Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    The Raps are the most overrated team in the NBA. I've been saying this since forever.
    by raps fans maybe.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      by raps fans maybe.
      It's true though. Raptors always getting these TNT and national televised games even when they sucked, media praising them for nothing, every journalists said they will win the East. So overrated
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
        I'm aware of your comments. All I'm saying is that I don't think you get to double back with a "I told you so" when you had the Celtics winning 40 games three weeks ago when Hayward went down.
        Shaolin Fantastic wrote:
        I had them at 45-50 or so with Hayward and us in the same range.

Without him they're a lesser version of last year's team. I'd put them in the 41-45 range now.
        Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        So Boston's still trash I presume.
        Fully's right. You don't get to be smug and self-congratulatory when you had them barely over .500.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Fully's right. You don't get to be smug and self-congratulatory when you had them barely over .500.
          Actually I get to do exactly what I want. I said all summer they weren't trash unlike you guys who were saying they were terrible.

I did not expect them to be this good without Hayward but that doesn't change anything.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            Actually I get to do exactly what I want. I said all summer they weren't trash unlike you guys who were saying they were terrible.

I did not expect them to be this good without Hayward but that doesn't change anything.
            I don't know who the fuck you mean by you guys, but I certainly didn't call them trash or call them terrible. Maybe if your head wasn't so far up your own ass you would know that.

Anyways I'm done with trying to help you. But keep up the baiting and bullshit.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Boston's still trash. A hot streak does not a contender make. Ask the 14-15 Raptors.

They are playing hard and taking care of an easy schedule. I'm impressed. Heck, the consistent effort alone is more than the Raps have shown so far. They playing really well, especially for a trash team that I wouldn't bet on winning a playoff series against anyone in the top half of the East.
              Scraptor wrote: View Post
              I don't know who the fuck you mean by you guys, but I certainly didn't call them trash or call them terrible. Maybe if your head wasn't so far up your own ass you would know that.

Anyways I'm done with trying to help you. But keep up the baiting and bullshit.
              This sentiment from DanH was and has been echoed by others (I'm not necessarily talking about you) since the summer. That's what I'm referring to. It's clearly wrong, they aren't trash, they're actually pretty damn good and I'm not sure what this idea that we're way better than them is based on.

Comment

• It's really frustrating how far ahead of us Boston is (not talking ability necessarily, more situation). Their big 3 is easily on par with us (possibly better) and it's also younger than ours is. Their prospects are much higher end. We have a few guys who look like they could be nice (Siakam, Poeltl, Anunoby in particular) but Brown and Tatum look like future stars and they have a number of guys who are at least gonna be solid rotation players in the league (Rozier, Smart, etc). Not to mention they have all their picks and then some, a young coach who's got to be one of the top 5 minds in the game right now on both ends and a superior ability to attract free agents and stars.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  It's really frustrating how far ahead of us Boston is (not talking ability necessarily, more situation). Their big 3 is easily on par with us (possibly better) and it's also younger than ours is. Their prospects are much higher end. We have a few guys who look like they could be nice (Siakam, Poeltl, Anunoby in particular) but Brown and Tatum look like future stars and they have a number of guys who are at least gonna be solid rotation players in the league (Rozier, Smart, etc). Not to mention they have all their picks and then some, a young coach who's got to be one of the top 5 minds in the game right now on both ends and a superior ability to attract free agents and stars.
                  Looks like it may be time for you to switch teams and hop on the Boston bandwagon lol. But I did always agree with your take on Boston. I always felt they were on our level not this good but definitely not trash. You really seem to love them though lol. They're almost all you talk about. I knew when we lost you wouldn't waste anytime rubbing it in lol.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Boston is definitely still trash. Winning regular season games does not preclude this. Heck, they we're trash last year too and placed 1st, but were only able to sneak out of the first round because the 8th seed starting PG got hurt. They've definitely been impressive so far, and today's loss sucks, but I have just as low expectations for them come the spring as I did before the season started, when I was perfectly open to them racking up regular season wins and still being trash.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      Looks like it may be time for you to switch teams and hop on the Boston bandwagon lol. But I did always agree with your take on Boston. I always felt they were on our level not this good but definitely not trash. You really seem to love them though lol. They're almost all you talk about. I knew when we lost you wouldn't waste anytime rubbing it in lol.
                      I'm not a bandwagoner, I've been a Raptors fan since I started watching the NBA and I fucking hate the Celtics. That's why it's more annoying that they're so far ahead of us in almost every aspect.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Boston is definitely still trash. Winning regular season games does not preclude this. Heck, they we're trash last year too and placed 1st, but were only able to sneak out of the first round because the 8th seed starting PG got hurt. They've definitely been impressive so far, and today's loss sucks, but I have just as low expectations for them come the spring as I did before the season started, when I was perfectly open to them racking up regular season wins and still being trash.
                        I don't think you understand. This year;s team is COMPLETELY different from last year's team. Last year's Celtics team was OVERRATED. I was the first one to say it. I think the Raptors would've handled them pretty easily in a playoff series.

How are they different this year?

1. Kyrie Irving - They finally have a true superstar.
                        2. Tatum - A super rookie
                        3. Depth - Smart, Rozier and Brown have DEVELOPED into real good players. They're all 2 way players too. Rozier and Smart are both starting caliber guards in this league. They'd be starting for most teams. And then they have guys like Baynes and Theis who does the little things for them.

So forget about last year's team lol, this year's team is completely different.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          I don't think you understand. This year;s team is COMPLETELY different from last year's team. Last year's Celtics team was OVERRATED. I was the first one to say it. I think the Raptors would've handled them pretty easily in a playoff series.

How are they different this year?

1. Kyrie Irving - They finally have a true superstar.
                          2. Tatum - A super rookie
                          3. Depth - Smart, Rozier and Brown have DEVELOPED into real good players. They're all 2 way players too. Rozier and Smart are both starting caliber guards in this league. They'd be starting for most teams. And then they have guys like Baynes and Theis who does the little things for them.

So forget about last year's team lol, this year's team is completely different.
                          2018/19 Raptors Roster

Beverly - Wright - VanVleet
                          DeRozan - Powell - Carter
                          Covington - OG - Bruno
                          Love - Siakum
                          Cosuins - Jakob - Bebe

Head Coach - Jerry Steakhouse

This Raptors team that will be assembled next year will destroy these Celtics and also the Cavs
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                            2018/19 Raptors Roster

Beverly - Wright - VanVleet
                            DeRozan - Powell - Carter
                            Covington - OG - Bruno
                            Love - Siakum
                            Cosuins - Jakob - Bebe

Head Coach - Jerry Steakhouse

This Raptors team that will be assembled next year will destroy these Celtics and also the Cavs
                            Damn, I thought Stack's post-NBA business would be a chain of all day pancake houses but you just put beef on the table.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Random thought, but if there was a proposed Drummond for JV trade last deadline, that non-move looks terrible in hindsight. To be fair it didn't look bad at the time, but Drummond has vastly improved this year.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Random thought, but if there was a proposed Drummond for JV trade last deadline, that non-move looks terrible in hindsight. To be fair it didn't look bad at the time, but Drummond has vastly improved this year.
                                He's added more passing to his game this year and he's been taking less shots in the 3-10 foot range, trading them for shots right around the rim. FT% has gone from abysmal to respectable as well which is really helping him. His efficiency is back up around the level it was his first 2 years as well. He's also by far the best rebounder in the league and leads the entire league in defensive box score plus minus right now.

What's weird is his on-off defensive numbers are still terrible like they were last year. Will never understand that because he appears to be a good defender and his individual stats on defense are nice, but his team has done better defensively with him off the floor the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X