Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Thanks for accurately representing my views preseason.

And fwiw I expected them to win about as many games as us, although it looks like they might be even better than anticipated. You touched on the two main points I refuted. I had a problem with people like DanH and others saying Kyrie doesn't contribute to winning (in fact MANY stated he contributes MORE to losing than winning), and I had a problem with people (again led by DanH) saying that the Celtics were "trash".

I fucking hate Boston too, but I want to keep this objective. They're not trash, and Kyrie DOES contribute to winning, and Stevens has pushed him even a level further by getting him to buy in more defensively.
    That's well and good, but there's also a way to make your points without all the I told you so/victim complex/unnecessary "fucking"-for-emphasis stuff. You're a good poster and you'll enjoy the conversation more if you take things less personally.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      That's well and good, but there's also a way to make your points without all the I told you so/victim complex/unnecessary "fucking"-for-emphasis stuff. You're a good poster and you'll enjoy the conversation more if you take things less personally.
      It's necessary because people were talking down on me and acting like I was an idiot when I was saying this stuff in the offseason. So far turns out Boston isn't trash and Kyrie can be a big contributor to a winning team.

Comment

• Constructive criticism swatted into the 7th row.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Boston's still trash. A hot streak does not a contender make. Ask the 14-15 Raptors.

They are playing hard and taking care of an easy schedule. I'm impressed. Heck, the consistent effort alone is more than the Raps have shown so far. They playing really well, especially for a trash team that I wouldn't bet on winning a playoff series against anyone in the top half of the East.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Let's say Casey decided to retire and 3 times NBA finalist/1 time NBA champ Lue and hasn't-won-shit Stevens were both available - which would you want Masai to hire?

I'd choose Stevens without a doubt.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Boston's still trash. A hot streak does not a contender make. Ask the 14-15 Raptors.

They are playing hard and taking care of an easy schedule. I'm impressed. Heck, the consistent effort alone is more than the Raps have shown so far. They playing really well, especially for a trash team that I wouldn't bet on winning a playoff series against anyone in the top half of the East.
              Lol, keep on chugging little engine.

Comment

• You guys keep acting like my point on Boston doesn't count or something because they have Stevens.

You do realize I factored in coaching to why they'd be good right?

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  The more you trash Boston the more worried I am that you've been reverse jinxing them the whole time
                  Not to worry... I am wearing my scientifically verified lucky sox and hat to counter any percieved jinxing effect of running down those slack jawed yokels in Boston.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Nov 12, 2017, 09:31 AM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Both total wins and seeding are simplistic and dumb. Brad stevens is a great coach when you actually dive in deeper and research.
                    I would love to see a poll regarding how many posters on this forum would trade DC for Brad Stevens straight up?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      I would love to see a poll regarding how many posters on this forum would trade DC for Brad Stevens straight up?
                      Would trade the whole team for him with a 10 year contract.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        All that poll would tell you is how many Casey fans there are. Conduct that poll outside Toronto or Boston fan bases and it would be Stevens in a blowout. Thats why I think a better poll would be Casey or Lue. And to be honest, I wouldn't trade Casey for Tyrone Lue straight up.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          Thanks for accurately representing my views preseason.

And fwiw I expected them to win about as many games as us, although it looks like they might be even better than anticipated. You touched on the two main points I refuted. I had a problem with people like DanH and others saying Kyrie doesn't contribute to winning (in fact MANY stated he contributes MORE to losing than winning), and I had a problem with people (again led by DanH) saying that the Celtics were "trash".

I fucking hate Boston too, but I want to keep this objective. They're not trash, and Kyrie DOES contribute to winning, and Stevens has pushed him even a level further by getting him to buy in more defensively.
                          I'm aware of your comments. All I'm saying is that I don't think you get to double back with a "I told you so" when you had the Celtics winning 40 games three weeks ago when Hayward went down.
                          Last edited by Fully; Sun Nov 12, 2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• So Boston's still trash I presume.

Comment

• they are a tough team. They play hard every possession.

Comment

• The Raps are the most overrated team in the NBA. I've been saying this since forever.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X