Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: matt and jack...

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Machine wrote: View Post
    Matt goes too far and his 3 is the key thing with Jack is so played out and clearly Jack is getting annoyed by it. There are only so many ways he can respond to Matt's incessant badgering about the same god damn thing over and over every broadcast. Its absurd. It clearly feels like Jack is biting his tongue and sometimes he cant even hide his annoyance. For the most part I agree they just mess with each other and all is well (tho Matt is still unbearable) but Matt is definitely pushing the limit with Jack. I agree with a previous post that E. Smith should be given a chance to work beside Jack.
    This is the one thing that's played out. Matt should just leave the 3 alone now.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    This is the one thing that's played out. Matt should just leave the 3 alone now.
    I tweeted him to stop going on about "the summer 3!" a couple years back, because of the implication it was a bad shot. He said he was just having fun with it. The running gags are a bit annoying.

Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not a huge Leo fan but he bought a lot of credibility with me when he called out players in the playoffs a couple years ago, which was shocking.

I used to like Jack quite a bit but the schtick is wearing thin and he really pissed me off with his "where are the fans? the fans need to be better!" nonsense in the playoffs. As a fan of this crappy organization for 20+ years, to call out the fans as though we owe this historically loser organization anything really grinded my gears....

Devlin I like but him and Jack can be borderline unlistenable when they get off on one of their stupid non-basketball tangents. Enough already. I am convinced though that they are absolutely told to do it and it obviously plays well with the viewers or they would be gone by now. Personally, I'd love to see them let Leo and Jack talk more x's and o's. I feel like the telecast is trapped in 2001 while the fans are living in 2017....

All in all, it could be a lot worse.

4. Like Joey, DanH, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I am not a huge Leo fan but he bought a lot of credibility with me when he called out players in the playoffs a couple years ago, which was shocking.

I used to like Jack quite a bit but the schtick is wearing thin and he really pissed me off with his "where are the fans? the fans need to be better!" nonsense in the playoffs. As a fan of this crappy organization for 20+ years, to call out the fans as though we owe this historically loser organization anything really grinded my gears....

Devlin I like but him and Jack can be borderline unlistenable when they get off on one of their stupid non-basketball tangents. Enough already. I am convinced though that they are absolutely told to do it and it obviously plays well with the viewers or they would be gone by now. Personally, I'd love to see them let Leo and Jack talk more x's and o's. I feel like the telecast is trapped in 2001 while the fans are living in 2017....

I too wish there was a little more x's an o's but as you said I'm sure they're following orders. Gotta remember us at RR are a very small minority that will watch anyways. The average canadian fan is still very novice I'm afraid, one trip to the teams Facebook comment section is exhibit a of that case
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I too wish there was a little more x's an o's but as you said I'm sure they're following orders. Gotta remember us at RR are a very small minority that will watch anyways. The average canadian fan is still very novice I'm afraid, one trip to the teams Facebook comment section is exhibit a of that case
    Eh, out of all 3 I find Leo says the dumbest x's & o's stuff now and then. Or maybe he just irritates me the most so it annoys me more than a similar comment from the others would.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Eh, out of all 3 I find Leo says the dumbest x's & o's stuff now and then. Or maybe he just irritates me the most so it annoys me more than a similar comment from the others would.
    Leo's "x's and o's":

-don't leave your feet to block shots
    -jump up and grab blocked shots with your hands
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm okay with matt and jack but not a big leo fan. The one complaint I have (and this extends to most of broadcasting through most sports) is the recent trend of them telling us some super specific random stats that don't actually mean anything.

Something like "He's the first player in NBA history to hit a three pointer in the last two minutes of the second quarter in four consecutive games....in January."

Like ok great, good for him.

9. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post

It could be worse .....but objectively compared to the bar for local Canadian TV colour and announce teams ...the Blue Jays team of Buck Martinez, Pat Tabler and when he is available Dan Shulman (who are the effing best in the business bar none) ...the Raps guys suck canal water.

And it’s going to be even tougher now that (Even with the perfect 82-0-0 season now over) the leafs are going to be riding high on every sportscast coast to coast.

Jack and Matt and Leo are going to have to raise their game a shit tonne this year. It’s OK to be insightful. It’s OK to call out DD if he is stopping the ball.It ok to say JV is mentally checked out. Its ok to try and bring insight to the game from a coaches perspective Jacko.......

It’s not OK to talk ice cream..Meek Mill. ...Drake and where your going to expense the next dinner on the next roadie to South Beach or Cali. Fucking spare us this drivel.

Tick Tock boys... you want to stay relevant...pick up your games or lose all those casual fans back to the Leafs.

Here’s hoping it’s more Buck and Pat stuff than listening to what happened at Leo’s kids games at St.Mikes...cuz no one but the Rautins gives a shit.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Oct 12th, 2017 at 06:05 PM.

11. Like KeonClark liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information