
            Low to mid 50's. I'd guess they win somewhere between 47-50 now without Hayward.

I had them at 45-50 or so with Hayward and us in the same range.

Without him they're a lesser version of last year's team. I'd put them in the 41-45 range now.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Silver lining is that the guy got PAID just before the injury. If he never plays another minute of NBA basketball, he's set himself up for life and generations of Haywards far into the future, assuming he manages his money properly.
              Yeah silver lining alright. I'd have both my tibias and ankles smashed with a crowbar by the Macho Man Randy Savage for ONE 2 WEEK PAYCHECK of Gordon Haywards.

Gordon Hayward gets more in 1 two week cheque than the average hard working Joe makes in 40 years. Read that again.

Yes unfortunate what happened to him. But perspective. "Don't cry for me Argentina"
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

Without him they're a lesser version of last year's team. I'd put them in the 41-45 range now.
                Fair enough. Not everyone has to share my opinion. The great thing is we'll get to see it all play out this year but I'd still expect the Celtics to be a pretty solid team and definitely not 'lottery bound'... but we'll see.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

They still have such glaring weaknesses, it'll be really interesting to see how it plays out. There definitely is also talent on the roster.

And we all know Christian thinks Brad Stevens is the GOAT who will coach the Celtics as well as anybody can.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Ah the yearly ritual of grasping at straws for signs that the Cleveland lebronaliers are beatable.

One thing and one thing only gets us to the finals. LeBron being injured enough that he can't play in may. As trump would say: sad!
                    To be clear I have no delusions that we will beat CLE because LeBron is tired BUT as superhuman as LBJ has been, the toll will have to be paid sooner than later. I don't wish injury or otherwise on a player but it will happen that he slows down and if you ask me we did already start to see the beginning of it last Finals.

Despite the triple double average which sounds funny to say, LBJ didn't have the same impact he did in the previous 2 Finals defensively and imo looked very clearly tired in various stretches of those Finals' games. As we see from this first game, despite CLE's depth, he is going to be asked to carry this team even MORE this year because there's no Kyrie unless IT comes back 100% which at this point appears to be more hopeful than anything. A hip injury is one of the most challenging injuries to come back from especially at 30 and on a guy as small as that, that NEEDS speed to be effective.

Just because LeBron has done an absolutely incredible job with his fitness to stave off injuries and be a true Ironman, age is mofo and it will hit. May be this season, may not...but this season will absolutely take it's pound of flesh out of LBJ. Personally I'm fairly confident we're going to see a subtle decline by end of year and by next year I think will be there but his game is so well rounded that he'll never not be any good. But eventually I think he will be much like Paul Millsap was in his prime even as an aged player but the day will come...but that doesn't mean the Raptors will have anything to say about it lol we're fool's gold at it's finest.

Comment

• was doing some reading earlier today it seems like Hayward's injury was not as bad as it could have been, possibly still miss the season, but definitely no career ending.

Comment

• Healthy Isaiah Thomas > Kyrie

Comment

• With the 82 and 0 season but preseason gas bag of a memory the unstoppable Chowderhead jaugernaut has exploded out of the blocks at 0 and 2.Its not over but the incline on the hill they are climbing is a few degrees steeper than it was.

Much will be written about the promise of a magical Celtic season gone south. It’s early but one of the propagandists at ESPN, SI and the various national media outlets will soon dredge up a piece on the late Len Bias and try to weave a puerile parallel.The mouth breathers and paper route caliber fans of The Chowders will come up with something simplistic worthy only of them such as Lebron tried to hurt Hayward on purpose or space aliens hired by the NBA to get Lebron to the finals again did it.

Lots of conjecture here on what this means..Are the Chowders a lottery team ...Hardly....
                          Are they still, if they ever were, a 50 win team,,,,,Hell no.....
                          The green pukes likely finish 4th or 5th and will be out in the first round.

Looks good on them...Tommy is already singing Auld Lang Syne
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Oct 19, 2017, 08:19 AM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
                            was doing some reading earlier today it seems like Hayward's injury was not as bad as it could have been, possibly still miss the season, but definitely no career ending.
                            Good news. Hate to see any players career ended because of health issues. Felt bad for Bosh because of that.

Comment

• I had them 4th sead playing Bucks in the first round. Now without Hayward I have them in the 5-7 range.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post

Nah they have too much talent to miss the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. I think they would have won about 54 games with Hayward, but without.. I don't know. The next 10-15 games will help us to determine that one. Brown and Tatum are going to get thrown into the fire quickly and we'll just have to see how they respond. This team still has a lot of high pedigree players.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X