Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ankings-week-1

Here's more last minute pre season fodder to piss us off. ESPN has released their opening week power rankings. Raptors are 10th(!) behind Washington, Denver and Minnesota
    And Boston. Blech.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      And Boston. Blech.
      I'll at least allow Boston as an opinion until we prove they're overrated- each team gets progressively more ridiculous to have ahead of us after that.

The funniest part is, espn states in the article we have more projected wins than all those teams, yet we're behind them in the 0 games played power rankings-because fuck canada I guess?
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I see Marc Spears was part of the eval. I used to like Marc as a sensible type.

Comment

I'll at least allow Boston as an opinion until we prove they're overrated- each team gets progressively more ridiculous to have ahead of us after that.

The funniest part is, espn states in the article we have more projected wins than all those teams, yet we're behind them in the 0 games played power rankings-because fuck canada I guess?
          Yeah, though to be fair those projected wins are straight from their BPI system, not guesses from the power rankings guys. There are a few win number discrepancies all over the list.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            I see Marc Spears was part of the eval. I used to like Marc as a sensible type.
            Congratulations Marc Spear

Comment

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ankings-week-1

Here's more last minute pre season fodder to piss us off. ESPN has released their opening week power rankings. Raptors are 10th(!) behind Washington, Denver and Minnesota
              If you didn't like that you're really not going to like this.

4. Can we just start the Cleveland-Boston East finals now?

Maybe Toronto, with C.J. Miles shooting 40 percent on 3-pointers to complement Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, will break up what seems inevitable.

Maybe Washington, with its super-solid starting five intact, now has the mental toughness to bust past the second round, where it’s been beached three of the last four postseasons. But it doesn’t feel like that.

Boston, ultimately, should be a lot better this season than last. It will take a while for coach Brad Stevens to figure out the rotation and whether Jaylen Brown can really stick at the two, but ultimately, the Celtics have two dynamic playmakers/scorers in Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward, and with Al Horford providing the glue at both ends, they’re going to be a load by the end of the season.
              http://www.nba.com/article/2017/10/1...nder-rockets#/

I think Boston is better positioned than us, but the gap between us (and the Wizards) vs Boston is small, and definitely not enough to make the ECF a foregone conclusion.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

I think Boston is better positioned than us, but the gap between us (and the Wizards) vs Boston is small, and definitely not enough to make the ECF a foregone conclusion.
                What scares me is the money/ratings difference for the nba in a kyrie vs lebron conference finals

/tin foil hat

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

David Aldridge also has us losing to Milwaukee in the first round if you read the whole thing. I hate this media bias.

Comment

I can see how they rate us lower than last year, we lost significant depth which Was or strength. Boston did improve their lineup, you can't deny that they had a better offseason than us and we were already close in standings (we were the better team last year). Besides our starters, there a lot of question marks with this team. It will be interesting to see if our bench can hold up.

I think having Serge for training camp will help big time, and JV is poised to have a strong year. I just hope we take advantage of it.

Comment

Raps lay an ass whooping on the Bulls and win by 20...ole mf’s
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                        David Aldridge also has us losing to Milwaukee in the first round if you read the whole thing. I hate this media bias.
                        Well, the Raps got lucky last year against the Bucks in the playoffs. They're a lot better this year. The Raps on the other hand lost a lot of veteran rotation players in the offseason.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I've been listening to The Posting Up podcast that has done great preseason reviews of each division team by team. It has been mostly good but the Charlotte review was dicey today. The Charlotte writer (who presumably should be familiar with the east) asked if the following assumption is true. "There's Cleveland and Boston at the top and then you have Washington the Bucks, but aren't the next six teams just exchangeable?" And this wasn't shot down. 'Mericans.

Comment

How did we get lucky against Bucks? We beat them in 6
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              I've been listening to The Posting Up podcast that has done great preseason reviews of each division team by team. It has been mostly good but the Charlotte review was dicey today. The Charlotte writer (who presumably should be familiar with the east) asked if the following assumption is true. "There's Cleveland and Boston at the top and then you have Washington the Bucks, but aren't the next six teams just exchangeable?" And this wasn't shot down. 'Mericans.
                              Sometimes I wonder if we're even in the NBA

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if we're even in the NBA
                                #WeTheOther

Comment

Working...
                                X