Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Still the North, for better or worse: a brief history of the Toronto Raptors coming up short.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    It takes time for teams to find a raison d’etre.....The Raps have found it with the We the North ..
    It fits

Inevitably the barbarians from the north storm the walls and win.....

Keep the campfires lit.....The North is Coming....and they will hit that shot.
    Question is who will hit that shot? Demar derozan? OG Anunoby? Or 2055 first round pick lebron james the 4th?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Question is who will hit that shot? Demar derozan? OG Anunoby? Or 2055 first round pick lebron james the 4th?
      DD will hit the shot ..with an +1...and make that for the 1 point win....

....while somewhere raptor fans chant the line from The Exorcist..The power of Christ compels you...and the pain of the arujo’s...the joey graham’s, the Alonzo mourning not coming shit will be gone
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Oct 19, 2017, 07:00 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        I'm not sure either of those narratives apply to this article, which explicitly states we are not on a Grizzlies-like path in the closing paragraph.

I thought the premise of the article was more about whether we're satisfied being on the treadmill.

On a side note, here is how Blake Griffin views his team's success after five consecutive 50-win seasons.

I dunno. I think the treadmill term gets thrown around way too widely nowadays. It's definition seems to have evolved from a team that finished 6th to 10th in the Conference for multiple years in a row... to any team that goes a couple seasons without either a) winning a title or b) blowing it up. I'd consider the Charlottes, Detroits and Indiana's of the East as current treadmillers... the Raptors not so much. Maybe I'm a bit biased but I think that's ultimately where the author misses the mark.

I realize he does acknowledge that there's value in being a 50 win team for multiple years and doesn't really advocate for a rebuild quite yet; I'm just not a fan of the thought process that Ujiri refusing to employ a roster overhaul is being he's "satisfied" with where they're at. As if he's worked so tirelessly since arriving in Toronto to regenerate the franchise but now he's not interested or motivated to reach any success beyond it. I think he's just decided that he's going to work on reaching that next level as a team from their current status - at least for the next couple of seasons - rather than pressing the reset button and trying to do it from there. The reality is that the odds are largely stacked against him no matter what path he chooses. Winning an NBA championship is really, really hard.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
          I dunno. I think the treadmill term gets thrown around way too widely nowadays. It's definition seems to have evolved from a team that finished 6th to 10th in the Conference for multiple years in a row... to any team that goes a couple seasons without either a) winning a title or b) blowing it up. I'd consider the Charlottes, Detroits and Indiana's of the East as current treadmillers... the Raptors not so much. Maybe I'm a bit biased but I think that's ultimately where the author misses the mark.

I realize he does acknowledge that there's value in being a 50 win team for multiple years and doesn't really advocate for a rebuild quite yet; I'm just not a fan of the thought process that Ujiri refusing to employ a roster overhaul is being he's "satisfied" with where they're at. As if he's worked so tirelessly since arriving in Toronto to regenerate the franchise but now he's not interested or motivated to reach any success beyond it. I think he's just decided that he's going to work on reaching that next level as a team from their current status - at least for the next couple of seasons - rather than pressing the reset button and trying to do it from there. The reality is that the odds are largely stacked against him no matter what path he chooses. Winning an NBA championship is really, really hard.
          That's my definition of treadmill.

Comment

Working...
          X