Preseason Game 1: Toronto Raptors vs LA Clippers - Sun Oct 1, 10pm ET - SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    I don't know how many spots are open but I hope Rautins makes the team. He actually has an NBA skill. He's a good 3pt shooter.
    And his defence actually isn't that bad. He just doesn't play a position of need but keeping the best player is more important
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Kyle had 17 and 4 on 5 shots. That's crazy good.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        Both these guys are gonna be just fine for us. Now Poeltl vs Bebe on the otherhand... no contest.

(also, for my all-important 300th post -- BOSTON SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
        Agreed. Whether it's FVV or Delon they both should be fine
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          Kyle had 17 and 4 on 5 shots. That's crazy good.
          Yea he looked beyond regular season ready as usual.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            I don't know how many spots are open but I hope Rautins makes the team. He actually has an NBA skill. He's a good 3pt shooter.
            well we haven't seen kj mcdaniels yet...

Comment

• Guys, we're undefeated
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Raptors 1-0. Warriors 0-1.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Well despite the Clips having a lot more names depthwise we still came out on top. That's a good sign.

Loved that one backdoor cut JV found Kyle on for the foul/free throws. He is really starting to find his confidence in passing the ball, saw it a couple times this summer too for Lithuania.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    Well despite the Clips having a lot more names depthwise we still came out on top. That's a good sign.

Loved that one backdoor cut JV found Kyle on for the foul/free throws. He is really starting to find his confidence in passing the ball, saw it a couple times this summer too for Lithuania.
                    Yea JV really looked good. Very impressed.

Comment

• thoughts:

- The passing game was encouraging, even if it meant more bad passes than we're used to. You have to have some bad passes to get used to making good passes.

- Norm was good, but of course Norm was going to be good.

- FVV was beasting and playing much, much better than Delon did. Delon wasn't bad; just average. FVV was looking like Kyle's younger brother out there.

- JV played really well on both ends. Looks like he feels he has to prove himself again.

- CJ Miles' shot was not really falling and I hope he finds his touch soon.

- Serge Ibaka is not a good enough three-shooter that he should be taking nine of them in one game. Bruno is not a good enough three-shooter that he should be taking seven of them in one game. I get that the Raptors want to take more threes, but the entire idea behind a three-centric strategy is making a reasonable amount of them.

- Still, although Bruno was not great, Bebe was much, much worse. Zero value on the court. When Jakob came on he was instantly so much better, not that this was difficult.

- Of the on-the-bubble guys, Alfonzo McKinnie and Andy Rautins were the only ones playing like they wanted to be on main squad come opening day. Wiltjer looked like he was asleep out there.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                        thoughts:

- The passing game was encouraging, even if it meant more bad passes than we're used to. You have to have some bad passes to get used to making good passes.

- Norm was good, but of course Norm was going to be good.

- FVV was beasting and playing much, much better than Delon did. Delon wasn't bad; just average. FVV was looking like Kyle's younger brother out there.

- JV played really well on both ends. Looks like he feels he has to prove himself again.

- CJ Miles' shot was not really falling and I hope he finds his touch soon.

- Serge Ibaka is not a good enough three-shooter that he should be taking nine of them in one game. Bruno is not a good enough three-shooter that he should be taking seven of them in one game. I get that the Raptors want to take more threes, but the entire idea behind a three-centric strategy is making a reasonable amount of them.

- Still, although Bruno was not great, Bebe was much, much worse. Zero value on the court. When Jakob came on he was instantly so much better, not that this was difficult.

- Of the on-the-bubble guys, Alfonzo McKinnie and Andy Rautins were the only ones playing like they wanted to be on main squad come opening day. Wiltjer looked like he was asleep out there.
                        CJ's shot wasn't falling but I thought he played decent defence (no where near as bad as people on here made him out to be when we signed him), he was still a plus 10 and he found other ways to score like driving and actually finishing. Something Carroll could never do. I also think you guys are being hard on Delon and gassing up FVV a little. Mainly because delon played against Clipper starters and main bench guys not third stringers like FVV did. Also delon played with that all bench lineup that's forever terrible. Delon also is a MUCH better defender than FVV. When Delon was on Lou will he was very distributive and at least gave him a little trouble at times. FVV was getting beat by Lou or Austin Rivers with so much ease it was crazy. And then he doesn't have the height to disrupt anyone's shot. Don't get me wrong I really like FVV, but I would like to see him get a chance as the main back up in a game against the other teams starters and main bench guys before I judge Delon too harshly. I also would like to see him carry that all bench lineup, cause so far no one has been able to get that lineup to play well lol

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          I also think you guys are being hard on Delon and gassing up FVV a little. Mainly because delon played against Clipper starters and main bench guys not third stringers like FVV did. Also delon played with that all bench lineup that's forever terrible. Delon also is a MUCH better defender than FVV. When Delon was on Lou will he was very distributive and at least gave him a little trouble at times. FVV was getting beat by Lou or Austin Rivers with so much ease it was crazy. And then he doesn't have the height to disrupt anyone's shot. Don't get me wrong I really like FVV, but I would like to see him get a chance as the main back up in a game against the other teams starters and main bench guys before I judge Delon too harshly. I also would like to see him carry that all bench lineup, cause so far no one has been able to get that lineup to play well lol
                          I'm not harshing on Delon for his first-half play because he was playing against a starter unit. In the second half, though, he was playing against their bench and although his defense was good his offense was just lousy, and for a team as guard-driven as the Raptors, the backup PG has to be able to score and has to have the confidence to attempt to score on a layup rather than constantly pass out of it.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            I'm not harshing on Delon for his first-half play because he was playing against a starter unit. In the second half, though, he was playing against their bench and although his defense was good his offense was just lousy, and for a team as guard-driven as the Raptors, the backup PG has to be able to score and has to have the confidence to attempt to score on a layup rather than constantly pass out of it.
                            He has work to do for sure but I think he looked much better in the second half than the first so I don't agree there. Until FVV shows me he can do it against another teams starters and main bench guys I can't sit here and say he's better than Delon when Delon actually played well overall despite all those things. I have no problem with FVV getting minutes though because he is a good player no question. If he proves me wrong so be it. It just makes our team better anyway.

Comment

• Overeaction over the 1st preseason game is actually hilarious.

Miles/Norm will each get a chance to start in preason. Miles got the first game. Norm will start the next game. Samething goes with Bebe/Yak. Yak will get the majority of the back up minutes next game.

Miles showed me some things this game. His handle is better than advertised. Was active on D. Rushed a couple 3s but, it is the first preseason game. Don't mine the idea of him starting now. Like the idea of keeping Delon/Norm together. Give raps a chance to rest both Lowry/Deebo. Should be interesting to see what the team looks like with Norm starting and Yak getting the majority of back up Cs minutes.

Also we got a serious battle for backup PG going on. FVV can play. I could see him getting the majority of the backup PG next game. If Miles wins the starting spot, I could see the bench unit being FVV/Wright/Norm/Pskill/Yak

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Oct 2, 2017, 01:43 AM.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• One major takeaway was the profuse hesitation.

Lots of hesitating which translated into lots of sloppy play.

I'll admit I am guilty of watching our bench unit under a microscope because I really want them to overachieve.
                                But I'm not gonna rag on every missed shot or awkward play.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised with the bench unit's defence.

Siakam + Bruno eliminate so many passing lanes it's nuts.

Poeltl looked like a beast out there.

Even when Delon looks like he's out of the play, he manages to make something happen.

JV was very impressive. In my opinion, he looked more nimble and in control of his body.

McKinnie looks like he's on a trampoline.

FVV has crazy footwork, such a natural point guard.

BeBe was the most mediocre looking Raptor in Hawaii, but I can see him getting lots of minutes early on to increase his trade value.
                                Last edited by c-troop; Mon Oct 2, 2017, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X