No announcement yet.

How many wins? Games 1-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In any 10 game stretch the Raps should be winning 6 or 7 games and this looks like a pretty reasonable mix of good, bad and ugly NBA teams. We play Chicago (the ugly) twice so that should tip the scales to 7 wins.

Comment

6 wins in this stretch.

Losses will be to Chicago, Philly, Lakers and Chicago

Just kidding!

Golden State, Portland, Denver and Washington
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        In any 10 game stretch the Raps should be winning 6 or 7 games and this looks like a pretty reasonable mix of good, bad and ugly NBA teams. We play Chicago (the ugly) twice so that should tip the scales to 7 wins.
        I like your thought process. Home cooking takes care of Chicago x 2
        Win against Philly because no other conceivable result.
        Win against Lakers because of Lakers.
        Win against Portland because why would the lose.
        Win against Denver because Denver plays 4 games in 6 nights and the two teams before the Raps are NY and the Nets. The Nuggets will be lulled in to a comatose stupor by that lineup. It will be the 4th quarter before they realize they are down by 15.
        Win against Washington at Home in the ACC (or whatever it is called now...RBC Stadium?...TD Bowl? Whatever.

But it's the NBA. I could be wrong about one of these, despite my rigorous analysis. I will accept the possibility and say the go 7 and 3.

Comment

6-4 or 5-5.

The Raptors tend to mentally break down when they face the Warriors especially if its a blowout that follows them the rest of the road trip like a bad cold in previous years.

Lets hope lady luck on the Raptors side a bit on this road trip ( Kawhi is still on the shelf or is rusty as hell, Golden State team all had bad Chinese food takeout from the night before, Denver is still working on their system and is plagued with chemistry issues... etc)

Comment

not sure about the record but the game I'd have circled is Nov 5th against the Wiz. As diluted as the term "big game" should be at this point in the season, that would be a nice one to win.

Comment

I'll go 7-3.

I know Washington continues to catch hype, but I'm not worried about head-to-head vs the Whiz. Raps are 9-1 vs those guys over the past three seasons.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I'm going with 6-4.

@ Denver is a guaranteed loss.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  0-10
                  At least one person here is guaranteed to be happy with any result. I applaud that approach.

Cop out to say rather look to defense, assists and 3PA/M #'s when evaluating the level of success?

Probably.

5-5 then. Hills and valleys, long season etc.
                  Last edited by Mess; Tue Oct 17, 2017, 10:21 AM.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

6-4 or 5-5. Good news is we get a big western trip out the way early.

Comment

10 and 0, and I think it's possible that we win 11 of the first 10
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I usually use stats to make these predictions. My game by game approach won't work until we have enough games played to have a real standard deviation, but I can do something similar but simpler.

Based on the projected ORTG and DRTG I posted in the other thread, and adjusted for home/road and back to backs, and applying the assumed +4 net rating the Raptors are projected to have on average, the Raptors are favoured to win in 7 of the 10 games, though one is very close to a toss up. So call it 6.5. Also, the average expected net rating for an average team over this stretch is -0.2. So applying the Raptors' assumed +4, that gives a +3.8 net rating over this stretch, which translates to 6.3 wins over 10 games.

So we'll peg it at 6 to 7 wins, with the predicted losses being SAS, GSW and UTA, with DEN being the coin toss.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

9W - 1L
                          If it weren’t for the greatest squad ever assembled, we run the board.

Comment

How's everyone faring?

7-3 is still do-able. Although 6-4 or 5-5 seems more realistic.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              How's everyone faring?

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              0-10

I'm not doing well
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                How's everyone faring?

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X