View Poll Results: Most Overrated .. aka Why Boston Sucks.

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wizards

    6 15.00%
  • Raptors

    2 5.00%
  • Philly

    6 15.00%
  • Chowderheads

    23 57.50%
  • Lebrons

    4 10.00%
  • Detroit

    1 2.50%
  • Charlotte

    0 0%
  • Heat

    0 0%
  • Bucks

    1 2.50%
  • Other *

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 836

Thread: Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

  1. #801
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lmao my quest isn't to make anyone cheer for the Chowderheads.

    My quest is for people to live in reality and look for ways to have success within that reality.

    So yeah, in the spirit of homerism you can pretend that a now 20-4 Celtics team is "trash". Or you can acknowledge they're good and a real threat to us and start thinking about how we're going to be able to beat them.

  2. #802
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    12,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We're going to beat them by being the superior team, which we are. No one who called them trash thought they'd be unable to rack up regular season wins (not to this degree, and not the way they have, but it's early yet). They should be an easy out in the playoffs. Wouldn't shock me if they managed to crap the bed in the first round again.

  3. Like Just Is, Demographic Shift liked this post
  4. #803
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    We're going to beat them by being the superior team, which we are. No one who called them trash thought they'd be unable to rack up regular season wins (not to this degree, and not the way they have, but it's early yet). They should be an easy out in the playoffs. Wouldn't shock me if they managed to crap the bed in the first round again.
    This is just another cop out response. Again I'm kind of just getting tired of reading these kind of posts at this point.

  5. #804
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Lmao my quest isn't to make anyone cheer for the Chowderheads.

    My quest is for people to live in reality and look for ways to have success within that reality.

    So yeah, in the spirit of homerism you can pretend that a now 20-4 Celtics team is "trash". Or you can acknowledge they're good and a real threat to us and start thinking about how we're going to be able to beat them.
    Living in reality is realizing no matter how much (or how little) we do, it makes absolutely no difference.

    One can A) mindlessly enjoy what we have.

    Or B) go all obsessive compulsive thinking of all the ways the team could improve it's situation. Then argue ad nauseum on every fan board and comment section in existence.

    Guess what? Both A) and B) will yield exactly the same results. Not arguing for either either of those extremes, just pointing out reality.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

  6. Like Nilanka, Puffer liked this post
  7. #805
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I voted for Boston but I'm pondering whether it might really be Cleveland that is overrated; though of course they are still most likely to win the east. If you look at their team stats one realizes to what extent they are a one man team. Lebron does everything for them with only Kevin Love contributing much else at this point. Lebron is also racking up 37 minutes a game. He has been remarkably injury free in his career and if this year continues as it has one might seriously have to start considering him for GOAT. However.....I think it quite likely that he'll begin to wear down and with the mileage on his legs an injury grows increasingly likely. The return of Isaiah Thomas will also be of great interest. I know he is an explosive scorer but he is no help to them defensively and I don't see how he and Lebron will be very compatible. So while still an obvious choice to win the east.....I don't think they are a sure thing at all and I see the Raptors as the most likely to beat them now that we have two young guys who potentially could guard Lebron or at least wear him down

  8. #806
    Raptors Republic Veteran 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    8,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Cavs with Thomas are likely to be pretty different than they are now, so we'll have to wait and see on that front.

    That said, they have LeBron, so they're going to the Finals lol

  9. #807
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    The Cavs with Thomas are likely to be pretty different than they are now, so we'll have to wait and see on that front.

    That said, they have LeBron, so they're going to the Finals lol
    With Lebron showing right now that he is clearly still peak Lebron, can anybody in the East beat him yet? At this point I would still say no.

  10. #808
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Detroit might be the overrated team. Our starting 5, since OG was inserted, has a -1.8 NET rating despite all the flaws people keep pointing out. Pistons starting 5 are -6.1 NET rating.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...er_by=diff_pts
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

  11. #809
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Lmao my quest isn't to make anyone cheer for the Chowderheads.

    My quest is for people to live in reality and look for ways to have success within that reality.

    So yeah, in the spirit of homerism you can pretend that a now 20-4 Celtics team is "trash". Or you can acknowledge they're good and a real threat to us and start thinking about how we're going to be able to beat them.
    A noble thought and gesture indeed....but it has as much chance of happening as me waking up tomorrow and campaigning to have Common Law replaced by Sharia Law.

    Raps and the Lebrons are but three back in the loss column with about 60 to play ...It’s a looooooong season. Lepraturds will either come back to ...or the Raps and Lebrons will catch up to them ....as Boston reverts to the mean over the next weeks.

    Of interest ...The Chowders are an impressive 7 and 0 against the vaunted west..but 6 of those wins have come at home. The western road trips have a way of humbling teams. Boston has yet to pack their bags for that sobering experience.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 3rd, 2017 at 08:59 PM.

  12. Like KeonClark liked this post
  13. #810
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    This is just another cop out response. Again I'm kind of just getting tired of reading these kind of posts at this point.
    Dan has been unwavering on his view since August...if your tired of reading about it ...read something else.

    If I don’t like the food or the service in a restaurant I just don’t go back.

    You seem to be intent upon going back to the same restaurant, experiencing the same issues over and over again and saying your tired of it. Yet back you go.

    This restaurant serves up a lot of Boston sucks. It’s a staple that’s unlikely to be off the menu soon.

  14. Like KeonClark, Just Is, Jclaw, Puffer liked this post
  15. #811
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Dan has been unwavering on his view since August...if your tired of reading about it ...read something else.

    If I don’t like the food or the service in a restaurant I just don’t go back.

    You seem to be intent upon going back to the same restaurant, experiencing the same issues over and over again and saying your tired of it. Yet back you go.

    This restaurant serves up a lot of Boston sucks. It’s a staple that’s unlikely to be off the menu soon.
    Welcome to my ignore list, not like you provide anything productive when you post anyway. Other than jinxes.

  16. #812
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Welcome to my ignore list, not like you provide anything productive when you post anyway. Other than jinxes.
    Your welcome. I am sure it’s a solid list of suspects.

    Enjoy your time out.

    #boston still sux

  17. Like Just Is, Jclaw, jacobdr4 liked this post
  18. #813
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    13,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Looking at the current standing, the only team in the bottom 4 that I feel confident the Celtics would beat are the Pacers. Bucks/Wiz/76ers would all give them a run for their money, in a first round match up.
    @Chr1st1anL

  19. #814
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Looking at the current standing, the only team in the bottom 4 that I feel confident the Celtics would beat are the Pacers. Bucks/Wiz/76ers would all give them a run for their money, in a first round match up.
    Yep and we'd just breeze through those 3 teams no problem.

  20. #815
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    12,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Yep and we'd just breeze through those 3 teams no problem.
    The Wiz always scare me because they've got some sort of psychological edge for some reason, we just can't play against them, but I have zero concern about the other two.

  21. #816
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No we'd sweep the Wizards.

  22. #817
    Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    No we'd sweep the Wizards.
    really? lol Wiz are tough.

  23. #818
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can't help but wonder what the Celts would be if Rondo stayed healthy last year. Bounced in the 1st round, and likely a less desirable free agent destination for Hayward, and likely a LOT less hype coming into this season.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Dec 7th, 2017 at 01:32 PM.

  24. #819
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    13,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Yep and we'd just breeze through those 3 teams no problem.
    You say your not a Celtic fan but, so defensive when it comes to them. Always quick to remind us of the raptors flaws though...

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  25. Like KeonClark liked this post
  26. #820
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    You say your not a Celtic fan but, so defensive when it comes to them. Always quick to remind us of the raptors flaws though...

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    You can accuse me of being a Celtics fan until the cows come home, it doesn't change the fact that I fucking hate them like anyone else here does.

    However just because I hate them doesn't mean I can't acknowledge their abilities. You tried to diminish them by saying they'll struggle with the bottom 4 East seeds... Well so would we, and so have we the past several years. It's the pot calling the kettle black. Boston is our closest rival in the east right now, even though their record is better I'd say both teams are at a pretty similar level. They're an elite defense with a slightly above average offense. We're an elite offense with a slightly above average defense. Both teams have similar netRTGs and similar expected win percentages.

    The reason I don't just mindlessly shit on them is because they are a threat. This team always plays down 2 or 3 notches in the playoffs. We can't afford to do that against them because they're right there with us and might have homecourt advantage to boot. I talk about them in this light because the last thing I want to fucking do is get knocked out of the playoffs by the Celtics. I talk about the Raptors flaws because i want them corrected so we're at a HIGHER LEVEL than the Celtics going into the playoffs so even with our usual dropoff we can still beat them.

    So yeah keep on with this bullshit of calling me a Celtics fan because I acknowledge that they're a very good and very well coached team; you, Demo Shift, KeonClark and anyone else who wants to push that BS narrative.

  27. Like JamesNaismith liked this post
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •