Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    They don't have attachment to Thomas, he's likely bolting with Lebron this summer. If slump continues by deadline all the cards are on the table
    LOL, no. Still not buying it. If they don't have a big run post-break I'll be convinced they can be had but, for now, I'm chalking it up to rough stretch.

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Losses like that, without the 1A star, can really help an MVP campaign. (re: Irving)
    Same reason Thomas looked so good there the last couple years: the offense is centered around the #1 option in Boston cause they don't really have a 1b or 1c. Tatum will get there but at the moment they are Irving and company on offense.

Comment

• Yeah I don't see the Kemba to Cleveland thing either. Best bets would be teams starving for a stud PG.

Teams like San Antonio, Indiana, Detroit, NY, Orlando, LAC, Denver, or Phoenix come to mind.

Rich Cho is one of the worst GM's in the league so I wouldn't be surprised if he took back some overpaid vet with a non lottery pick.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Yeah I don't see the Kemba to Cleveland thing either. Best bets would be teams starving for a stud PG.

Teams like San Antonio, Indiana, Detroit, NY, Orlando, LAC, Denver, or Phoenix come to mind.

Rich Cho is one of the worst GM's in the league so I wouldn't be surprised if he took back some overpaid vet with a non lottery pick.
        Agree the Kemba to Cleveland is a low probability.... The Lebrons need a presence at the 5 more than another guard. They have a glut of guards right now.

Walker for all the attention he garners has managed to get his team to the playoffs twice in 7 years... it kinda says he can't lead a team.. thats fine... he might prosper as a system player.

Like the idea of San Antonio being a landing spot.... Walker is a good succession plan player for Tony Parker.
        Denver could use an upgrade over Mudiay... and Murray is a better 2 guard than point guard.....
        Phoenix are simply idiots and collect guards like people keep extra grocery bags in the garage they will never use either. Cho and McDonnaugh could swing a headscratcher for sure.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Watching the cavs right now... they are really really bad. No defence which is due to both zero effort given and absolutely brutal coaching. Their offence is basically non existent and the only way they can score is if Lebron can physically dominate. If he can’t physically dominate they can’t score because their team shooting is really bad. Things aren’t looking good for the cavs.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            Watching the cavs right now... they are really really bad. No defence which is due to both zero effort given and absolutely brutal coaching. Their offence is basically non existent and the only way they can score is if Lebron can physically dominate. If he can’t physically dominate they can’t score because their team shooting is really bad. Things aren’t looking good for the cavs.
            I agree, they're terrible. Their offense is still top 5, but it's basically just the greatness of LeBron powering that. Their defense is abysmal. Right now they barely even have a positive net rating at just +0.8 (the Raptors are +7.7).

Statistically we are way better than them. Like it's actually not really close. That bodes well for a matchup in the playoffs, because even with playoff LeBron, if we play our best we might be able to get past them.

Comment

• Derrick rose is still a good player if given the chance.

Comment

• The Lebrons just gave up

One
                Hundred
                And
                Forty
                Eight

And it wasn’t the all star game....where they don’t try....but it was hard to tell

Should probably flip the switch fairly soon
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jan 20, 2018, 07:29 PM.
                - TGO

Comment

• I have the most crazy thought with the way Cavs play right now and even more how they speak - IT saying Boston defence was better and at least they tried, unlike in Ohio where they don't trust each other. Or LeBron comment about firing Lou being non-denial - just I hope not followed by I don't know what's going on. Is there anybody believing it? Like LeBron wasn't main driving force behind Blatt firing and trading Kyrie.

Back to the thought - what if Cavs implodes altogether and play like that till the end of the season (won 3 of last 12, 4 of 14, quite a few road trips remaining, 14-24 remaining record doesn't seem unthinkable anymore) and end up with .500 record. East right now is not 13-14 west where 48 wins wasn't enough enough for playoffs but this year 42 wins might be a bare minimum for 8th seed.

That would be a most shocking end to a reign and most crazy East playoffs in last 10 years probably! Of course Cavs just to crush our hopes and prove me wrong might turn it around - they already had 13 game winning streak this season with nearly the same personnel. What stood out to me about that streak is how bad their opponents shot the ball - .327 from 3 and .716 from free throw line. Did they play actual defence or it was product of playing inferior opponents - only 1 team in firm playoff position (Miami) and 2 peripheral (Clippers and Philly)?

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
                    I have the most crazy thought with the way Cavs play right now and even more how they speak - IT saying Boston defence was better and at least they tried, unlike in Ohio where they don't trust each other. Or LeBron comment about firing Lou being non-denial - just I hope not followed by I don't know what's going on. Is there anybody believing it? Like LeBron wasn't main driving force behind Blatt firing and trading Kyrie.

Back to the thought - what if Cavs implodes altogether and play like that till the end of the season (won 3 of last 12, 4 of 14, quite a few road trips remaining, 14-24 remaining record doesn't seem unthinkable anymore) and end up with .500 record. East right now is not 13-14 west where 48 wins wasn't enough enough for playoffs but this year 42 wins might be a bare minimum for 8th seed.

That would be a most shocking end to a reign and most crazy East playoffs in last 10 years probably! Of course Cavs just to crush our hopes and prove me wrong might turn it around - they already had 13 game winning streak this season with nearly the same personnel. What stood out to me about that streak is how bad their opponents shot the ball - .327 from 3 and .716 from free throw line. Did they play actual defence or it was product of playing inferior opponents - only 1 team in firm playoff position (Miami) and 2 peripheral (Clippers and Philly)?
                    It's still too early to hope for a Cavs implosion imo. If they snag a rim protector it will go a long way to fixing their issues.

If their roster is unchanged by February 9th I'll start getting optimistic.

Comment

• The Kevin Love/IT combo has played 101 minutes together and have a 115 DRTG and a -17 NETRTG.

Comment

• Sunday, January 21
                        National New England Clam Chowder Day 2018 in United States

Hoping the Chowders eat a few bad clams today
                        - TGO

Comment

• Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Sunday, January 21
                            National New England Clam Chowder Day 2018 in United States

Hoping the Chowders eat a few bad clams today

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Blatt's team gave up 151 pts Karma is a bitch

Comment

• Brad Stevens indeed looks like he ate some bad clams as he is watching Orlando with a big lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X