Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I watched 5 minutes of him the other day and it was sad to see. It's like watching the beloved family dog limp around the farm sick and you know he needs to be put down but won't admit it.

Also: fuck off celtics!! How many times can you narrowly avoid defeat?!
    Mavs did Dirk wrong too. He took all these discounts and this is the team you get him? fucking disgraceful
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I watched 5 minutes of him the other day and it was sad to see. It's like watching the beloved family dog limp around the farm sick and you know he needs to be put down but won't admit it.

Also: fuck off celtics!! How many times can you narrowly avoid defeat?!
      Yeah, if they were wiping the floor with teams I would have to tip my hat. But all of these late comebacks/narrow finishes are ticking me off.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Mavs did Dirk wrong too. He took all these discounts and this is the team you get him? fucking disgraceful
        I'm sure Cuban has covered all those discounts in a "private matter" meeting. Haha.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          I'm sure Cuban has covered all those discounts in a "private matter" meeting. Haha.
          Blow jobs?
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Kyrie 47 points.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Blow jobs?

Comment

• Nobody's missing IT, that's for sure...

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Thought Kyrie made teams lose and Boston was trash lol.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    Thought Kyrie made teams lose and Boston was trash lol.
                    Clearly he's making people eat their words lol. It's really the defence that's the surprise though. No one thought they would be this good defensively, it's making a huge difference
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      This is my 5000 post since, on a flyer, I signed up as a member of the Republic half a decade ago. I have saved this milestone to comment, continue to vent actually, on my favourite topic… Boston Suckage.

My gut tells me this years oh so fashionable choice to kick ass and take names in the eastern conference, the Boston Chowderheads, are going to be a buck short and day late much like last years fashionable pick the Minnestota Timberpups. That the pups wound up with 31 wins and picking 7th in the lottery is a testament to how far off the CBS/ESPN guys can be when they get the blinders on and the bit in their mouth. At times I think they are on expense controls and since most of them are Boston natives they cover a perimeter bounded by the North Station and the Charles River. Effing homers to the bone marrow.

So without a lick of remorse here are the top 10 reasons why the projected 57 win Celtics will shit the bed this year like the Timberpups did last year and are the most overrated team in the east and the NBA.

1. Kyrie Irving is a lights out scorer, but, is a so so defender and is injury prone. He has yet to complete a full season. Its pretty unlikely he doesn’t miss time again this year. He averages about 63 games played a year. So its not inconceivable he misses 15 or so this year. Backing him up is untested Terry Rozier. Cause for concern.

Verdict still out on this. Missed a game I think due to that concussion warning.

2. Gordon Hayward. 16th best player in the league according to ESPN. Except he is not. Gord is going to be good on the offensive end. Defensively he is average. This year he won’t have Rudy Gobert protecting the rim and erasing mistakes. Gords a so so rebounder on the defensive glass and as mostly perimeter player he won’t be much on the offensive glass. Leadership isn’t featured prominently on Gord resume..

Hayward got injured for the year so this is moot.

3. Jayson Tatum bless his heart is this years Justice Winslow. Lots of hype for Tatum with substance to be determined. Tatum was ranked anywhere between 4th and 5th in most draft rankings same as Winslow. Both were dominant college players with jump shots “in progress.” The gap between what this first year Dukie will be able to do and what he won’t be able to as a 19 year old playing against the men is big. Grand Canyon big. Jayson tips the scales at 205 pounds. With no jimmy… this is not the bulk of a successful first year inside scorer. Maybe next year.

Lol. Averaging 14-6, shooting 46% from 3 with a 62.9 TS%. He's playing great for a rookie and looks awesome offensively,
                      nothing like Winslow at all. Terrible prediction.

4. Al Horford is 31 and is already relying on smarts rather than athleticism. Nothing wrong with that. What is going to go wrong for Al is that he going to play at the 5 and be a rim protector. Issue is that Al hates the 5 and isn’t much of a rim protector. Why does he hate the 5 ? Because its going to take its toll by the all star game. Al is pretty durable but he will take his lumps from guys like Howard, JV, Gortat , Drummond and Biz et al as they crash the Celts defensive glass. Al “Ice Bath” Horford is going to wear down before the post season.

Al is playing amazing averaging 14-9-5 and shooting over 40% from 3. Over .200 WS/48 and playing elite defense. Played about 69% of his minutes at center so clearly that hasn't been an issue for him so far.

5. Marcus Smart is in a contract year. Undoubtedly he wants to make an impression and get paid. Marcus is really good when he doesn’t take on too much. Human nature will take over here as he pursues a serious contract. He will try to take on an increased role on the offensive end as offensive guys get paid a lot more than defensive guys. Problem is Marcus is a bricklayer of epic proportions on offense. 28% from 3. When Irving is sitting and Smart is running the offense it could be ugly in a league that’s all about the 3.

Smart has been terrible so you've been right on this, but it hasn't really hurt them much.

6. Bostons interior defense was crappy last year and its going to be crappy this year at the TD Garden. Last year though the Chowderheads made up for it with really good perimeter defense. Problem is all those sandpaper hard ass guys are gone. Bradely is in Detroit. Olynyk is in Miami, Amir is in Philly and Crowder is in Cleveland. Without these guys not only do the Celtics look soft… they are soft… Ice cream soft on a hot day.

Best defensive team in the league. Yep, looking very soft inside.

7. Rebounding. The Celts don’t have any. They have two guys over 6 foot 8 inches tall. Aaron Baynes who backed up Andre Drummond on the 10th place Celtics and Al Horford are the guys who are going to have to get it done. Colour me skeptical.

Yep don't have any rebounding, yet they lead the league in defensive and total rebounds per game.

8. Continuity helps teams. The Chowderheads are going to have to integrate 11.. count em again.. 11 new players into the team schemes. Did the seniors all graduate ? Of the 4 returning players only Horford started. The rest came in off the bench. Lots to work on here. The conventional wisdom is that they will have it worked out by the end of the year. We’ll see.

Continuity seems to be a non-issue so far. Stevens is a great coach, has new players plugged into his same system but has them playing even better on the defensive end.

9. With the exit of Isaiah Thomas a lot of scoring has left the building (its replaced by Irving) but what Irving or Hayward or Tatum or Brown wont and can’t replace is the warrior like courage and leadership that Thomas brought. The little general led that team no questions asked. The Celtics will find a new go to guy in terms of leadership ... but that is going to take time. Irving and Hayward don’t have it. Horford isn’t particularly vocal. Smart is an asshole. Combine the vacuum of leadership with just how soft the Celts are and there are going to be some long nights.

Offense has been worse than last year so fair point, but has been made up for by going from average to elite defensively.

10. The Chowders are now capped out and have moved on from all the top 5 Nets picks they had. Their bankroll of assets is considerably thinner. There is the river of shit on Anthony Davis but with Horford and Hayward making 30, Irving making 20 and Smart as an RFA with a decent sized cap hold its hard to see how Davis fits in under the cap when you have 4 guys combining to making close to 100M next year. A trade ? Well salaries still need to match and Davis has an AAV of 26M. So who is going if Nawlins says no to Horford as the central piece. But he is an expiring contract you say ? Yes he is.. but if you suck beyond belief it doesn’t matter how much cap room you have.. no one wants to play for a lousy team .. The Nets, Knicks and to date Lakers are testament to that.

They have way more assets in picks and high-value prospects than we do to make a move. So yeah you can continue to pretend they have no way to improve but they have plenty of avenues to do so.

So a 57 win season per CBS . LMAO.. The Heat with Lebron and Bosh and Wade didn’t get to 60 a couple of times during their hayday in Miami… and this years Celts don’t have anyone resembling that trio.

Nope…you read it here. Boston doesn’t get to 50 wins this year and doesn’t get out of the 2nd round.

Almost certainly going to get to 50 wins at this point (barely even need to finish the season above .500 to do so, a 34-30 finish would get them there).

And oh yeah.. .Fuck Boston.
                      Responses in bold. Awesome jinx thread mate.

Comment

• According to Basketball-Reference:

BOS has played the 7th easiest schedule in the league so far.
                        Despite their league best 16-2 record, they are third in average margin of victory.
                        The simple rating system (schedule-adjusted MOV) places them 4th in the league (very impressive, way beyond what I expected) behind the Golden State Warriors, the Houston Rockets, and one other team.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• They are off to a hot start, and you have to give them credit for playing so well right out of the gate. Going to be interesting to see how Kyrie holds up with the high usage and rookies hitting the "rookie wall".

I still like the Raptors chances in a playoff series against Boston. I think we have too many options on offence and our defence has been coming around lately.

Comment

Lots of time to count your money when the game is over...and it’s hardly over with 80% of the schedule to go but right now the leprashits are table chip leaders.

Glad to see that analytics includes a jinx variable...

And unequivocally.....till the end of time. FUCK CHOWDATOWN
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Nov 21, 2017, 10:18 AM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote:
                              Without him they're a lesser version of last year's team. I'd put them in the 41-45 range now.
                              Shaolin Fantastic wrote:
                              You guys overrate the shit out of these prospects. Go ask any other fan from a different fanbase what they think of guys like Wright, SIakam, Poeltl, etc. They aren't good players.
                              Shaolin Fantastic wrote:
                              Lowry's 1st step is gone.
                              Great insights mate. Everyone gets things wrong, you don't have to rub their faces in it.

How about instead of coming back to this thread and baiting people after every Boston win, you contribute something useful to the board?
                              Last edited by Scraptor; Tue Nov 21, 2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Thought Kyrie made teams lose and Boston was trash lol.
                                I'd still like to see the posts where you predicted the Celtics would have one of the best defenses in the history of the NBA.

When you're winning big with ridiculously good team defense without great defenders, I think you have to give most of the credit to the coaching staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X