Game #1: Chicago Bulls 100 - Toronto Raptors 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Lol, what a video. All Suns players start running at the same time after turnover.

There's a glitch in the matrix....

Comment

Lol, what a video. All Suns players start running at the same time after turnover.

It gets funnier and funnier the more you watch it
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Looks like a video game with shoddy AI
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          There's a glitch in the matrix....
          Been waiting to pull this one out

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            At the time Masai had the following assets to offer:

- Rudy Gay, who was widely considered to have one of the worst contracts in the league and who had a reputation as an inefficient volume scorer
            - Kyle Lowry, before Kyle became KLOW and when he was still a malcontent on his third NBA team who had spent practically his entire career as a backup
            - DeMar DeRozan, who was on a contract most of the league thought was bad at the time, the season before it turned out to be a bargain
            - Jonas Valanciunas, who had played one season of NBA ball and was thought by most of the league to be a work in progress
            - Terrence Ross, who in his first season mostly looked like a very average wing who could dunk spectacularly, and GMs are quite aware that spectacular dunks do not get you extra points
            - Quincy Acy, who had a magnificent beard
            - The decaying corpse of Landry Fields
            - Andrea Bargnani, for crissake
            That's an interesting perspective.

You could also argue that:
            -Rudy Gay was still ranked 55th in the NBA by the ESPN forecast panel that fall (down from 32) and had two years left on his contract, one of which was a player option. He was later traded to the team with the seventh pick.
            -DeMar DeRozan had just completed his fourth season at 18ppg and was not yet being paid his 9.5mm extension
            -Jonas had just made an All-Rookie team and was a former 5th overall pick
            -Terrence Ross was one year removed from being the 9th overall pick
            -per Zach Lowe: "Lowry is a difficult character, but he’s a 27-year-old legit starting point guard on a $6 million expiring deal. [Amir] Johnson is a solid two-way big man on an affordable contract only partially guaranteed in the final season. Those are real, valuable assets."

Masai turned Andrea Bargnani (for crissake) into a first round pick a couple weeks later. I mention that only because it's hard to believe that he couldn't find a way into the top 14 using the above assets unless he was simply unwilling to take a big enough risk.

And I think that goes back to what Lowe has said, that Masai wants to "really win" every trade. Which makes almost every trade a win, but also means that some opportunities are missed.

Masai has made some great trades but I think we are getting into messianic territory when he gets retroactive credit for things he didn't actually do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Been waiting to pull this one out
              Even more ridiculous than two Neos caught on camera, is the idea of using a fork & knife to eat pizza.

Comment

Even more ridiculous than two Neos caught on camera, is the idea of using a fork & knife to eat pizza.
                What's wrong with that tho? i use fork and knife to eat my pizza(with pineapples).
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  What's wrong with that tho? i use fork and knife to eat my pizza(with pineapples).

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Furthermore, it's not like the league was exactly sure that Giannis was going to become a superstar.
                    People might forget that Giannis had an identical twin brother who washed out of the league quick, so even with identical physical stats and DNA the odds are still 50/50 for a bust...
                    limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Prophet2k wrote: View Post
                          People might forget that Giannis had an identical twin brother who washed out of the league quick, so even with identical physical stats and DNA the odds are still 50/50 for a bust...
                          Ah yes. The weak Greek freak

Comment

• The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Show up and stop choking in the playoffs every year.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Early injuries have already changed the power rankings. That's why the make you play the games

Comment

Working...
                                X