Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Raps Preseason Gameday: Pistons vs Raps : 7PM Eastern : Lots of TSN Channels , 1,3,4,5

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope people are starting to realize that quite a lot can be changed, in terms of play style, despite continuity with core players and the HC.

2. Like Chr1s1anL liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s been a day and even after sober second thought am still impressed by the showing from the F22s vs Detroit. The faithful got a good look at the likely starting 5 and the rotational depth...which appears to be again pretty decent 6 through 12 even with the departures of CoJo , PPat and PJ.

Ball movement was good and the open looks they generated was very good. That the Raps played Anunoby in the pre season is incredible given the timeline of Nov Dec that was let on. He has the ability to help and he won’t be rushed into it.

Are they as good as that 25 point drubbing over the first 3 quarters they laid on the Pistons or is Deetroit Basketball in for a long year....Think it’s closer to the Raps being very good again.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Oct 11th, 2017 at 12:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    There's a major conflict there & potential trust issues. Like when a player is going into a contract year and the guy who will negotiate that contract has complete control of said player's minutes and role. Not to mention trades. Too much power for one guy can mess up the team dynamic. It can work, but it's got to be a special guy like Pop who everybody trusts and respects.
    I agree with the logic here but I wonder why is it that the gm/coach role can work all over the soccer world but not in the NBA.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda Off topic...has anyone been following the Celtics pre-season games? How have they looked with so many new additions (and of course subtractions).

They are of course our hated competition and I wish them nothing but "ill".
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    It's not just one preseason game though.. Again, Miles has been a very good spark plug off the bench for years while Powell's efficiency plummets in that role.
    I would want to at least see if Miles can handle being a starter. He should fit really well in the knock down shooter role with the starters. Could really take our offence to another level if they all mesh. If not they move him to the bench, and it's no big loss. We already know what we are getting with Norm in there with the starters and it's not good enough to beat the Cav's, so why so hesitant to try something different?

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    They're a mess. Ish Smith and Reggie Jackson is one of the worst point guard tandems in the association.
    I like Ish Smith.. very underrated PG in the league. Reggie Jackson not so much.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Remember back in the day when Tobias Harris was considered to be a good player? Those were the days....
    Just a couple of years ago, some posters here wanted to trade DeRozan for Harris. Lol.

Harris = poor man's Rudy Gay.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Kinda Off topic...has anyone been following the Celtics pre-season games? How have they looked with so many new additions (and of course subtractions).

They are of course our hated competition and I wish them nothing but "ill".
    Not much to analyze there. They've won all three games, but they've played CHA, and Philly twice. Rested all their guys in the most recent game, and besides Kyrie getting hot in one game (and still being a -1, hilariously), none of their marquee players have looked particularly good. But it's pre-season. I'll wait for real basketball to wallow in my schadenfreude.

10. Like Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    I hope people are starting to realize that quite a lot can be changed, in terms of play style, despite continuity with core players and the HC.
    Another one to file under "believe it when I see it", in regular season, for an extended stretch and/or when the going gets tough
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Another one to file under "believe it when I see it", in regular season, for an extended stretch and/or when the going gets tough
    Well, that's always a concern. The key indicator for me will be pace. If they start to trend down back around that 94-95 mark then we'll know.

13. Like LJ2 liked this post
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread Information