Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the post and I agree completely. I cant remember who said they bet money with a friend on the raptors making it further than Boston but I'm gonna see if I can sucker someone into making that deal as well.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
      Love the post and I agree completely. I cant remember who said they bet money with a friend on the raptors making it further than Boston but I'm gonna see if I can sucker someone into making that deal as well.
      That was me, Jacob. And I can't wait to make 20 bucks.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

On a related note:
        https://clutchpoints.com/sixers-vide...nch-of-bricks/

Comment

I based my vote on this community. There is just no way that people here in these forums OVERRATE the Boston Celtics. If anything the Celtics are heavily underrated here.

Everyone here doubts the Celtics, and right behind everyone doubts the Cavs. The most overrated team in these forums, and frankly rightfully so since this is a Raptors fan board, are the Toronto Raptors.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
            That was me, Jacob. And I can't wait to make 20 bucks.
            I just made the deal with a friend of mine. I'll be sweating it out to the end with ya.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              I based my vote on this community. There is just no way that people here in these forums OVERRATE the Boston Celtics. If anything the Celtics are heavily underrated here.

Everyone here doubts the Celtics, and right behind everyone doubts the Cavs. The most overrated team in these forums, and frankly rightfully so since this is a Raptors fan board, are the Toronto Raptors.

E

Comment

Pretty sure most here view the Cavs as basically unbeatable (by the Raps, or anyone else in the East) unless LeBron gets hurt, so I can't see why you'd think everyone doubts the Cavs.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The Cavs might no be unbeatable given how the players mesh, as they also have had a lot of turn-over. And well, Lebron can only do so much.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Pretty sure most here view the Cavs as basically unbeatable (by the Raps, or anyone else in the East) unless LeBron gets hurt, so I can't see why you'd think everyone doubts the Cavs.
                    Okay I stand corrected, but that still doesn't make them overrated. They really are unbeatable by anyone in the East, correct?
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Okay I stand corrected, but that still doesn't make them overrated. They really are unbeatable by anyone in the East, correct?
                      Agreed, just correctly rated.

Boston, however, is dramatically overrated. Heck, many here think they are better than the Raps. Here, on this Raps' board.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                        Vegas has Raptors 7-1 to win division. Seems like a good bet to bet on Raptors at this point.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Agreed, just correctly rated.

Boston, however, is dramatically overrated. Heck, many here think they are better than the Raps. Here, on this Raps' board.
                          I wouldn't say dramatically, but yes I think there are a few who believe what the sports sites are saying and putting Boston out in front, especially since IT is out unti January. They did it last year so why not? Except that last year's team isn't here anymore. It's really hard to say at this point. With all the changes in the NBA this offseason, to me it really comes down to team chemistry and good coaching. We have an advantage in the former, but not sure about the latter and things move quickly in the NBA. We'll see what happens. I feel there's a glut of teams with very solid trios after Cleveland:

BOS (Irving, Hayward and Horford)
                          TOR (Lowry, DeRozan and Ibaka)
                          MIL (Brogdan, Antetokounmpo and Parker)
                          WAS (Wall, Beal and Porter)

I honestly don't see any huge advantages that one team have over another from the above group. A lot of board members like Toronto, and I don't blame them -- we are after all, a Raptors forum. That was the only reason I chose them in the poll. My way of saying "Guys, temper your expectations." 2 out of the 3 from Milwaukee nearly took us down last year. Porter is only getting better for Washington since the defensive focus will *never* be on him. The Boston trio is an unknown to me. We have to see them play together before we can really judge it.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

I wouldn't say dramatically, but yes I think there are a few who believe what the sports sites are saying and putting Boston out in front, especially since IT is out unti January. They did it last year so why not? Except that last year's team isn't here anymore. It's really hard to say at this point. With all the changes in the NBA this offseason, to me it really comes down to team chemistry and good coaching. We have an advantage in the former, but not sure about the latter and things move quickly in the NBA. We'll see what happens. I feel there's a glut of teams with very solid trios after Cleveland:

BOS (Irving, Hayward and Horford)
                            TOR (Lowry, DeRozan and Ibaka)
                            MIL (Brogdan, Antetokounmpo and Parker)
                            WAS (Wall, Beal and Porter)

I honestly don't see any huge advantages that one team have over another from the above group. A lot of board members like Toronto, and I don't blame them -- we are after all, a Raptors forum. That was the only reason I chose them in the poll. My way of saying "Guys, temper your expectations." 2 out of the 3 from Milwaukee nearly took us down last year. Porter is only getting better for Washington since the defensive focus will *never* be on him. The Boston trio is an unknown to me. We have to see them play together before we can really judge it.
                            Milwaukee only "nearly took us down" because our coach took three games to make a single adjustment. After the single adjustment, we blew them out of the water. It was no contest.

Washington's issue has never been top line talent. They have zero depth. None. Like, our depth is full of relative unknowns, which is concerning. But their depth is full of knowns - backups that are known to be terrible, which is far worse.

And yeah, the Boston trio is an improvement on last year (probably), but not only are they an unknown with how they play together, but the supporting cast is far more of an unknown, and seemingly a significant step back from last year's supporting cast in terms of known production, defence AND rebounding.

While Lowry-DeMar-JV has strung off 4 ~50 win seasons in a row, with a wide range of different supporting players, and then added Ibaka, in theory bumping JV down a peg.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That's an interesting take on Milwaukee. Where do you have them finishing this year?
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

That's an interesting take on Milwaukee. Where do you have them finishing this year?
                                Probably somewhere in the 4-5 slot, like last year, probably a few more wins (45 ish?). Giannis is very good, but also very limited, and the surrounding cast isn't actually all that great. They are a solid enough team, but unless Giannis has another leap in him, or Parker is suddenly really good, I can't see them challenging anyone for the top of the conference.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X